Pages: 1 ... 2230 2231 2232 [2233] 2234 2235 2236 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5085691 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #33480 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 15:35:37 »

I tend to email the shit out of a company until they respond. It's generally much quicker than sitting in a phone queue. Although my recent experience with my Electricity provider was a rather drawn out process. Even though it was I who was owed money and they who should've been chasing (in the correct way). Also at least having the email correspondence gives you instant reference to previous conversation. Which helps when they start trying to fob you off or quoting figures that never existed.

Oh and yep, there are no end to my talents. Limitless  Wink

Your talents are wasted on here😁
« Last Edit: Friday, September 11, 2020, 15:37:29 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #33481 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 09:53:25 »

This could easily go in either of the trivial thread, good or bad.

My old friends mum died 2 weeks ago and yesterday they had her funeral up in Birmingham where she lived.

Being we couldn't go to it we watched the service online.

At the end of the funeral they played her favourite song "tiptoe through the tulips" as they left the crem, they left the song actual version to the funeral directors as they said they had a copy.

They have obviously never watched the horror film Insidious, which was the absolutely awful version that they actually played at the funeral, which is played while the demon appears.

The looks of horror on the mourners faces as it was played is both priceless and somewhat upsetting!

She did not get on with her mum so will not be saying anything else about it to the directors, but oh my God thats just odd to say the least that they have that in their recorded music repertoire.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #33482 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 11:49:03 »

They could at least have had the Damiens about them to check to make sure it was the right version.

But yes, it's the kind of thing seen in a comedy skit. Almost so far fetched at the moment of realisation "Holy fuck, they're playing that version!". Dark humour at it's best.

However, sleep well to your friends Ma. Despite not getting on, I'm sure they will still be missed. Often we can miss the ones we didn't get to spend as much time/come to good reasoning with more than those we do. Unless of course there are other reasons but still, reflective nonetheless.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #33483 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 11:52:07 »

They could at least have had the Damiens about them to check to make sure it was the right version.

But yes, it's the kind of thing seen in a comedy skit. Almost so far fetched at the moment of realisation "Holy fuck, they're playing that version!". Dark humour at it's best.

However, sleep well to your friends Ma. Despite not getting on, I'm sure they will still be missed. Often we can miss the ones we didn't get to spend as much time/come to good reasoning with more than those we do. Unless of course there are other reasons but still, reflective nonetheless.

Nice genuine post

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #33484 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 11:56:51 »

Nice genuine post
Bamboo is a good lad Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #33485 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 11:58:51 »

Bamboo is a good lad Smiley

Agreed, he takes a lot of stick from certain posters but he's a very thoughtful guy

So, give no fucks
china red

« Reply #33486 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 12:05:00 »

Think it helped when he stopped copying and pasting from the internet like he was the font of all knowledge
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #33487 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 12:45:54 »

Think it helped when he stopped copying and pasting from the internet like he was the font of all knowledge

I am the font of all knowledge.

Yes

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #33488 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 15:52:49 »

I am the font of all knowledge.

Yes
Smart arse!
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #33489 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 09:54:56 »

Very happy the CG Uncut videos are back, but it looks and sounds so bloody weird without fans...

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #33490 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 09:59:05 »

Dishwasher spares, and their price. I need two new trays as the original ones are getting a bit rusty in places. £142  Eek Bollocks to that, I'll buy a new dishwasher.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33491 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 10:12:21 »

This could easily go in either of the trivial thread, good or bad.

My old friends mum died 2 weeks ago and yesterday they had her funeral up in Birmingham where she lived.

Being we couldn't go to it we watched the service online.

At the end of the funeral they played her favourite song "tiptoe through the tulips" as they left the crem, they left the song actual version to the funeral directors as they said they had a copy.

They have obviously never watched the horror film Insidious, which was the absolutely awful version that they actually played at the funeral, which is played while the demon appears.

The looks of horror on the mourners faces as it was played is both priceless and somewhat upsetting!

She did not get on with her mum so will not be saying anything else about it to the directors, but oh my God thats just odd to say the least that they have that in their recorded music repertoire.

Similar to a guy who I used to work withs wedding.

It was one of those combined deals where they got wed at the hotel and have the reception there as well (coincidentally also where we had our reception but we got wed elsewhere*).

Anyway time comes for the Bride to walk down the aisle (A bug bear of mine they as never do but that's by the by), music comes on, and I cannot remember what song it was but it was on a par with DIVORCE by Dolly P! uproar ensues, albeit on a brighter note they got a bloody great big discount/refund on the whole day off the back of it, and they are still wed 10+ years on!

*At our wedding (here if you care https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashton_Memorial) we had to provide all music on a CD for vetting prior to the ceremony to ensure that none had religious connections, the missus walked in to the Super Furry Animals!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #33492 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 10:15:40 »

Man don’t give a fuck I presume ? 😀
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33493 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 10:22:04 »

Man don’t give a fuck I presume ? 😀

How d'ya guess!  Wink Cheesy

Nah it was Furryvision, our first dance was also SFA (they are a rare common ground in music that me and the missus can agree on), in that case as we had to send it to the DJ on a CD we included the intro to MDGAF before it just to make the SFA fans at the reception smile!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #33494 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 10:28:07 »

Haha excellent. I’ve always thought if someone was stupid enough to marry me sfa would be my first dance.
Pages: 1 ... 2230 2231 2232 [2233] 2234 2235 2236 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: