Pages: 1 ... 1167 1168 1169 [1170] 1171 1172 1173 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5048697 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #17535 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 14:16:13 »

Its a standing order that you have total control over DD's they can take what they like

Many people are unaware in the difference between the two types of payment which means you could be paying more or less than you need to – without even knowing.

A standing order is an instruction to your bank to make regular payments of a fixed amount, either to someone else or to another account in your name, such as a savings account.

While a direct debit is an authority that you give so that a retailer can claim money from your bank account to meet your bills or repay your loans. For instance, you can often arrange for mobile, gas and electricity bills to be paid in this way. The crucial difference is that with a direct debit, the retailer can make amendments without the need to obtain the customer's signature on each occasion.

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/bank-accounts/8267325/Direct-debits-versus-standing-orders-Do-you-know-the-difference.html

Thanks for the lesson, and the links.

You can pay whatever the hell you want on DD for utilities (other than water if you're on rates). You're paying in advance (presuming you're not in large debt to the company). Just phone them and change it.
DMR

« Reply #17536 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 17:34:56 »

Surprised one of the red tops didn't have the headline : William Shags Kate for Second time   Cheesy

If she was my bird I'd never stop shagging her, she's unreal
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #17537 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 06:35:52 »

Grown men on Facebook putting club initials as their middle name. Are you 12?!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #17538 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 06:58:10 »

Haven't read back to see if this is on here...but...

The BBC website putting jock football fixtures/results before english league 1 and 2...

Clems Army!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #17539 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 07:17:38 »

Grown men on Facebook putting club initials as their middle name. Are you 12?!

Not just FB, plenty on twitter too

Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #17540 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 08:20:46 »

The BBC website putting jock football fixtures/results before english league 1 and 2...

Totally agree
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17541 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 09:40:38 »

One of many +'s, on the imminent Sweatie breakaway, is that we can ditch reduce Scottish football on the BBC, to a niche, alongside the likes of the Tippeligaen.  Further, we can dispense with shifting the clocks back an hour, and thus have a different time zone on either side of the border.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #17542 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 09:44:40 »

One of many +'s, on the imminent Sweatie breakaway

I fear you might have built up your hopes too high Reg
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #17543 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 09:53:34 »

We should fuck off GMT and stay on BST permanently.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #17544 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 12:38:19 »

We should fuck off GMT and stay on BST permanently.

I think there's more of an argument for adopting the SDST system.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #17545 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 14:29:33 »

Vodafone- Had no internet when not connected to wi-fi since Wednesday, 6 phone calls later I find out it's going to be off till Sunday, after previously telling me on 3 different days it would be on in the next 24 hours.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #17546 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 07:20:53 »

In the last year at work it has become painfully apparent that the only thing you'll get sacked for at work is stealing the mail. Claiming overtime when you're not in the building and giving a cut of the money to the manager isn't a sackable offense. Leaving work over an hour early every day even when the manager threatens you with disciplinary procedure isn't a sackable offense. Lying and blaming a customer for an overweight bag, and then crashing a van and lying and blaming another postman, neither is a sackable offense. Fucked off doesn't cover it, these pricks are taking the piss out of the business and the hard working postmen are made to look like cunts.

REDBUCK

« Reply #17547 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 07:35:19 »

Isn't there a whistle blower number to call
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17548 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 07:41:06 »

In the last year at work it has become painfully apparent that the only thing you'll get sacked for at work is stealing the mail. Claiming overtime when you're not in the building and giving a cut of the money to the manager isn't a sackable offense. Leaving work over an hour early every day even when the manager threatens you with disciplinary procedure isn't a sackable offense. Lying and blaming a customer for an overweight bag, and then crashing a van and lying and blaming another postman, neither is a sackable offense. Fucked off doesn't cover it, these pricks are taking the piss out of the business and the hard working postmen are made to look like cunts.

Yet, saying 'for fuck sake' to a fellow manager in general conversation gets you sacked, well till you win your appeal.

In fact you get sacked from RM for all sorts but they always win their appeal and come back. Fuck knows what RM but they fuck it up somewhere along the process.

I caught 5 people ghost some serious hours. They were suspended for a week and then all came back - unbelievable...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #17549 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 08:53:14 »

I caught 5 people ghost some serious hours. They were suspended for a week and then all came back - unbelievable.

Fucking hell, your HR department must be shit. I bet half the people end up getting promotions and all
Pages: 1 ... 1167 1168 1169 [1170] 1171 1172 1173 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: