Pages: 1 ... 1399 1400 1401 [1402] 1403 1404 1405 ... 2661   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5240868 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #21015 on: Friday, October 16, 2015, 17:03:27 »

Opened my Steam client and found that for whatever reason, it decided to change the language to Russian. I don't speak Russian. I found instructions on how to change it: "go to settings" etc, but how the fuck am I to know where 'settings' is considering I don't speak Russian. My no speaking Russian and not being able to read the fucking menus was the entire fucking point of my looking for instructions on how to change the language in the first place. Some fuckwit didn't think that through at all well.

I found it myself in the end partly through luck, and partly through experience of navigating such menus.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #21016 on: Friday, October 16, 2015, 17:36:30 »

Had a similar experience this week on receipt of my new tablet which was running both Windows 8.1 and Android in Chinese. I managed to switch both to English following guides online. Then I decided to upgrade to Windows 10, queued up the download and the tablet then restarted to begin the install, only to discover all of the options were back to Chinese again. Luckily Google Translate on my phone does a great job of picture-to-text translation.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #21017 on: Friday, October 16, 2015, 19:30:33 »

Some chap at my works is still sporting an old school nokia. The worst bit is he wears in on his belt in a case that was probalby purchased the same time as the phone.
That's amazing.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #21018 on: Friday, October 16, 2015, 20:06:03 »

That's amazing.
My work phone is one of them there "old Nokia" phones.
Does me,i can make calls and text with it.
Its got bluetooth . . whatever that is.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #21019 on: Friday, October 16, 2015, 22:09:50 »

Opened my Steam client and found that for whatever reason, it decided to change the language to Russian. I don't speak Russian. I found instructions on how to change it: "go to settings" etc, but how the fuck am I to know where 'settings' is considering I don't speak Russian. My no speaking Russian and not being able to read the fucking menus was the entire fucking point of my looking for instructions on how to change the language in the first place. Some fuckwit didn't think that through at all well.

I found it myself in the end partly through luck, and partly through experience of navigating such menus.

When I was about 6 or something I accidentally changed the language on my mum's phone to Armenian. Pre the days when you could just google "what's settings in Armenian?" I think they went into the old Oxford pub and found some bloke who knew a bit of Turkish and guessed enough. He worked in a Greek restaurant. I was popular after that.

I bought both my folks some old Nokia phones recently mind and though they'd never really do for me they're brilliant little things if all you need to do is call and text. Let's face it, that is all most people NEED to do, not to mention the fact the battery lasts about 6 months and they'd survive an atomic bomb.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21020 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 02:00:05 »

When I was about 6 or something I accidentally changed the language on my mum's phone to Armenian. Pre the days when you could just google "what's settings in Armenian?" I think they went into the old Oxford pub and found some bloke who knew a bit of Turkish and guessed enough. He worked in a Greek restaurant. I was popular after that.

I bought both my folks some old Nokia phones recently mind and though they'd never really do for me they're brilliant little things if all you need to do is call and text. Let's face it, that is all most people NEED to do, not to mention the fact the battery lasts about 6 months and they'd survive an atomic bomb.

Interesting that a Turk knew some Armenian , as the Ottomans cleansed about 1.5 mill Christians around the time of WW1. The Turks still won't put their hands up for this....I guess they see it as a bit like we won't pay reparations for slavery.

But you're right...old Nokias are the way forward.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21021 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 07:12:11 »

I think I got my first phone in 1995.

in just 20 years we've gone from almost no mobile phones to mini computers that can make phonecalls.

remarkable, but I'm still not convinced things are in general better!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #21022 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 07:35:55 »

My first phone was a Phillips Diga. What a phone that was!
Flashheart

« Reply #21023 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 07:49:15 »

I'd be quite content with an old Nokia if it's what I had, they do just what I want a phone to do. I think I'm reasonably tech-savvy but I've just never taken much of an interest in smart phones for some reason.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #21024 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 08:23:50 »

I've just eaten a massive slice of carrot cake and feel sick
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #21025 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 08:50:21 »

Isn't that the one where you'd send a message, switch it off and back on again, and not get charged for it?

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #21026 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 09:34:25 »

Mine was a Nokia 1610 that my old man gave to me. I was the envy of my friends at the time.

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #21027 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 10:16:10 »

This was my first phone

I remember a mate of mine had a mobile where he could compose his own ringtone and I was jealous as fuck  Cheesy
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #21028 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 10:21:01 »

I've just eaten a massive slice of carrot cake and feel sick
"What's up Doc?"
Barry Scott

« Reply #21029 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 11:10:13 »

I still consider my first phone a classic. Sony CMD Z1 with it's flip down mic.

Pages: 1 ... 1399 1400 1401 [1402] 1403 1404 1405 ... 2661   Go Up
Print
Jump to: