Pages: 1 ... 1163 1164 1165 [1166] 1167 1168 1169 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5081407 times)
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #17475 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2014, 19:44:39 »

Ah. Theoretically then. I sent the kids to play over in the park this afternoon so they wouldn't get bored while I had a haircut round the corner. A sight more dangerous than leaving them tucked up in a room, wouldn't you say? So is that child neglect, and should I be behind bars? And am I the only criminal parent on here?

You sound a bit sanctimonious to me. Like they need any more punishment.

If your kids were all under three then yes.

..never go back.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #17476 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2014, 19:51:05 »

If your kids were all under three then yes.

Well I don't agree. Either other parents are a lot more perfect than us, or a tad more hypocritical.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17477 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2014, 20:06:28 »

Its not about being perfect is it. If you are happy to leave 3 year olds in an apartment (or park) then that's up to you. But its not something I'd do.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #17478 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2014, 21:38:50 »

1, yodel courier apparently trying and failing to pick up a parcel from my place in spite of me being in, hearing no buzzes or calls to my mobile number i'd provided
2. parcel2go.com not allowing me to leave honest feedback. i've left 0.5 stars for all factors, as it's bullshit, and it won't let me leave it.

cunts

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #17479 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2014, 21:52:27 »

What I don't get about these parents is that they are ignoring the advice of doctors. These doctors/surgeons study for bloody years to know their shit inside out. Yet the parents think some alternative treatment, they possibly just discovered on the interweb, is a better option than the advice of experts.

Regardless of all of that the fact they were arrested is ridiculous

They didn't ignore the advice of doctors merely they realised the NHS wasn't going to offer them all of the available options and went against the NHS doctors. You're making it sound like a back alley doctor giving a kiddy homoeopathic treatments for a serious condition!

This report highlights why people sometimes question treatments on the NHS:
http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2012/11/06/radiotherapy-report-vast-improvements-needed-to-get-the-best-for-patients/

Oh and Ashya King probably got cancer because Gerry and Kate McCann left their kids unattended in a hotel room whilst they jollied with friends in a nearby restaurant and planned future plastic surgeries. Grow up you lot.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #17480 on: Thursday, September 4, 2014, 18:11:24 »

BBC Wales appearing on my TV.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #17481 on: Thursday, September 4, 2014, 19:41:05 »

Its not about being perfect is it. If you are happy to leave 3 year olds in an apartment (or park) then that's up to you. But its not something I'd do.

Batch, I quoted you just because you were the last person to post on the topic - this is not directed at you, just a general thought.

Parenting is all about judgements.  Would I leave a 3 year old in a park unattended?  No (and I have a 3 year old).  Am I confident that my wife and I always do the right thing by our kids? (we also have a 1 year old).  No, I'm not.  We do what we think is best by our children.  This might be more at home over on netmums than here, but what really, really annoys me is people passing casual judgements on other people's parenting.  The parenting websites, like netmums, are terrible for this.  It turns in to a battleground, e.g. Stay at Home Mums vs Working Mums.  I've read threads on this, and it turns nasty.

Most of do what we think is best.  Most of us have got away with moments we regret (for me it was the time our eldest, aged 1 at the time, lost my hand and made for the busy road we were walking close to, and was only stopped from walking in to the road by my less than graceful diving lunge).  I still don't know how I lost his hand, and still see in my mind's eye what could have happened.

That's a really, really long post to say - try not to judge.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #17482 on: Thursday, September 4, 2014, 20:49:03 »

I don't disagree with you anyway! Before I am definitely more protective than my mum ever was.

The park thing came up while I was in Coventry. Parent left their 4 and 5 year old (at a guess) in the pub garden while they went inside for a drink. Probably in no danger, but the poor little girl wet herself..

If it's any consolation losing a hand is so easily done. Scariest thing like that I saw was a young un running full pelt towards a cliff edge at lizard point. I was too far away to do anything but still froze in terror. The father put an arm out about 2 feet from the edge. Looked pretty calm about it too!

Oh and netmums is infamous for being full of mad bitches that go on about their 'DH'...
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #17483 on: Thursday, September 4, 2014, 22:12:40 »

1, yodel courier apparently trying and failing to pick up a parcel from my place in spite of me being in, hearing no buzzes or calls to my mobile number i'd provided
2. parcel2go.com not allowing me to leave honest feedback. i've left 0.5 stars for all factors, as it's bullshit, and it won't let me leave it.

cunts

*cough*Royal Mail*cough*

Wink

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #17484 on: Friday, September 5, 2014, 07:52:18 »

Sky Sports News are running a story today about a Coventry fan who is getting married tomorrow, when it was announced they were returning to the Ricoh he tweeted Sky Sports to ask them to show the game and move it to Friday so he could go to the game and still get married.

There's a simple solution here. DON'T GET MARRIED DURING THE FOOTBALL SEASON.

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #17485 on: Friday, September 5, 2014, 08:20:36 »

Yeah, what kind of loser gets married during the football season...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #17486 on: Friday, September 5, 2014, 08:30:15 »

cunts

Yodel are dreadful. We switched away from them a couple of years ago and now use DPD. Some of our suppliers have done the same. More expensive, but infinitely better value.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #17487 on: Friday, September 5, 2014, 10:15:35 »

Yodel are dreadful. We switched away from them a couple of years ago and now use DPD. Some of our suppliers have done the same. More expensive, but infinitely better value.

I, quite literally, opened the door on the back of a Yodel courier once after he'd stuck a 'you were out' slip of paper through the letterbox. He grudgingly gave me my parcel once I convinced him I was, actually, in.

I really don't understand why someone whose job it is to deliver packages cannot do that one thing, or seemingly don't mind whether they deliver the packages or not. They've driven around all day with all this shit in the back of their van and I for one would be glad to get rid of everything I could. Baffling.

At least when I had the laziest postman ever in East London, who wouldn't bring packages out on delivery and instead left them at the collection centre and put 'missed you!' notes through everyone's letter box he was honest about being a lazy feckless cunt.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17488 on: Friday, September 5, 2014, 11:39:38 »

I always thought Yodel were terrible until some of the companies I regularly order from started using DPD who set new standards in "just not doing the job" and "not giving a shit".

They routinely fail to bother to actually ring or knock before claiming to have attempted to deliver the parcel and often fail to leave a card, so I suspect on those occasions they just haven't even bothered trying. But the last parcel I had via DPD they really excelled themselves - it was "delivered" to a house that shares no single element of my address - different road, different postcode, different house number. How the fuck they managed to deliver it there, other than randomly slinging it over the fence (oh, yes, they slung the parcel over the fence, and didn't bother to card the door, or apparently ring the doorbell as the person was in) of any old house within a half mile radius I don't know. Fortunately, and by sheer chance, the people who live there are friends of ours so they dropped the parcel round. DPD set new standards of shocking in my experience.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #17489 on: Saturday, September 6, 2014, 09:08:33 »

Ive just been into a shop to buy the paper.  A lovely display for 'smart water - inspired by clouds'.  Seriously I cannot find a font big enough to really emphasize fuck off quite enough.

And to make things work I get home open the paper and instead of my saturday magazine with exciting recipes from Yotam Otteleghi's new book, I get fabulous magazine and reality tv's richest stars part 1.  It took me a while to realise that no the Guardian has not gone down market the idiots in the garage have put the suns supplements in the Guardian.

I realise that the later part of this whinge is very middle class.  I apologise.  Im off for some olives.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 1163 1164 1165 [1166] 1167 1168 1169 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: