Pages: 1 ... 2260 2261 2262 [2263] 2264 2265 2266 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5085027 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #33930 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 22:17:07 »

A 45% payrise. Obscene. Could have hired an optician.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55322985
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #33931 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 22:19:54 »

A 45% payrise. Obscene. Could have hired an optician.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55322985

Those blowjobs don't pay for themselves.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33932 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 13:23:47 »

Just taken Billy the greyhound to the vet. He has a small, but getting bigger, warty growth on his flank. Vet thinks it’s a tumour but is loathe to anaesthetise him due to his age - 10.

Mulling over whether to chance an op or just leave him be and let the cards fall where they may.
Flashheart

« Reply #33933 on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 12:39:27 »

People can be such horrid cunts. It's especially worse when it's family.

An uncle of mine died recently, leaving behind some money and the bickering it has caused has been ugly to say the least. My own sister has taken to telling people that I am rich (apparently I'm a movie producer, which comes as news to me) in an effort to claim I shouldn't receive anything. I'm also having to consider legal options because my own mother, who was appointed the executor, appears to be trying to avoid sending me anything.

It gets worse.

My mum is also doing what she can to get her hands on my Nan's money and house - and my Nan is still very much alive. She's so upset and isn't sure who she can trust. (Mostly my mum and sister). If I were able to I'd go back to give my Nan some support, and to bash some fucking heads together.

Obviously, I want my fair share (and nothing more), but I'd still have a wry smile if my Nan just gave the lot to a charity. That'd serve the selfish fuckers right.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33934 on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 12:43:02 »

oh man, that's not a position anyone wants to be in.

hope it somehow resolves itself, though given the details...
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #33935 on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 12:45:26 »

You have my sympathy FH, know exactly what it's like, how people can change once they get those money goggles on.
Enjoy your money, spend the fucking lot, save any arguments.  My ambition is to die in debt !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #33936 on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 12:54:01 »

The executor has a duty to comply with the deceased's wishes. They may delay it but they can't change your Uncle's wishes.
Flashheart

« Reply #33937 on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 13:06:26 »

The executor has a duty to comply with the deceased's wishes. They may delay it but they can't change your Uncle's wishes.

So I've read.

I'm probably jumping the gun a bit there and I reckon it will arrive some time this week - but a distrust of my Mum is a healthy one and I have been looking it up in case. There has (I think) been an attempt to send it but the details were wrong (alledgedly). The delay is probably more just down to my mum being fucking awkward because that's what she does. She'd be a bit dim to try and not pay it - she'd be breaking the law. I reckon I could also sue for damages (legal fees, travel costs, accommodation, time off work) if I had to return to the Uk to go to court. I'd rather not have to go through the kerfuffle, or the distress, but I would take some pleasure in taking my fair share plus to see her greed cause her to lose out overall.

It still wouldn't solve the rest of the problem. My Nan's in her 90s and surrounded by people who she doesn't know if she can trust or not. Family, at that. They're like fucking vultures. Sickening.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33938 on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 13:38:42 »

So I've read.

I'm probably jumping the gun a bit there and I reckon it will arrive some time this week - but a distrust of my Mum is a healthy one and I have been looking it up in case. There has (I think) been an attempt to send it but the details were wrong (alledgedly). The delay is probably more just down to my mum being fucking awkward because that's what she does. She'd be a bit dim to try and not pay it - she'd be breaking the law. I reckon I could also sue for damages (legal fees, travel costs, accommodation, time off work) if I had to return to the Uk to go to court. I'd rather not have to go through the kerfuffle, or the distress, but I would take some pleasure in taking my fair share plus to see her greed cause her to lose out overall.

It still wouldn't solve the rest of the problem. My Nan's in her 90s and surrounded by people who she doesn't know if she can trust or not. Family, at that. They're like fucking vultures. Sickening.

Assuming your uncle (RIP) left a will what can they bicker about, its all there in black and white. As for your nan could you not arrange for someone from the CAB or something to speak with her/take her through the process as an independent third party, I dunno a solicitor might even do it?

Family can be complete wankers though, when my nan died (must be 30+ years ago) she died without a will and had dementia for the last few years, so when we came to clear the house she had cash stuffed away all over the place. Long and short was my old man had to go through all the the rules of intestacy, took bloody years and it has to go through the courts and all manner of bollocks, he spent bloody ages trying to sort it out, and as she lived in a Council house I don't think that a) the monies were high or b) it was actually very complicated. When it came to the final breakdown which went equally between him and his sister (with a bit for us grand kids), the sister having done fuck all queried it, kicked off accused him of stealing off her and they haven't spoken for 30 years!

Families are the worst!
Flashheart

« Reply #33939 on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 13:53:25 »

It's not so much the legal issues my Nan has a problem with. It's more the fact that the vultures are circling while she's still alive and kicking - it's a tad upsetting for her that her own family behave in that way.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #33940 on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 14:05:46 »

Last will and testicles aside, think very fucking carefully about who you tell if you win the lottery. Just saying.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33941 on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 14:11:00 »

Your Nan needs to hand a power of attorney to look after her affairs. Not easy if she cannot trust anyone.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33942 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 10:55:40 »

My cousin and her husband.

My mum isn't the most rational/brightest at times and worries about stupid things she's read or been told.

Sunday my cousin sends her a message because "hubby has heard from multiple sources there will be a cyber attack on Tuesday and so they are stocking up on candles, bottled water and canned food".

Obviously I called them fucking idiots privately to my mum, and told her to ignore it, but its the kind of sit that worries her and they know it.

I bit my lip, but now I'm spoiling for a fight over cousins facebook post today claiming PCR tests produce 97% false positives which will no doubt escalate towards said cyberattack crap..
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #33943 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 12:45:32 »

A cyber attack wouldn’t be made public.... 🤔

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33944 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 12:48:13 »

Quote from: Sippo
A cyber attack wouldn’t be made public.... 🤔

don't try to apply logic to it sippo

Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 2260 2261 2262 [2263] 2264 2265 2266 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: