Pages: 1 ... 2078 2079 2080 [2081] 2082 2083 2084 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5046596 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #31200 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 13:41:35 »

The way the Kurds were stabbed in the back. Fucking disgraceful.

Trump should be ashamed of himself - but he won't be.

It does seem to be pissing a lot of Americans off, also being reported that a lot of the US troops who have been serving with the Kurds are very upset and feel betrayed. Sure as you say feck all will come of it in terms of censure/prosecution of Trump, but I wonder whether 10 years down the line this will be another Srebrenica moment (albeit I fear on a considerably larger scale!) What is pissing me off as much is the complete fucking silence frfom our government as we need to keep the US/Turkey sweet once we have pissed Europe off.

ditto on diplomatic immunity crash women

Indeed, apparently there is CCTV of the woman driving on the wrong side of the road and causing the accident.  Special relationship, what bollocks.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #31201 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 07:15:15 »

Another two fatal stabbings in London. One a 15 year old, the other an 18 year old. Sad times.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
woolster

« Reply #31202 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 07:50:06 »

Another two fatal stabbings in London. One a 15 year old, the other an 18 year old. Sad times.
I watched The Met: Policing London last night, the place is out of control, the Police are doing there best but it's deffo Mob rule
Panda Paws

« Reply #31203 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 08:56:03 »

I watched The Met: Policing London last night, the place is out of control, the Police are doing there best but it's deffo Mob rule

I live in London. The place really isn't out of control. I feel no less safe than before.

Obviously there are more stabbings and that's shit, but it's not the like whole city is overran by "mob rule".

That said, three stabbings this week - Maybe if the police didn't have to piss around with the ER lunatics they'd be able to focus more on actual crime.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31204 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 09:11:03 »

That said, three stabbings this week - Maybe if the police didn't have to piss around with the ER lunatics they'd be able to focus more on actual crime.

Congratulations that one is straight out of the latest Mail playlist.

I'll counter with some recent research albeit US based on air pollution causing aggression....

October 3, 2019
Source:
    Colorado State University
Summary:
    Breathing dirty air can make you sick. But according to new research, it can also make you more aggressive. That's the conclusion from a set of studies recently authored by Colorado State University researchers. The team found strong links between short-term exposure to air pollution and aggressive behavior, in the form of aggravated assaults and other violent crimes across the continental United States.

You won't find that being discussed in The Mail.

Flashheart

« Reply #31205 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 09:31:21 »

I didn't know stabbings only occurred during ER protests!

It's nonsense. According to the professionals (IE, the police). The stabbings that do take place are a problem with community policing; they are not able to be pro-active. (Thanks to Tory cuts  - again according to the police themselves). Protests don't change that. This is far from the first time that London has seen protests and I don't recall there being a stabbing problem then. Every weekend the police are called into action to cover football matches and the like, that doesn't result in more stabbings (asides maybe from football-related violence). The police are always attending other large events as well but that doesn't seem to have an impact on knife crime.

It's also a tad churlish to blame the stabbings on the protests.

You're better than that PP
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #31206 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 09:37:49 »

I mean, he clearly isn't.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #31207 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 09:42:48 »

What he said was factual if anything, the officers would be doing the regular day job if it wasn’t for the protests
Flashheart

« Reply #31208 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 09:47:10 »

Well in that case, I wonder if people who have a problem with it would stop attending football matches and other events that require police resources?

I mean, it's just factual right?
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #31209 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 09:58:25 »

Maybe if the police didn't have to piss around with the ER lunatics they'd be able to focus more on actual crime.

What is factually incorrect about this statement then?

I certainly don’t see PP blaming the stabbings on the protests, that was some leap you made.

For the record I don’t have a problem with the principle behind the protests at all, the method of protest is up for debate but that’s a different conversation
Flashheart

« Reply #31210 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 10:05:24 »

What is factually incorrect about this statement then?

Nothing, (except it is a tad naive to think that funding would remain the same if there were no protests). But I will ask again... If people have a problem with police resources being used, will they stop attending events that use those same resources? Why is one OK but not the other?

I certainly don’t see PP blaming the stabbings on the protests, that was some leap you made.

It really wasn't. The implication was quite clear.

Ignore
« Reply #31211 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 10:29:15 »

Calling them lunatics isn't a statement of fact. It's also a statement I'd completely disagree with.
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #31212 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 10:42:10 »

Well yeah that bit is opinion

Panda Paws

« Reply #31213 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 11:27:36 »

Some impressive leaps in logic here.

The fact that I think some of the ER protestors are lunatics is an opinion, yes.

I clearly stated there is a rise in stabbings in violent crime at the moment, and that's really shit. I in no way blamed the stabbings on the protests nor said stabbings only happen during the protests. If police resources weren't being taken up by illegal protests then obviously they'd have more resources to deal with day-to-day crime.

To be clear, I have no issue with people peacefully protesting. I do have issues with people being a public nuisance, breaking the law and causing major disruption to normal people.

I was also taking umbrage to that previous statement London is out of control and under mob rule, which is nonsense.

Edit: changed "fact" to "previous statement"
« Last Edit: Friday, October 11, 2019, 12:14:36 by Panda Paws » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #31214 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 11:32:06 »

I in no way blamed the stabbings on the protests nor said stabbings only happen during the protests.

So why even mention it?
Pages: 1 ... 2078 2079 2080 [2081] 2082 2083 2084 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: