Pages: 1 ... 2179 2180 2181 [2182] 2183 2184 2185 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5069144 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #32715 on: Sunday, June 21, 2020, 16:25:50 »

The continual apologies from the Sky commentators about picking up bad language during games get on my fucking tits.

Can't hear it on the fucking piped crowd noise channel anyway and it's just a case of fucking bringing it to viewers attention when they probably wouldn't even fucking notice it in the first fucking place.

Fucking hell!!!

How does the piped crowd noise work as it seems to go when the attacking team gets close to goal

So, give no fucks
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #32716 on: Monday, June 22, 2020, 08:09:36 »

Have watched the majority of the televised games so far and although I was not looking forward to games in empty stadiums the background crowd noise,  to me,  does make it a much better watch,  in fact some games are almost as though there is a crowd there.
Also seems as the more games are shown they seem to be getting the crowd reaction in line with play,  boos when there's a foul/bad tackle,  roars when there's a shot etc. No where near as eerie as I thought it would be.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #32717 on: Monday, June 22, 2020, 08:20:45 »

No where near as eerie as I thought it would be.
I agree with this, hasn't been an issue for me at all. It probably helps that we are more used to watching football where there are no (or very few) fans in the front rows, or empty stands behind the goal.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #32718 on: Monday, June 22, 2020, 08:31:58 »

I agree with this, hasn't been an issue for me at all. It probably helps that we are more used to watching football where there are no (or very few) fans in the front rows, or empty stands behind the goal.

Its generally been goo, although the people pushing the noise buttons often seem to be about 5 secs behind the action when goals are scored.

However, no amount of crowd noise could raise the Everton Liverpool game above absolute stinker!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #32719 on: Monday, June 22, 2020, 08:37:11 »

The continual apologies from the Sky commentators about picking up bad language during games get on my fucking tits.

Can't hear it on the fucking piped crowd noise channel anyway and it's just a case of fucking bringing it to viewers attention when they probably wouldn't even fucking notice it in the first fucking place.

Fucking hell!!!

They have to other wise the broadcaster could get into trouble.

The watershed ruled specifically state "Frequent use of offensive language must be avoided before the watershed, and must always be justified by its context."

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #32720 on: Monday, June 22, 2020, 09:24:13 »

Have watched the majority of the televised games so far and although I was not looking forward to games in empty stadiums the background crowd noise,  to me,  does make it a much better watch,  in fact some games are almost as though there is a crowd there.
Also seems as the more games are shown they seem to be getting the crowd reaction in line with play,  boos when there's a foul/bad tackle,  roars when there's a shot etc. No where near as eerie as I thought it would be.

I think its been ok. I don't really watch non-Swindon games with sound on anyway as the nonsense the commentators come out with irritates me, so i'll listen to music/podcasts etc.

Some of the EPL games have been absolutely tedious though regardless of what noise is on in the background.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #32721 on: Monday, June 22, 2020, 09:31:58 »

I think its been ok. I don't really watch non-Swindon games with sound on anyway as the nonsense the commentators come out with irritates me, so i'll listen to music/podcasts etc.

Some of the EPL games have been absolutely tedious though regardless of what noise is on in the background.
This.

I have watched most of the games shown via Kodi and lack of crowd noise makes no difference to me as I don't want to listen to the inane banter between co-comms.

The standard of the games has been by and large pretty poor, that could be down to fitness level and lack of team cohesion, very few bits of decent skill for the neutral and in the main almost like an exhibition match/friendly in feel.

Lots of goals late on in games too it seems, the highlight being the 2 late goals in the Watford v Leicester match with 2 cracking goals in the 90+ minute.

Even the Scouse derby yesterday was a bit dull and Everton should have won it late on, all the players seemed to look a few yards off the pace.

As for the L2 play offs...pretty dire viewing but will watch the L1 play offs to see the quality of next years opposition mainly.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #32722 on: Monday, June 22, 2020, 09:34:24 »

This.

I have watched most of the games shown via Kodi and lack of crowd noise makes no difference to me as I don't want to listen to the inane banter between co-comms.

The standard of the games has been by and large pretty poor, that could be down to fitness level and lack of team cohesion, very few bits of decent skill for the neutral and in the main almost like an exhibition match/friendly in feel.

Lots of goals late on in games too it seems, the highlight being the 2 late goals in the Watford v Leicester match with 2 cracking goals in the 90+ minute.

Even the Scouse derby yesterday was a bit dull and Everton should have won it late on, all the players seemed to look a few yards off the pace.

As for the L2 play offs...pretty dire viewing but will watch the L1 play offs to see the quality of next years opposition mainly.

Actually on some sites you get the foreign streams so sometimes I play the sound as I have no idea what the commentators are saying anyway!! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #32723 on: Monday, June 22, 2020, 09:38:14 »

Actually on some sites you get the foreign streams so sometimes I play the sound as I have no idea what the commentators are saying anyway!! Smiley
I did that with a Town stream years ago when Coxy scored the cracker vs against Fenerbahce. Couldn't understand a word!

Its here with the commentary too!

« Last Edit: Monday, June 22, 2020, 09:40:02 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #32724 on: Monday, June 22, 2020, 09:54:18 »

That's very polite, it was bloody awful. Only watched two games so far, this one and Newcastle - Sheff United, Newcastle were crap, but won because SU were considerably crapper!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #32725 on: Monday, June 22, 2020, 09:55:31 »

That's very polite, it was bloody awful. Only watched two games so far, this one and Newcastle - Sheff United, Newcastle were crap, but won because SU were considerably crapper!

I didn't think Newcastle were too bad. SU never turned up and fell apart after they went down to 10.

Good to see Matt Ritchie on the scoresheet as well.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #32726 on: Monday, June 22, 2020, 13:37:51 »

I've been watching the games without crowd noise, quite like being able to hear some of what players and coaches are saying and the artificial noise feels weirder than none. Found it quite amusing the number of people who've said it's "ruined football" for them. The game being played is still football, irrespective of background noises or lack thereof. Obviously, it's better with crowds and an atmosphere but it's still football. Turns out a lot of football fans are actually fans of groups of people shouting at each other, rather than the actual game Smiley
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #32727 on: Monday, June 22, 2020, 14:35:00 »

I did that with a Town stream years ago when Coxy scored the cracker vs against Fenerbahce. Couldn't understand a word!

Its here with the commentary too!

A nice ripple of applause, PaulD will approve  Smiley
« Last Edit: Monday, June 22, 2020, 14:39:05 by 4D » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #32728 on: Monday, June 22, 2020, 14:40:25 »

I can't watch football without crowds. I tried watching Bournemouth v Palace and Everton last night but is too lacklustre for me and end up switching channels

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #32729 on: Monday, June 22, 2020, 14:50:44 »

A nice ripple of applause, PaulD will approve  Smiley
Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 2179 2180 2181 [2182] 2183 2184 2185 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: