Pages: 1 ... 2299 2300 2301 [2302] 2303 2304 2305 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5084852 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34515 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 09:52:17 »

So whilst of course I understand that the BBC has to respect the death of Phil, I think they really flogged this to within an inch of its life this weekend. I didn't watch much TV so can't really given an opinion on that, however usually when we are pottering about inside we'll have the radio on. (Radio 2) I actually had to turn it off on Friday night due to the maudlin music and downbeat, sombre mood of the DJs. I particularly like the Friday night mix as they have shows dedicated to the 60s and 70s, then 80s and then 90s music so a bit of variety. That said, I could (kind of) understand why they had changed to a more sombre mix.

However this continued on bloody Saturday AND Sunday meaning the radio remained off all weekend. I know the Beeb had loads of complaints about going OTT. I think a lot of it was justified personally.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #34516 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 10:58:16 »

So whilst of course I understand that the BBC has to respect the death of Phil, I think they really flogged this to within an inch of its life this weekend. I didn't watch much TV so can't really given an opinion on that, however usually when we are pottering about inside we'll have the radio on. (Radio 2) I actually had to turn it off on Friday night due to the maudlin music and downbeat, sombre mood of the DJs. I particularly like the Friday night mix as they have shows dedicated to the 60s and 70s, then 80s and then 90s music so a bit of variety. That said, I could (kind of) understand why they had changed to a more sombre mix.

However this continued on bloody Saturday AND Sunday meaning the radio remained off all weekend. I know the Beeb had loads of complaints about going OTT. I think a lot of it was justified personally.

They are stuck between a rock and a hard place, too much coverage and people complain, too little (I must confess the outrage at Channel 4 for not cancelling their afternoon schedule on Friday was hilarious) and the defund the BBC nutters will have a ball.

I see similar is developing WRT Meghan, attends funeral 'Meghan tries to upstage Queen' M doesn't (which would be understandable in light of the size of the family and restricted numbers) 'Meghan shuns royals for attention'
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #34517 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 11:01:12 »

In today's instalment from Stupid Island.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/prince-philip-mps-tributes-brexit-deal-hours-b1830004.html
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #34518 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 12:34:05 »

Hmmm that parliament flag doesn't look like it's exactly at half mast to me. Pathetic levels of anti-patriotic disrespect from this government yet again..................

Flashheart

« Reply #34519 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 12:41:33 »

Hmmm that parliament flag doesn't look like it's exactly at half mast to me. Pathetic levels of anti-patriotic disrespect from this government yet again..................

They hate Britain. It's the only explanation
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #34520 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 14:32:33 »

...However this continued on bloody Saturday AND Sunday meaning the radio remained off all weekend. I know the Beeb had loads of complaints about going OTT. I think a lot of it was justified personally.

'You're listening to Eternal Death FM broadcasting live from Highgate Cemetery (friends have recorded there and it's bloody beautiful), with me Faye Talitty. The time is ten past bone, here are the obituraries. Eternal FM - all killer, no filler.'

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #34521 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 14:58:21 »

'You're listening to Eternal Death FM broadcasting live from Highgate Cemetery (friends have recorded there and it's bloody beautiful), with me Faye Talitty. The time is ten past bone, here are the obituraries. Eternal FM - all killer, no filler.'

Cheesy

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #34522 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 11:41:28 »

Stupid bint
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/property/couple-forced-wear-earplugs-bed-20350434

I come from a land down-under
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #34523 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 11:56:35 »

Busy road = traffic noise. Shocker

Nothing to see here
china red

« Reply #34524 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 12:02:50 »

Who moves next to a dual carriageway and doesn’t expect some noise!  Keep your mouth shut and try to move, don’t advertise that your house has an issue! 
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #34525 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 12:05:21 »

Who moves next to a dual carriageway and doesn’t expect some noise!  Keep your mouth shut and try to move, don’t advertise that your house has an issue! 

I think that most punters will identify the problem without too much prompting

Nothing to see here
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #34526 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 12:10:25 »

Classic arms folded looking sad look.

Absolutely no sympathy with her at all, anyone with eyes can see their garden is literally within centimetres of a dual carriageway. What a plum!

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #34527 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 12:13:07 »

Limited sympathy, but how did that house get built? Surely this kind of thing is why we have planning regulations?

(I realise this is basically the Horlock07 bat signal)
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #34528 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 12:24:46 »

Limited sympathy, but how did that house get built? Surely this kind of thing is why we have planning regulations?

I was reading through the article and that exact question popped into my head, how on earth did that house get built! I wonder how many balls get kicked over the fence onto the road?

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #34529 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 12:33:35 »

Flex's fingers......
Pages: 1 ... 2299 2300 2301 [2302] 2303 2304 2305 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: