Pages: 1 ... 2194 2195 2196 [2197] 2198 2199 2200 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5066193 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #32940 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 22:34:41 »

Bastard biting insects. They seem to love me, got three lumpy bites after going for a short walk on Sunday morning. I had about 30 mosquito bites in Italy last summer too. What attracts them to certain people?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #32941 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 06:40:46 »

BT being snide fuckers and trying to collect unneeded grants (I believe). I'll explain....

In my Mum's neck of the woods they've not got fibre (Just ADSL) and BT have said they don't plan to install it.

They pointed her in the direction of community broadband, or whatever it's called, where you can get the locals to come together and all use the government's "Gigabit Broadband voucher scheme" to affectively pay between £1,500 and £3,500 per home/business toward them installing it in your community.

In light of that there's many local communities currently coming together so BT will come and install it.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18504592.faster-fibre-broadband-works-wroughton-rural-areas-near-swindon/

So, anyway, the old dear needed a new phone line as the one she has is degraded and can't support broadband. The BT bloke came and sorted it and mentioned how she'll now have reliable broadband and said that her street has got full fibre in the cabinets so can't work out why they only get ADSL.

Does this mean BT are simply waiting for all the grant money to come their way, then just flick a switch for work already done? Wouldn't put it past a shower like BT to do such a thing.

It won't be BT it would be Openreach, which is seperate sister company. They will provide the infrastructure, but that means any provider in theory can use that line. Depends on who supplies the exchange.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #32942 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 07:55:59 »

Bastard biting insects. They seem to love me, got three lumpy bites after going for a short walk on Sunday morning. I had about 30 mosquito bites in Italy last summer too. What attracts them to certain people?

I am the same, can be out and about with the Mrs, she won't get touched and I get bitten every time, there must me a scent or something that they are atracted to that only some give out - i must smell tasty.

I have heard quinine helps, hence why V&T is my tipple Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #32943 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 08:07:02 »

Smiley

I read up after posting this and they actually prefer blood group O.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #32944 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 08:10:46 »

Insects who bite bastards?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #32945 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 08:11:02 »

When the wife and I walked to hourglass bay in Tasmania, we both had t shirts on and towels around our necks and our Aussie mate was shirtless. That evening after we got back we were amazed that he hadn't one bite whereas we had been bitten to shit. Blood type I guess?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #32946 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 08:45:22 »

Not sure what blood type I am though I vaguely remember O, so could be it..

I will still drink lots of tonic just in case Wink

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #32947 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 08:48:28 »

Not sure what blood type I am though I vaguely remember O, so could be it..
Weirldy even though I have had blood tests for various things consistantly every 3 months for the last 5+ years I have no idea what blood group I am and wouldn't even know where to find it out!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #32948 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 08:50:31 »

Me too Venks.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #32949 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 08:53:36 »

Me too Venks.
if you find out an easy way let me know 4D Smiley I am just curious.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #32950 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 08:54:44 »

Weirldy even though I have had blood tests for various things consistantly every 3 months for the last 5+ years I have no idea what blood group I am and wouldn't even know where to find it out!

I know if you give blood the card they give you has your blood type on it, cannot remember what type mine was, although it was one of the very common ones. Don't have the card any more to check as I cannot give blood any more sadly.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #32951 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 08:56:32 »

I know if you give blood the card they give you has your blood type on it, cannot remember what type mine was, although it was one of the very common ones. Don't have the card any more to check as I cannot give blood any more sadly.
Being on treatments for cancer for 4 years and for being on blood thinners for blood clots on my lungs for 10 years I am not allowed to give blood, even though they have probably taken a body's worth over the last 5 years!

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #32952 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 08:58:16 »

Being on treatments for cancer for 4 years and for being on blood thinners for blood clots on my lungs for 10 years I am not allowed to give blood, even though they have probably taken a body's worth over the last 5 years!

I miss my biscuits and orange squash!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #32953 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 09:01:30 »

I miss my biscuits and orange squash!
Living the dream.

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #32954 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 09:12:04 »

if you find out an easy way let me know 4D Smiley I am just curious.

I might try and find out, I know there is rhesus negative in the family.
Pages: 1 ... 2194 2195 2196 [2197] 2198 2199 2200 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: