Pages: 1 ... 1690 1691 1692 [1693] 1694 1695 1696 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5046740 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #25380 on: Thursday, February 9, 2017, 10:32:11 »

It was a rite of passage going from junior school years spent entirely in shorts and senior school where long trousers were the order of the day.

Do kids scrape their knees these days?

I remember thundering down Pound Pill in Corsham on my old boneshaker bicycle - no fucking helmets or kneepads needed. You came off, you got out the TCP and Elastoplast.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #25381 on: Thursday, February 9, 2017, 10:33:24 »

Ha. Scuffed knees with grit embedded in em. Those were the days.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25382 on: Thursday, February 9, 2017, 10:37:15 »

Off-duty postmen?  Smiley
Yup, got a mate who never wears anything but shorts (although he does wear proper shoes) for precisely this reason - he's a postie and so is inured to any form of cold weather, so long as he keeps his core warm, doesn't bother about legs arms etc. Nutter.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25383 on: Thursday, February 9, 2017, 10:37:37 »

You can still do that now, if you're feeling nostalgic Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #25384 on: Thursday, February 9, 2017, 10:39:39 »

I always wear cargo shorts no matter what weather, I never feel the cold, I only put on grown up trousers for posh do's.

I never wear sandals or flip flops tho just trainers.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #25385 on: Thursday, February 9, 2017, 10:40:36 »

You can still do that now, if you're feeling nostalgic Smiley

I ended up in PMH after getting knocked out falling off my bike (pre helmet days), a bit of grit ain't a problem  Wink
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25386 on: Thursday, February 9, 2017, 10:50:17 »

Does anyone use Umbrella's - with even a hint of wind I just cannot get on with the fucking things!

I hate umbrellas! I would rather get soaked than use one! The only thing is that when its lashing down, people who are holding brollies tend to walk 3 times as slowly and take up twice as much space on the pavement and so its impossible to get past them!

Or people who walk around with their umbrellas up when it's slightly raining

It wasn't even slightly raining this morning and I saw two people with umbrellas up!

Ridiculous behaviour!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #25387 on: Thursday, February 9, 2017, 12:32:49 »

Does anyone use Umbrella's - with even a hint of wind I just cannot get on with the fucking things!
Anytime that it rains in London you have to play a game of dodge the umbrella cos people here don't know what a raincoat is
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #25388 on: Thursday, February 9, 2017, 12:37:30 »

I ended up in PMH after getting knocked out falling off my bike (pre helmet days), a bit of grit ain't a problem  Wink

When I was about 13 I was playing in the park by the County Ground (No idea if it's still there, it was near the cricket ground) and ran through a rope tunnel and whacked my head on the beam at the end. I put my hand on my head as it bloody hurt only to find my hand covered in blood.

I went into the County Ground Hotel so I could phone an ambulance and was handed a beer towel to mop up the blood with while I waited.

Ended up with 12 stitches on the top of my head.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 9, 2017, 12:39:05 by Ginginho » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #25389 on: Thursday, February 9, 2017, 12:56:55 »

When I was about 13 I was playing in the park by the County Ground (No idea if it's still there, it was near the cricket ground) and ran through a rope tunnel and whacked my head on the beam at the end. I put my hand on my head as it bloody hurt only to find my hand covered in blood.

I went into the County Ground Hotel so I could phone an ambulance and was handed a beer towel to mop up the blood with while I waited.

Ended up with 12 stitches on the top of my head.
When I was 16 we had football training in the County Ground extension, the ball went past me into the trees round the edge, I saw it and jumped into the hedge landing full flat footed on a broken bottle which ripped through my leather trainer and 2 inches into the arch of my foot severing the tendon.

Even though the ambulance station was 2 mins drive away (my mate ran there to tell them as we didnt have mobiles etc) it took them 20 mins to get to me and give me a ride in an ambulance (still my only trip in one) to the PMH to get 4 stitches put in the arch of my foot, apparently I lost about a pint of blood in the process.

Still, I got a week off from my apprenticeship at BREL so it was all good Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25390 on: Thursday, February 9, 2017, 14:07:06 »

It turns out wheel tag is a stupid game. Wheel tag on a freshly re-laid road, the nobbly gritty type, is just asking for trouble. Or gravel.

Advice I think we should all heed.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #25391 on: Thursday, February 9, 2017, 14:31:54 »

Anytime that it rains in London you have to play a game of dodge the umbrella cos people here don't know what a raincoat is

Its great, at my height the pointy bits that go round the base of the opened umbrella are at perfect eye level, its regularly a good job that I wear glasses as people just seem completely incapable of realising that the thing is a bit wider than they are!  
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #25392 on: Thursday, February 9, 2017, 14:38:15 »

So, what's the stupidest thing you've done?

When I was in Ireland we lived in a very rural place - no bin collections. We bought one of those incinerator dustbins with a lid which has a small chimney on it.

Filled the bin, poured a bit of petrol on the rubbish and dropped a lit match down the chimney.

Fucking lid nearly took my head off!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #25393 on: Thursday, February 9, 2017, 17:15:11 »

When I was a kid we used to play cricket in the summer, using chalked 'wickets' on a wall. The wicket keeper would just stand to the side of said 'wickets'. I ended up with 3 stitches and a tasteful scar above my right eye when a righ-handed batsman was replaced with a lefty....

It's All Good..............
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #25394 on: Thursday, February 9, 2017, 21:16:29 »

Urine burn after a very hot curry.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 1690 1691 1692 [1693] 1694 1695 1696 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: