Pages: 1 ... 1299 1300 1301 [1302] 1303 1304 1305 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5048078 times)
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #19515 on: Saturday, May 23, 2015, 14:09:06 »

I don't play the drums meself. They're apparently really loud ones.

Thanks for the TEF answers lads. Everyone else we spoke to was complimentary, even the ones who are picky and would tell us if there was something wrong.

I'll just put it down to him being an alcoholic cunt with no people skills.

Stick up a vid if you have one. TEF will be a great audience.
Flashheart

« Reply #19516 on: Saturday, May 23, 2015, 14:28:54 »

Speaking of drums, the misses went shopping today and came back with a fucking drum kit for our little boy.

Not the full fucking monty, just a fucking kiddies little fucking thing, but it's still a fucking fucking drum kit. With fucking drums and fucking drum sticks and a fucking foot pedal thing for extra fucking loud and annoying fucking bangs, plus a fucking cymbal.

For fuck's sake.
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #19517 on: Saturday, May 23, 2015, 15:04:57 »

Speaking of drums, the misses went shopping today and came back with a fucking drum kit for our little boy.

Not the full fucking monty, just a fucking kiddies little fucking thing, but it's still a fucking fucking drum kit. With fucking drums and fucking drum sticks and a fucking foot pedal thing for extra fucking loud and annoying fucking bangs, plus a fucking cymbal.

For fuck's sake.

Sounds great

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #19518 on: Saturday, May 23, 2015, 16:00:50 »

For fuck's sake.

This was chez nous yesterday. It must be a global conspiracy.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #19519 on: Saturday, May 23, 2015, 17:25:22 »

My husbands watching the Bath rugby game on the TV - someone in the ground is playing spandeau Ballet on the trumpet?!
Rugbys weird  What the fuck?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #19520 on: Saturday, May 23, 2015, 19:32:09 »

My husbands watching the Bath rugby game on the TV - someone in the ground is playing spandeau Ballet on the trumpet?!
Rugbys weird  What the fuck?

Not totally sure of the reason for it, but their previous coach was Gary Gold- which would make a lot of sense. He left a few years back though, I guess they just kept the tune.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #19521 on: Saturday, May 23, 2015, 19:47:29 »

Rugby's fucking brilliant, especially the way Bath have played it in the last 2 seasons. Spandau Ballet or not.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #19522 on: Saturday, May 23, 2015, 20:38:29 »

I am a 44 year old, hater of manafactured pop music, self confessed, indie snob.  Tonight I am in Manchester.  At the Albert Hall the reformed Ride are playing one of there first gigs of mesmeric indie shoegazing for many many years.  At the Academy there is an indie all dayer headlined by Echo and the Bunnymen and Inspiral Carpets but also featuring the likes of Eat, The Woodentops and The Primitives.

I am stuck in the middle working on a James bloody Arthur show.

Never knowingly overstated.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #19523 on: Saturday, May 23, 2015, 20:40:54 »

I am a 44 year old, hater of manafactured pop music, self confessed, indie snob.  Tonight I am in Manchester.  At the Albert Hall the reformed Ride are playing one of there first gigs of mesmeric indie shoegazing for many many years.  At the Academy there is an indie all dayer headlined by Echo and the Bunnymen and Inspiral Carpets but also featuring the likes of Eat, The Woodentops and The Primitives.

I am stuck in the middle working on a James bloody Arthur show.

Poor bloke, you're missing Eurovision for that.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #19524 on: Saturday, May 23, 2015, 21:05:17 »

For fuck's sake.

Imagine the noise I can make with a piccolo snare drum, a double bass pedal and 7 cymbals.... (plus other drums)... lovely.

Band
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 23, 2015, 23:53:53 by DarloSTFC84 » Logged

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #19525 on: Saturday, May 23, 2015, 22:30:16 »

My daughters just started being sick.

Great timing.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #19526 on: Saturday, May 23, 2015, 23:07:16 »

My daughters just started being sick.

Great timing.

I'm on nights dealing with sick people. There's never a good time....

Well, when I'm on days off it's easier..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #19527 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 19:11:09 »

Dover.  There are plenty of other faded seaside resorts on that stretch.  But it depresses me that the first impressions that so many Dutch, German and Polish visitors have of the UK as they leave their ferries is Dover.  That grimy, grubby, dilapidated-looking 1970s dual carriageway that carves its way along the seafront before climbing up out of the town - surrounded by Stalinist, often abandoned office blocks.  It's miserable.  The White Cliffs are a dramatic, natural backdrop.  What sits in front of it is an embarrassment.  'Welcome to Britain: it's a bit shit.'

What makes it worse is that when you get to the other side of the Channel the Port of Calais, by comparison, is so clean and well designed.  Not beautiful, granted - but it's a port.  You pass cleanly from the port on to a well maintained, well signed dual carriageway and then on to the A16.  No pot holes.  No litter.  No boarded up buildings.  People do lay in to Calais, but they probably need to look a little closer to home before doing so.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #19528 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 20:59:30 »

Dover.  There are plenty of other faded seaside resorts on that stretch.  But it depresses me that the first impressions that so many Dutch, German and Polish visitors have of the UK as they leave their ferries is Dover.  That grimy, grubby, dilapidated-looking 1970s dual carriageway that carves its way along the seafront before climbing up out of the town - surrounded by Stalinist, often abandoned office blocks.  It's miserable.  The White Cliffs are a dramatic, natural backdrop.  What sits in front of it is an embarrassment.  'Welcome to Britain: it's a bit shit.'

What makes it worse is that when you get to the other side of the Channel the Port of Calais, by comparison, is so clean and well designed.  Not beautiful, granted - but it's a port.  You pass cleanly from the port on to a well maintained, well signed dual carriageway and then on to the A16.  No pot holes.  No litter.  No boarded up buildings.  People do lay in to Calais, but they probably need to look a little closer to home before doing so.

Though coming into Brussels via Eurostar is one of the most depressing journeys into a major European city...the graffiti and vandalism leaves anything I've seen in the UK behind.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #19529 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 14:22:40 »

Reminds me of some graffiti I saw in the toilets at Dover Harbour years ago. Someone had written "Last shit in England", and underneath someone else had added: "No, there's plenty more where you came from."

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 1299 1300 1301 [1302] 1303 1304 1305 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: