Pages: 1 ... 2209 2210 2211 [2212] 2213 2214 2215 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5091919 times)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #33165 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 13:10:21 »

Of course it is. But that has the square root of fuck all to do with a kid who's worked their bollocks off getting fucked over by an algorithm because the govt are too lazy and stupid to think through the actual real world consequences of the process they put in.

They should have gone with the mock exam results, there will always be some left complaining that they didn't put the same level of preparation or suchlike for the mocks but that is tough.

I come from a land down-under
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33166 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 13:31:46 »

Quote from: Matchworn Shirts
Of course it is. But that has the square root of fuck all to do with a kid who's worked their bollocks off getting fucked over by an algorithm because the govt are too lazy and stupid to think through the actual real world consequences of the process they put in.
They should have gone with the mock exam results, there will always be some left complaining that they didn't put the same level of preparation or suchlike for the mocks but that is tough.

rediculous. many mocks happened at or before Christmas time. Some of the syllabus hadn't even been covered. And yes, lack of preparation for mocks is an unfair factor .

far better to give students the opportunity to continue in education and deal with the 'strugglers' that got inflated grades than it is to deny swathes of great students with a flawed approach.

there was never a normal approach available unless you lumped leavers in for another year at their current year and made them do exams next year.

which couldn't happen for obvious reasons.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #33167 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 13:33:46 »

No they shouldn't, as mock exams aren't the same at every school. Furthermore, since they are done at different times, the students may not have finished the curriculum.

This is a complete mess, basically because you now have different rules in Scotland, Wales and England. So, theoretically, you could have Scottish and Welsh students nabbing all the places in English universities as their 'assessed grades' are higher than their English counterparts.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Flashheart

« Reply #33168 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 13:35:05 »

It's astonishing how the Tories can give so little consideration of the impact it would have on peoples' lives.

Wait, no, they're Tories so it's not astonishing at all.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #33169 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 13:40:54 »

It's astonishing how the Tories can give so little consideration of the impact it would have on peoples' lives.

No, I don't think that's necessarily right.

If we didn't have devolved parliaments then everybody would have been equally bolloxed! That was Labour if I recall.

They are all as bad as each other.

Flashheart

« Reply #33170 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 13:45:02 »

If we didn't have devolved parliaments then everybody would have been equally bolloxed! That was Labour if I recall.

That doesn't make sense. Having devolved parliaments or not makes no difference to those who had their grades fucked up the the government fucking about. Devolved governments only means that fewer people were caught up in the mess.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33171 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 13:49:33 »

I don't actually think this was a premeditated action, the fact that its been the disadvantaged that have been most heavily hit is just a welcome coincidence for them.

The real disgrace is that this has been known about since May? and yet nothing was done about it.

Apologies I really don't get the point you are trying to make here, devolution has just meant that each country has their own approaches and solutions. As for devolution being in some way to blame and thus the idea that Labour should in some way take some responsibility, nope you have lost me.

Your last sentence I wholly endorse!
« Last Edit: Monday, August 17, 2020, 13:52:01 by horlock07 » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #33172 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 14:01:57 »

The point I was trying to make was that its not a balls up 'just' because its the Tories. The Labour party have made some howlers too.

What makes it worse in this case is that a solution was put in place months ago. The problems started when a devolved government in Scotland overturned it a week before the results came out in the rest of the UK. The UK government changed the goalposts again 24-48 hours before the results came out in the rest of the UK - Deciding it didn't want to side with the Scots. The Welsh Assembly have then changed it again.

I think we need to have a unified system across the UK. None of the available systems are perfect, but a consistent approach would be best.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33173 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 14:42:18 »

the problem came about when A* students were getting a  C-E instead.

Scotland realised it was horseshit and had to take corrective action. it's not their fault.

Valid to question why it took until after the results for them to do so though.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33174 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 14:45:16 »

How do you delicately tell a lady her lady parts are visible whilst wearing her swimming attire?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #33175 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 14:51:28 »

How do you delicately tell a lady her lady parts are visible whilst wearing her swimming attire?
First of all, what the hell are you doing wearing her swimming attire?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33176 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 14:55:22 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

in a humorous way, do it for the crack

(craic)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33177 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 14:57:00 »

the problem came about when A* students were getting a  C-E instead.

Scotland realised it was horseshit and had to take corrective action. it's not their fault.

Valid to question why it took until after the results for them to do so though.

I see we have also realised its shite and U turned.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33178 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 15:09:58 »

thankfully common sense has prevailed.

late
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #33179 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 16:34:57 »

Buttering bastard bagels. Also, agonising attempts at abridged alliteration.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 2209 2210 2211 [2212] 2213 2214 2215 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: