Pages: 1 ... 1665 1666 1667 [1668] 1669 1670 1671 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5065725 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #25005 on: Thursday, December 8, 2016, 18:20:23 »

I don't know how people cope with kids. I've just spent over an hour with 3 9 year olds, a 4 year old and a 6 year old.

I started off enthusiastic but I got to the stage where I was genuinely tempted to shout WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT YOU IDIOT, CABBAGE DOES NOT RHYME WITH PLATE.

I'd be the worst parent ever.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #25006 on: Thursday, December 8, 2016, 18:28:02 »

I'd be the worst parent ever.
You have all that ahead of you! Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #25007 on: Thursday, December 8, 2016, 18:43:59 »

I don't know how people cope with kids.

We don't. It's all a facade, mostly masked by massive alcohol consumption.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #25008 on: Thursday, December 8, 2016, 18:57:20 »

You have all that ahead of you! Cheesy

I've poked my implant several times just to make sure it's still there  Zipped but yes, one day. I definitely will not be having 5 of them though!

We don't. It's all a facade, mostly masked by massive alcohol consumption.

Parents of said children did assure me this was the case. But I thought that was just life in general.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25009 on: Thursday, December 8, 2016, 20:27:13 »

The truth is when you reach breaking point you realise, fuck, I have to look after them. HAVE TO.

Its how you get through horrific shitty smelly nappies too.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #25010 on: Thursday, December 8, 2016, 20:37:42 »

Don't drown puppies. Get rid of the kids instead.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Flashheart

« Reply #25011 on: Thursday, December 8, 2016, 20:39:02 »

I still can't deal with the 'bad' shitty nappies at all well, or vomit.

I generally have to have my own sick-bucket with me, which often gets used. But that's only really useful if one has fore-warning. On more than one occasion the wife has come home and had to clear up a mess that was more than the original mess because I have contributed to it myself.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #25012 on: Thursday, December 8, 2016, 20:53:13 »

The truth is when you reach breaking point you realise, fuck, I have to look after them. HAVE TO.

Its how you get through horrific shitty smelly nappies too.
Indeed - one of the most surreal experiences of my life was the day we bought her home, you shut the door behind you and suddenly think fuck they are trusting me to look after this human being and there are no instructions.

Plus it's very different when they are yours it changes the tolerance levels, our little lass can often be a pain in the arse, but she is our pain in the arse which makes a big difference!
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #25013 on: Thursday, December 8, 2016, 21:08:28 »

God yeah, the first three months of having our little lad home were a fucking nightmare and to be honest, there were times where I really didn't like him. But he's so much better now, a handful, yes, but he's now 7 months old, a lot more fun and we can dress him up like a right cunt and there's nothing he can do about it yet Smiley

Shitty nappies aren't a problem, you get used to them.

* Jacob_Elf_0712 8.jpg (407.16 KB, 830x1071 - viewed 97 times.)
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 8, 2016, 21:10:02 by Ginginho » Logged
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #25014 on: Thursday, December 8, 2016, 21:11:08 »

When Mrs Donkey and I have spent any length of time with friends children, the first thing we do when they leave is switch everything off in the house, for complete silence and we fall asleep. It amazes me that any parents are functioning members of society. You have my respect.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #25015 on: Thursday, December 8, 2016, 21:53:54 »

Okay, I'm totally not a baby person but lil' Ginginho is cute as fuck. Congrats Philip ☺️

I get the "he's our pain in the arse thing" because I have a dog no one would like except me.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #25016 on: Thursday, December 8, 2016, 22:58:27 »

Hopefully as and when the wheel of life turns full circle and, heaven forbid, the parents are senile and incontinent, it's then the now adult kids turn to reciprocate the level of care they received when shitty bums need cleaning etc.

Sadly, it's more a case of the needy parent being packed off to a care home quicker than anyone can say power of attorney.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #25017 on: Friday, December 9, 2016, 01:39:06 »

Hopefully as and when the wheel of life turns full circle and, heaven forbid, the parents are senile and incontinent, it's then the now adult kids turn to reciprocate the level of care they received when shitty bums need cleaning etc.

Sadly, it's more a case of the needy parent being packed off to a care home quicker than anyone can say power of attorney.

I've been a carer all my life. Never minded wiping arses etc. It does seem weird how I'm much happier to do it for an adult than a child though.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #25018 on: Friday, December 9, 2016, 08:38:59 »

I've been a carer all my life. Never minded wiping arses etc. It does seem weird how I'm much happier to do it for an adult than a child though.

Not sure I could do it, tend to start gagging even at the site of a pile of vomit in the street.

Great admiration though, particularly for the young who have to balance school with being the primary carer for a parent.

Crap!
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #25019 on: Friday, December 9, 2016, 09:10:37 »

Our first nipper was fine, got to 2 and a bit years old and I thought 'this isnt bad, lets have another!'

WORST IDEA EVER.

Second little'un was lactose intolerant and had reflux, meaning the valve between throat and stomach wouldn't work, so any gag, even the slightest little cough, meant he emptied his stomach. This happened until he was 18 months. He's also a cheeky little shit, but he's a cute little bugger so it's sort of impossible to stay mad at him. Both my other half and I have said that if he'd come first, he'd have been an only child!

Pages: 1 ... 1665 1666 1667 [1668] 1669 1670 1671 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: