Pages: 1 ... 2340 2341 2342 [2343] 2344 2345 2346 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5048307 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #35130 on: Sunday, July 25, 2021, 20:45:26 »

People who seemingly assume others are instantly incoherent to understand the law properly, just because they might "only" be a football fan and not working as an active Barrister (or possibly even a Barista) - or something.

People don't have to be in the legal profession (or pretend to be) to understand legal processes. People can freely read/obtain the same literature that law students have access to (if they so desire). Whilst it doesn't make them part of the QC - others shouldn't try to insult their intelligence by assuming in the most smug of ways, that they don't have the ability to absorb specific data.

Proper gets on my tits that. Even LP who still wrote his texts off a Nokia 3310 "lyk dis Clem", understood at least some of the legal process. He just got his hustle rumbled by some who knew it better than he (his team). Thankfully.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #35131 on: Sunday, July 25, 2021, 20:47:38 »

People who seemingly assume others are instantly incoherent to understand the law properly, just because they might "only" be a football fan and not working as an active Barrister (or possibly even a Barista) - or something.

People don't have to be in the legal profession (or pretend to be) to understand legal processes. People can freely read/obtain the same literature that law students have access to (if they so desire). Whilst it doesn't make them part of the QC - others shouldn't try to insult their intelligence by assuming in the most smug of ways, that they don't have the ability to absorb specific data.

Proper gets on my tits that. Even LP who still wrote his texts off a Nokia 3310 "lyk dis Clem", understood at least some of the legal process. He just got his hustle rumbled by some who knew it better than he (his team). Thankfully.

Good post.

Nothing to see here
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35132 on: Monday, July 26, 2021, 00:31:45 »

The absolute bell ends who have started roundabout drifting near my house, I'm gonna film and report you. Twats.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #35133 on: Monday, July 26, 2021, 12:20:09 »

The absolute bell ends who have started roundabout drifting near my house, I'm gonna film and report you. Twats.

[EUROBEAT INTENSIFIES]

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35134 on: Monday, July 26, 2021, 13:09:56 »

Nope, that's way over my head.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #35135 on: Monday, July 26, 2021, 15:59:43 »

Nope, that's way over my head.

I think he's referencing that the stereotypical boy racer, going all "Tokyo Drift" outside your place usually has some form of Eurobeat being playing, cos ya know rood boi ya gotta match dem BPMs wid ya RPMs.

Today it's more likely [EDM INTENSIFIES]

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35136 on: Monday, July 26, 2021, 16:40:51 »

I repeat my previous post  Cheesy
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #35137 on: Monday, July 26, 2021, 20:42:19 »

Meme derived from Initial D (legendary drifting anime series), I can almost guarantee you've heard this song, or a part of it, if you've watched pretty much any car/drift fail video in the last decade...

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35138 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 00:23:46 »

I'm 51  Cheesy
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35139 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 20:35:19 »

The dog changing it's preferred shitting zone to the gravel side path. I just popped down there at dusk, in crocs  Sad
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #35140 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 11:16:29 »

they are shutting White hart roundabout for 3 months. Going to be even more carnage!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #35141 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 15:18:38 »

People who work in Customer Service roles who simply do not get their role - which may just as easily be the company at fault, so not directing at the individual as such.

Had our Siding replaced following damage from a direct hit of a Tornado, cost just over $9k, but covered by insurance.  The installation team managed to disconnect our AirCon twice through fusing some wires first and then nailing into the pipes.  The latter is tough to avoid as you can't see where they are, the first was an outside box of wires they ripped off the wall.  They also managed to disconnect the internet for a few days by cutting the external wires into the house.

Next, the bring a ladder that is too short and spend an extra day onsite.

Then they leave all the leftover materials and don't contact us for a month.

Called today to get payment, got our complaints (already provided when onsite) and shrugged them off as unfortunate, but we didn't know that it cost them hundreds of dollars to get an electrician out - like I give a fuck.  Don't want the costs, don't fuck up the work.   They already had to knock $77 off for ordering some materials that were not needed, so we just asked them to round it to $100 and we'll live our lives happily ever after.  Nada.  What do you want us to do about it? - just told you idiot.

At the end of the day it didn't cost us anything, so life goes on, but at least try and pretend you care.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35142 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 07:51:59 »

The new LED street lights going up outside my house, it's like being at a night match  Sad

I wish they could turn them down a bit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35143 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 09:27:51 »

I wish they could turn them down a bit.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8697651/Swindon-street-lights-brighter-SUN-say-residents.html

sorry to link the mail
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35144 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 10:02:12 »

Cheers Batch, there are 7 or 8 within 150 ft of my house, they had only done 4 by last night and are doing the rest today. Can't wait to see what that is like tonight  Roll Eyes
I suppose I could save electric and turn my lights off and open the curtains  Smiley
They are far too bright though. I will be contacting the council no doubt.
Pages: 1 ... 2340 2341 2342 [2343] 2344 2345 2346 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: