Pages: 1 ... 1082 1083 1084 [1085] 1086 1087 1088 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047852 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16260 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 14:46:58 »

unhygienic at a guess. Would you put any other body parts on the dinner table for instance?

Would a bird's arse count....surely you must have?
fatbasher

« Reply #16261 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 14:52:32 »

Have I found an adhesives expert?

It's contact. Do you know if any of the spray carpet adhesives are any good?

Among other things I've sold Evode products. Contact, you apply a thin film to both substrates and wait till they are nearly touch dry. Press both substrates together and bingo. However, you have to line the substrates perfectly as once they touch you're fucked. 528 is a thixotropic adhesive! You don't necessarily need to apply to both substrates but you can press them together right after application and move them to line up if needs, then wait for the adhesive to go off. The only way to undo stuck substrates is with a warm iron interestingly enough. Try not to burn anything will you? Not advised on materials though, laminates yes.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16262 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 14:56:58 »

As long as it didn't put me off my Shepherd's pie.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #16263 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 14:59:49 »

New meaning to the term fish supper.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #16264 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 15:05:14 »

Were there any complaints from the other diners in the restaurant, Reg?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16265 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 15:17:06 »

Were there any complaints from the other diners in the restaurant, Reg?

I do know a lady who likes a public display of affection....
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #16266 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 17:40:02 »

I do know a lady who likes a public display of affection....

Not my mum again Reg ?
Talk Talk

« Reply #16267 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 18:40:37 »

Among other things I've sold Evode products. Contact, you apply a thin film to both substrates and wait till they are nearly touch dry. Press both substrates together and bingo. However, you have to line the substrates perfectly as once they touch you're fucked. 528 is a thixotropic adhesive! You don't necessarily need to apply to both substrates but you can press them together right after application and move them to line up if needs, then wait for the adhesive to go off. The only way to undo stuck substrates is with a warm iron interestingly enough. Try not to burn anything will you? Not advised on materials though, laminates yes.

You are obviously a man of adhesive experience and expertise. "Substrates". Lovely.
Barry Scott

« Reply #16268 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 00:43:41 »

Cunty cunty county computers and their cunty software.

* Windows 7 permissions and ownership.
* CrashPlan losing files due to "unknown problem" on restoration.
* Bvckup failing to backup file due to permissions - my fault to be fair
* Acronis or Windows fucking up some part of the OS so it couldn't boot or be restored/repaired (and the above "backups" leaving holes on the clean installs).
* Restored Acronis images not working, although taken from a previously working OS.
* eBay sellers who send a new machine with the fucking heatsink kicking around in the bottom of the case on a supposedly quality checked machine.
* Software becoming unnecessarily complicated.
* Acronis telling me the hardware ID has changed on each restart of the program.
* Office 2013. And the fact it's provided me with loads more unpaid work
kerry red

« Reply #16269 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 04:45:30 »

Me and Reg never have these problems with the abacus
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #16270 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 11:19:47 »

Cunty cunty county computers and their cunty software.

* Windows 7 permissions and ownership.
* CrashPlan losing files due to "unknown problem" on restoration.
* Bvckup failing to backup file due to permissions - my fault to be fair
* Acronis or Windows fucking up some part of the OS so it couldn't boot or be restored/repaired (and the above "backups" leaving holes on the clean installs).
* Restored Acronis images not working, although taken from a previously working OS.
* eBay sellers who send a new machine with the fucking heatsink kicking around in the bottom of the case on a supposedly quality checked machine.
* Software becoming unnecessarily complicated.
* Acronis telling me the hardware ID has changed on each restart of the program.
* Office 2013. And the fact it's provided me with loads more unpaid work

As someone who works in IT (network infra support), the only things more annoying than computers are users.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #16271 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 11:28:26 »

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #16272 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 12:46:29 »

As someone who works in IT (network infra support), the only things more annoying than computers are users.

Amen.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #16273 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 12:49:01 »

I reported a fault with my PC and when they guy came around to look at it, he said I was a classic PINIC. Problem in chair not in computer.
Barry Scott

« Reply #16274 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 15:02:07 »

I don't even work in IT, I just know slightly more than the person I'm helping.

Office 365 (2013) is going in the bin, everyone hates it and I can kind of see why. And with Windows 7, everyone hates it because they've only ever used NT and XP and its seems sharing and security has been a big headache, but that's my failings really. Fortunately going back to Office 2003 isn't much of a ball ache, but going back to XP is obviously a no go.
Pages: 1 ... 1082 1083 1084 [1085] 1086 1087 1088 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: