Pages: 1 ... 2107 2108 2109 [2110] 2111 2112 2113 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5067502 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31635 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 19:09:48 »

I like Dark Humour, it is peculiarly a British thing
No it's not, it's common all over the world. Lots of cultures enjoy dark humour, going back to (at least) the Ancient Greeks and Persians
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #31636 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 19:54:05 »

No it's not, it's common all over the world. Lots of cultures enjoy dark humour, going back to (at least) the Ancient Greeks and Persians

Yes it is.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31637 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 20:01:17 »

Yes it is.
You're entitled to your own opinion. But not to make up your own facts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_comedy
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #31638 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 20:39:17 »

Yes it is.

Out of curiosity, how many cultures do you know well?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #31639 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 20:44:21 »

[/

Out of curiosity, what’s it to do with you?
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 21:02:08 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #31640 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 21:33:23 »

Out of curiosity, what’s it to do with you?

You posted that dark humour was a peculiarly British thing. I asked on the basis of knowing how many other cultures you stated that. Why are you touchy about me asking, rather than just answering the question?
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 21:38:11 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #31641 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 21:33:52 »

My Turkish friend Evren has a wicked sense of dark humour. He wished me Happy Birthday the other week with pic of a woman dressed in only a t-shirt that said "Need to Diequik" in the style of Nesquik. Thanks mate I'm only early thirties!

So yep, kinda rebuff your dark humour is only a British thing. Glad you enjoy it though.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #31642 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 21:36:49 »

As somebody that has seen more of the world than your average Joe - dark humour is very common.

What is more rare is our sarcasm, irony, and dryness of wit.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #31643 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 21:51:25 »

As somebody that has seen more of the world than your average Joe - dark humour is very common.

What is more rare is our sarcasm, irony, and dryness of wit.

Indeed. I've seen a good chunk of the world so far. Not all of it, granted but every place I bave visited has had it's share of dark humour.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #31644 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 22:02:23 »

I like Dark Humour, it is peculiarly a British thing, gallows humour I believe it is called.

Perhaps this explains why you are wrong?

* dark_sense_of_humor_can_be.jpg (36.51 KB, 400x398 - viewed 64 times.)
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #31645 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 22:03:59 »

Perhaps this explains why you are wrong?

Only if it’s a right leaning paper?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #31646 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 22:56:06 »

Only if it’s a right leaning paper?

Sorry to call you out on an obviously innocently meant comment, but my family’s life has been made a great deal more complicated by people with no great understanding of, nor stake in, other cultures, who have been brought up unquestioningly to think that Britain is better than everywhere else in all sorts of ways. And I know what it feels like because I also used to think like that before I tried living somewhere else.

Flashheart

« Reply #31647 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 23:08:33 »

Most here will know I was caught up in the 2010 tsumai. Well, I found this the other day.

The room on the right was our fucking hotel room.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #31648 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 23:26:24 »

Sorry to call you out on an obviously innocently meant comment, but my family’s life has been made a great deal more complicated by people with no great understanding of, nor stake in, other cultures, who have been brought up unquestioningly to think that Britain is better than everywhere else in all sorts of ways. And I know what it feels like because I also used to think like that before I tried living somewhere else.

Ok, my father was an immigrant. Did you know that? That may surprise you as this knowledge may possibly change your preconceptions of who you think I am or what I stand for. I have a stake in my families well being and my countries well being, which effects my family. I have travelled extensively across the world and accept and to a greater or lesser degree other cultures and their lifestyles and practices. I don’t always agree and will not be silenced in expressing my view. I am an internationalist, in as much as I live and let live, however, anything that I perceive threatens my country and my family is a redline however that may manifest itself. Over the years I have had numerous psychometric tests for work and therefore coupled with my most inner thoughts know more about myself than you or any other poster on this site does. In fact I’d go as far as to say more than than you or they know about themselves. Personally I love Swindon, I love my country, why would I want to live anywhere else! Work or love possibly other that no thanks. I hate the fact that there are thousands of people who have come to this country over the years with the express desire to take what they can get with out putting anything back either legally or otherwise, irrespective of colour, race or religion. British gallows humour is British gallows humour, another countries may have something similar but they’re not British are they? With neither our history or cultural development to fall back on, even, yes even white English speaking countries, shock horror.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 23:30:08 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #31649 on: Sunday, January 5, 2020, 11:05:50 »

Something about meat.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 2107 2108 2109 [2110] 2111 2112 2113 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: