Pages: 1 ... 2167 2168 2169 [2170] 2171 2172 2173 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5063108 times)
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #32535 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 14:27:37 »

Fucking hell Jutty, what you doing up this time of the night,  you shit the bed ??.
I was out testing my eyesight!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #32536 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 14:33:44 »

I was out testing my eyesight!

Drive anywhere nice?

I come from a land down-under
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #32537 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 14:38:30 »

I was going to go to Barnards Castle as I hear that is really good for testing your eye sight but my eyesight is so bad I ended up outside 4D's house on my phone.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #32538 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 15:09:28 »

4D's Palace  Smiley
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #32539 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 18:09:01 »

Dick Strawbridge

Stupid people on Tipping Point

Take your chips and fuck off home.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #32540 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 08:04:23 »

Stupid people on Tipping Point
Stupid people watching and talking about Tipping Point.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #32541 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 08:24:28 »

Tipping point is a fucking masterclass in inane late afternoon telly. The questions are a pile of piss - which makes it beautifully entertaining when someone gets one wrong, and the host guy plays an absolute masterclass in sounding excited about the tokens falling down. He's obviously taken notes from Noel Edmonds opening random boxes on Deal or No Deal, but the slightest element of choice over pure chance means he doesn't have to copy Noel's weird spiritual edge, which is a great improvement.

I miss having a tv ariel.
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #32542 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 15:34:23 »

Stupid people watching and talking about Tipping Point.

Your point is well made.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #32543 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 17:15:09 »

What's tipping point?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32544 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 17:16:58 »

it's slightly better than tenable
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #32545 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 19:23:16 »

it's slightly better than tenable

It's one of ten quiz shows that are.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #32546 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 22:07:01 »

The "Pick for Britain" advert/recruitment drive. There's nothing wrong with wanting to recruit 70k fruit n veg pickers of course but the ad seems like it's trying to be something it really isn't. For some reason it almost comes across as a metaphor for Boris Johnson.

Stay with me. For anyone who hasn't seen the ad, it plays on the wartime effort of "Dig for Victory". Just they've redressed it and gone with "Pick for Britain". With BoJo so desperate to be seen as some kind of Churchillian (even he was a poor PM when you look at his time in power properly) hero, who negotiates the British public to erm...success, the two together just doesn't sit right with me. It may seem incredibly cynical but I can see right through the paper thin bullshit

Standalone it isn't a bad ad but coupled with Johnson's neediness and the over emphasis of this ad, it comes across as fairly patronising/condescending. As if no one in the UK has ever done manual labour or understands what a hard days graft is. Maybe so for some Townies or City boys but even then it's all relative.

Of course, like anything I now keep on seeing said advert; along with fucking SkyVegas Man  Crash

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #32547 on: Saturday, May 30, 2020, 09:28:35 »

Careful, you've criticised Churchill there, the Usual Suspects will be after you.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #32548 on: Saturday, May 30, 2020, 11:42:46 »

The "Pick for Britain" advert/recruitment drive. There's nothing wrong with wanting to recruit 70k fruit n veg pickers of course but the ad seems like it's trying to be something it really isn't. For some reason it almost comes across as a metaphor for Boris Johnson.

Stay with me. For anyone who hasn't seen the ad, it plays on the wartime effort of "Dig for Victory". Just they've redressed it and gone with "Pick for Britain". With BoJo so desperate to be seen as some kind of Churchillian (even he was a poor PM when you look at his time in power properly) hero, who negotiates the British public to erm...success, the two together just doesn't sit right with me. It may seem incredibly cynical but I can see right through the paper thin bullshit

Standalone it isn't a bad ad but coupled with Johnson's neediness and the over emphasis of this ad, it comes across as fairly patronising/condescending. As if no one in the UK has ever done manual labour or understands what a hard days graft is. Maybe so for some Townies or City boys but even then it's all relative.

Of course, like anything I now keep on seeing said advert; along with fucking SkyVegas Man  Crash
Youngest son signed up for fruit picking when it became clear he wouldn't be taking A levels and didn't have to do more studying. On his first day this week he 'lost' his Airpods (or had them stolen).  So, at the end of the day, he was knackered, sunburned, aching all over and about £75 down on the day! Welcome to the adult world son!  Angry

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #32549 on: Saturday, May 30, 2020, 12:36:19 »

Youngest son signed up for fruit picking when it became clear he wouldn't be taking A levels and didn't have to do more studying. On his first day this week he 'lost' his Airpods (or had them stolen).  So, at the end of the day, he was knackered, sunburned, aching all over and about £75 down on the day! Welcome to the adult world son!  Angry
Did exactly the same thing back in the early 80's,  missus was in hospital in Bath, was out of work,  no income,  no money so went strawberry picking at a local farm so that I could get some petrol to go and visit her.  Holy shit, at the end of the day I was walking like quassimodo and was redder than the strawberries I'd been picking.    He has my sympathy,  especially if after his efforts he finished up out of pocket.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 2167 2168 2169 [2170] 2171 2172 2173 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: