Pages: 1 ... 1699 1700 1701 [1702] 1703 1704 1705 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047224 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #25515 on: Thursday, March 2, 2017, 13:13:44 »

that's the good thing about being in a metal band. No one can talk over you :-D
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25516 on: Thursday, March 2, 2017, 13:52:15 »

Very much this, especially at small venues. If you don't want to see the gig, fuck off.

Its even more annoying than mobile wankers. Yeah take a picture or two, then watch the fucking gig or piss off.

Fully agree.

Me and my dad went to see Elbow in Luxembourg some years ago and we were stood next to a group of French speaking people talking and laughing loudly near enough all the way through the gig.

I think its rude, people don't go to the cinema and talk all the way through the film do they?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #25517 on: Thursday, March 2, 2017, 15:20:14 »

A symptom of how the world is changing, you can more or less trace it back 30 years ago, to Thatcher's pronouncement...

This has been the leitmotif of the time, accelerated by changes in technology.

When pre-mobile phones people were more sociable on public transport

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #25518 on: Thursday, March 2, 2017, 16:10:16 »

Fully agree.

Me and my dad went to see Elbow in Luxembourg some years ago and we were stood next to a group of French speaking people talking and laughing loudly near enough all the way through the gig.

I think its rude, people don't go to the cinema and talk all the way through the film do they?
Some people do.

I went to see a couple of folk musicians in a smallish venue in a pub, got there early to have a couple of pints etc and the staff were fucking rude as fuck. Got a nice spot to sit, slightly odd seat layout anyway, then a group of people turned up a few minutes before and decided to stand in an smallish open space blocking loads of people's views. Spent most of the evening talking during the songs or whilst the musicians were introducing the next song etc and fucked off halfway through anyway.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25519 on: Thursday, March 2, 2017, 16:22:49 »

When pre-mobile phones people were more sociable on public transport

Clearly the US....no English gentleman would allow a lady to stand whilst he occupied a seat.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25520 on: Thursday, March 2, 2017, 16:29:20 »

Some people do.

I went to see a couple of folk musicians in a smallish venue in a pub, got there early to have a couple of pints etc and the staff were fucking rude as fuck. Got a nice spot to sit, slightly odd seat layout anyway, then a group of people turned up a few minutes before and decided to stand in an smallish open space blocking loads of people's views. Spent most of the evening talking during the songs or whilst the musicians were introducing the next song etc and fucked off halfway through anyway.

Was it free?  Some people think if they go in a pub for a couple of beers and a chat and there happens to be music on then it's optional.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #25521 on: Thursday, March 2, 2017, 16:39:02 »

Was it free?  Some people think if they go in a pub for a couple of beers and a chat and there happens to be music on then it's optional.
no, it was a ticketed event - if it was just some free thing I'd be cool
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25522 on: Thursday, March 2, 2017, 17:04:16 »

no, it was a ticketed event - if it was just some free thing I'd be cool

You're quite right to be pissed off then. Did you have words?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #25523 on: Thursday, March 2, 2017, 17:17:43 »

that's the good thing about being in a metal band. No one can talk over you :-D

Cheesy  Yeah, talking over our cover if Viva Las Vegas is pretty difficult!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #25524 on: Thursday, March 2, 2017, 18:09:31 »

You're quite right to be pissed off then. Did you have words?
I'm British and I live in London.

I gave them a dirty look and tutted
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25525 on: Thursday, March 2, 2017, 19:42:17 »

I'm British and I live in London.

I gave them a dirty look and tutted

Understandable....I guess when you're an ethnic minority, caution is the best way forward.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #25526 on: Friday, March 3, 2017, 09:58:47 »

[/sweeping slightly racist statement]

aaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, I had an interview at work yesterday, first interview for 13 years  Eek Head Hurts and just kinda clammed up at a couple of points. Interviewer helped me a little bit, prompted me towards an answer or two, but kinda pissed off about it. Not a lot I can do now, I found out the other folk who are being interviewed and all bar 1 are cunts, but he's got experience of working in that particular environment, so don't think I'll get the job. Fingers crossed, I guess!

Flashheart

« Reply #25527 on: Friday, March 3, 2017, 10:04:41 »

[/sweeping slightly racist statement]

aaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, I had an interview at work yesterday, first interview for 13 years  Eek Head Hurts and just kinda clammed up at a couple of points. Interviewer helped me a little bit, prompted me towards an answer or two, but kinda pissed off about it. Not a lot I can do now, I found out the other folk who are being interviewed and all bar 1 are cunts, but he's got experience of working in that particular environment, so don't think I'll get the job. Fingers crossed, I guess!

This is why interview experience is important. You'll be better prepared for the next interview thanks to the one you had yesterday.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25528 on: Friday, March 3, 2017, 10:48:52 »

This is why interview experience is important. You'll be better prepared for the next interview thanks to the one you had yesterday.
Exactly the right way to look at it. Either you get the job, in which case no worries, or else the first few interviews you do after not having done one for a while you just look on as practice to polish up your interview technique. Which is a bit of a pisser if the first interview you do is the job you really want, I appreciate, but it's all a (re)learning curve
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #25529 on: Friday, March 3, 2017, 12:28:59 »

If I stay within RM there's little call for interviews, jobs are listed and out of those that apply, the guy with the longest service record gets it. This particular job is a bit more specific and requires training and faith from the management that you'll not fuck up and cost the depot its HGV Operator Licence...

Pages: 1 ... 1699 1700 1701 [1702] 1703 1704 1705 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: