Pages: 1 ... 1720 1721 1722 [1723] 1724 1725 1726 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047343 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #25830 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 10:21:23 »

Tell them that there's more than two genders and that you feel it is discriminatory if they are assigning their child a gender before the child's even discovered it for itself.

That should get you off the hook.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25831 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 10:22:08 »

Smiley
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #25832 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 10:23:37 »

Hahaha good shout

Things get better but they never get good
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #25833 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 10:29:13 »

Fucking hell. That's a new one on me. Just an excuse for a party.

Is this another yank imported thing?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Panda Paws

« Reply #25834 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 10:36:48 »

Fucking hell. That's a new one on me. Just an excuse for a party.

Is this another yank imported thing?

Yep it's a big thing over there. It's fucking stupid.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #25835 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 10:55:22 »

my friends are having a baby, and they're having a gender reveal party.

I like my friends, and I'm happy they're having children, but I'm struggling to find much enthusiasm for going to a party specifically to watch them pop a baloon.
If ever proof was needed that the world has gone mad, this is it. I'd refuse to go and tell them not to be so bloody stupid. Total nonsense. In fact, this irritates the hell out of me. It shouldn't but it does.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #25836 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 11:16:08 »

my friends are having a baby, and they're having a gender reveal party.

I like my friends, and I'm happy they're having children, but I'm struggling to find much enthusiasm for going to a party specifically to watch them pop a baloon.

This is everything that is wrong with todays society. Nobody gives a fuck - they pretend they do as that is what is deemed socially acceptable and polite - but the truth is they don't.

A pregnant colleague - you know the type - sits with one hand permanently on the bump - came up to me and asked "guess what we are having? My reply - "18+ years of misery ?"

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25837 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 11:31:31 »

If ever proof was needed that the world has gone mad, this is it. I'd refuse to go and tell them not to be so bloody stupid. Total nonsense. In fact, this irritates the hell out of me. It shouldn't but it does.

So much this.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #25838 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 11:33:55 »

This is everything that is wrong with todays society. Nobody gives a fuck - they pretend they do as that is what is deemed socially acceptable and polite - but the truth is they don't.

A pregnant colleague - you know the type - sits with one hand permanently on the bump - came up to me and asked "guess what we are having? My reply - "18+ years of misery ?"

I blame facebook. The insistence that every minuscule aspect of people's lives should be scrutinised on it winds me up no end.

'Look at me, look at me, I am at the cinema'
'Look at me, I am eating a cornish pasty'
'Look at me, my kid has put his yoghurt pot on his head'
'Look at me, isn't my dog/cat so cute'

I don't use it anymore but I am really tempted to start questioning why people are posting such inane drivel and sharing this stuff. Do people really 'like' or care?

Just stop it, now.

*Caveat. I actually put my holiday photos from my phone on FB to clear up space on my phone.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 19, 2017, 11:35:26 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #25839 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 11:40:02 »

A horse?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #25840 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 12:16:40 »

'Look at me, look at me, I am at the cinema'
'Look at me, I am eating a cornish pasty'
'Look at me, my kid has put his yoghurt pot on his head'
'Look at me, isn't my dog/cat so cute'

Spot on.

I was once asked by a colleague if I had had a nice weekend - mid way through my reply he stopped me and said "to be honest I don't really care and it's only social convention and politeness that made me ask"

I loved this. And it is so true.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #25841 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 12:21:50 »

I know there are people on here with pets so i don't mean to cause offence but i don't understand why people refer themselves as mum or dad to their cats or dogs.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #25842 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 12:55:08 »

Spot on.

I was once asked by a colleague if I had had a nice weekend - mid way through my reply he stopped me and said "to be honest I don't really care and it's only social convention and politeness that made me ask"

Haha, this is very true.

On a slightly different note, a women in the office was speaking to someone and clearly talking to someone about an upcoming holiday. That utterly ridiculous question 'Are you going somewhere nice?' came out.

'Nah, I always book holidays to absolute hovels.' i'm sure wasn't the answer!

I loved this. And it is so true.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #25843 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 13:26:09 »

I know there are people on here with pets so i don't mean to cause offence but i don't understand why people refer themselves as mum or dad to their cats or dogs.
Haha, my misses does this ALL the time.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #25844 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 13:29:31 »

We have friends who had a birthday party for their dog and even bought bloody cards for it!

Pages: 1 ... 1720 1721 1722 [1723] 1724 1725 1726 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: