Pages: 1 ... 2259 2260 2261 [2262] 2263 2264 2265 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047435 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #33915 on: Monday, December 14, 2020, 12:44:15 »

Modern performance cars with their engineered pops, bangs and crackles.

There's a noisy Golf R, and a not so noisy, but incredibly irritating and farty, Seat Leon who live near me.

Everyday I have to listen to the cocks that own them accelerating to a high RPM and then constantly releasing the throttle so it can release it's fake engineered pops and bangs on the overrun. The Seat sounds like absolute toilet and the Golf is excessively crackly and loud. Every fucking day.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #33916 on: Monday, December 14, 2020, 23:21:30 »

Modern performance cars with their engineered pops, bangs and crackles.

There's a noisy Golf R, and a not so noisy, but incredibly irritating and farty, Seat Leon who live near me.

Everyday I have to listen to the cocks that own them accelerating to a high RPM and then constantly releasing the throttle so it can release it's fake engineered pops and bangs on the overrun. The Seat sounds like absolute toilet and the Golf is excessively crackly and loud. Every fucking day.

Got me sum 18inch rims n neon downlightas innit brahhh!!

#CruiseLife

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #33917 on: Monday, December 14, 2020, 23:44:08 »

Pop and bang engine maps for cars are the actual worst thing.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33918 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 10:56:41 »

Done my back in putting on me socks. How is that possible? Hurts like a right bitch.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33919 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 10:59:45 »

Not sure why people do it, a 1200 Corsa running like a bag of spanners does not make a sports car!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33920 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 11:11:05 »

Done my back in putting on me socks. How is that possible? Hurts like a right bitch.
if you want a bit of empathy I've done mine
  - changing radio station in car
  - getting a costa coffee cup out of self service machine
  - pulling back the duvet
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #33921 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 11:20:40 »

People parking across/loitering in our drive entrance.

Its a small annoyance but for some reason van drivers when they are lost and dog walkers have  a habit of stopping across our drive, its not a big issue but over the last week I've come home once to find a van half blocking the drive so had to wait in the road whilst he shifted then this morning on leaving to take the small person to school on foot a 7.5 tonner was parked across so tight to the wall/posts that we couldn't actually even get out past him on foot, then on moving nearly ran us over as he didn't even glance our way before moving off
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33922 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 13:21:05 »

the million and one "is this a scam" and "beware of this scam" posts on Facebook.

I know they are trying to be helpful, but .. come on...
Barry Scott

« Reply #33923 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 15:48:45 »

Yarp. Hideous creation. Especially in the wrong hands. Being in love with the Jag F Type though, it can sounds sexual, but then if that was in the hands of the idiots near me it'd also drive me insane.
Barry Scott

« Reply #33924 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 16:09:55 »

People parking across/loitering in our drive entrance.

Its a small annoyance but for some reason van drivers when they are lost and dog walkers have  a habit of stopping across our drive, its not a big issue but over the last week I've come home once to find a van half blocking the drive so had to wait in the road whilst he shifted then this morning on leaving to take the small person to school on foot a 7.5 tonner was parked across so tight to the wall/posts that we couldn't actually even get out past him on foot, then on moving nearly ran us over as he didn't even glance our way before moving off

My old man had a bloke who kept parking across his garage. My Dad left a polite note saying please don't park here, I need access to my garage. At some point later my Dad had the message posted back through the door saying, "fuck you, I'll park where I want it's a public road."

Next day I was over and the the bloke had parked there again. My Dad's ex-forces and he's not known for fucking about. He went and got rope from his garage and using his car dragged it about 100 metres up the road. A crowd literally watched him perform this legendary act (the car had partial steering lock on and wouldn't stay straight, so there was a degree of beeping at the blocking of the road). The bloke didn't park there again.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #33925 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 16:14:00 »

On a similar dickhead car owner theme, there's an Audi TT that likes to park on the pavement on my regular morning walk. It's getting to the extent where they park so far onto the pavement there's not even any room for a pedestrian to pass.

Any suggestions for childish retribution? I'm thinking something subtle but offensive, like a particularly bad smelling thing that'll stick around for a while.
Barry Scott

« Reply #33926 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 16:22:25 »

Tip a large packet of fresh shrimp between the bonnet and the windscreen? Feeds into the air system then doesn't it?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #33927 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 16:44:25 »

Banana in tail pipe or was that just Beverley Hills Cop?

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #33928 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 16:50:08 »

Banana in tail pipe or was that just Beverley Hills Cop?

Julian Alsop I think

I come from a land down-under
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #33929 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 16:50:38 »

On the theme of motorists generally being numbnuts, this is at the other end of our lane https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-cumbria-55234677 they used to do it every year, weren't going to this year but after the shitty year we have all had decided to cheer everyone up, raises loads of cash for the NSPCC every year so good luck to them (albeit the guy is our vet so assume the electric bill is why their fees are so expensive! Cheesy Wink)

People drive from quite the distance to come and see them, and just sit in the middle of the lane for fucking ages or let their kids wander around in the road. On my way home last night I came that way (my own fault TBH as I could come in the other end but didn't think) sat behind a stream of cars in the middle of the lane for a few minutes who slowly moved on then came round the corner to one straddling the junction, eventually had to take to the bloody verge to get round them.

People are twats on the whole...
Pages: 1 ... 2259 2260 2261 [2262] 2263 2264 2265 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: