Pages: 1 ... 1196 1197 1198 [1199] 1200 1201 1202 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5069114 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #17970 on: Friday, October 31, 2014, 22:00:25 »

I'm sure they are trustworthy and I'm sure there are not so trustworthy ones, but one of the last people I want to share my driving with is an insurance company. How do I know that they won't up my premiums for doing 85 on a motorway, or going for an stupid thrash along a country lane, despite the fact I religiously stick to 30 in 30 and likewise in 40 zones?

I suppose there's no way I could ever see it as an altruistic act performed for my benefit.

After all, they've all upped my premiums massively for putting better brakes on my car, brakes I should never have disclosed.

And for the record I'll invariably pay the very least I can for car insurance (the only insurance I have), I begrudge every penny I give them.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #17971 on: Friday, October 31, 2014, 22:03:47 »

The reason I have one, is solely because of the blame culture today has. If you have video evidence there is no way an insurance company can refuse to pay out. Most insurance companies do try and refuse to pay out where possible.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #17972 on: Friday, October 31, 2014, 22:55:02 »

The reason I have one, is solely because of the blame culture today has. If you have video evidence there is no way an insurance company can refuse to pay out. Most insurance companies do try and refuse to pay out where possible.

What cam did you get ? Do you leave it in or have to remove it like sat nav ?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17973 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 00:42:35 »

There's a cyclist I see who has a helmet cam.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #17974 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 07:44:07 »

What cam did you get ? Do you leave it in or have to remove it like sat nav ?

I have a blackvue, which is quite expensive, but you can get cheaper ones I've the mobius.

I leave it in, but it is easily removable. I have wired it in to the fuse box as most use a cigarette lighter.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Flashheart

« Reply #17975 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 12:10:53 »

Coming to the realisation that I just cannot booze it up as I used to. I used to be able to go all weekend with ease but now I am broken after just one night.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17976 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 12:27:39 »

Coming to the realisation that I just cannot booze it up as I used to. I used to be able to go all weekend with ease but now I am broken after just one night.
Happens to us all. Especially after exciting ones 30s Smiley
kerry red

« Reply #17977 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 12:50:25 »

It really is a strange one.

You would have thought as you got older alcohol tolerance would increase.

Quite often now I get a small headachey hangover after even a small amount.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #17978 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 12:57:12 »

The trick I've found is just to be continuously drunk. Then you never get a hangover.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #17979 on: Sunday, November 2, 2014, 22:41:27 »

More the don't understand: NFL kickers

They get paid x million dollars a year, and there only job is to occasionally kick the ball through the posts. Which is fine. But for that money they should NEVER be missing the target. They have nothing else to do all week but practice their kicking.

If it comes up short, I can kind of understand that (depending on the distance), and if the defence charge it down then that's fair enough too. But every week you'll see clean kicks which fail to go travel in between the posts. And for the self-styled best players in the world, it's not good enough.

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17980 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 00:21:56 »

Broken foot. This may move from trivial/mildly annoying to the actually not that trivial/quite pissed off category depending on what happens at the fracture clinic later this week. And at the moment, the smart money isn't on the happy outcome.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #17981 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 09:31:16 »

Why umbrellas are so big. A pipette of water falls from the sky and out comes these gargantuan things that take up half the pavement. I prefer the hood method of keeping dry anyway, as I don't get in anyone's way (although I seem to be in the minority in this thinking).

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17982 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 10:42:07 »

Why umbrellas are so big. A pipette of water falls from the sky and out comes these gargantuan things that take up half the pavement. I prefer the hood method of keeping dry anyway, as I don't get in anyone's way (although I seem to be in the minority in this thinking).

I sometimes cast envious glances at the brollies, that fishermen use that look like you could live in them, come armeggedion

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17983 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 10:44:10 »

Broken foot. This may move from trivial/mildly annoying to the actually not that trivial/quite pissed off category depending on what happens at the fracture clinic later this week. And at the moment, the smart money isn't on the happy outcome.
How did it go?

How did you do it? I'll be disappointed if it's not Frank Spenceresque.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17984 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 11:17:57 »

I don't think BO likes living in London 
Pages: 1 ... 1196 1197 1198 [1199] 1200 1201 1202 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: