Pages: 1 ... 2074 2075 2076 [2077] 2078 2079 2080 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5069418 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31140 on: Friday, October 4, 2019, 17:20:44 »

izal.... oh god.noooooooooo
Flashheart

« Reply #31141 on: Friday, October 4, 2019, 17:24:10 »

... that stuff that just smeared shit over your arse rather than actually removing it.

Somebody, somewhere, thought that stuff was a good idea!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #31142 on: Friday, October 4, 2019, 17:34:26 »

Just to put a shudder in your undercarriage again!

You could wrap parcels in that stuff.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31143 on: Friday, October 4, 2019, 17:43:29 »

Just to put a shudder in your undercarriage again!

You could wrap parcels in that stuff.
About all you could do with it, it was fuck all use for wiping your arse with. And how the hell did they get away with describing it as "tissue"?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #31144 on: Friday, October 4, 2019, 17:47:12 »

About all you could do with it, it was fuck all use for wiping your arse with. And how the hell did they get away with describing it as "tissue"?

any of the distinct types of material of which animals or plants are made, consisting of specialized cells and their products.

See they are made of animal, I would hazard a guess at some form of Vellum Cheesy

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #31145 on: Friday, October 4, 2019, 17:53:11 »

And why was it ‘medicated’? What did they think a person’s arse needed other than cleaning?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31146 on: Friday, October 4, 2019, 17:54:53 »

See they are made of animal, I would hazard a guess at some form of Vellum Cheesy
Vellum's soft(ish). Compared to Izal it is anyway. Mind you, so is tree bark
Peter Venkman

« Reply #31147 on: Friday, October 4, 2019, 18:01:02 »

Vellum's soft(ish). Compared to Izal it is anyway. Mind you, so is tree bark
Ok, parchment then Cheesy

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #31148 on: Friday, October 4, 2019, 22:24:27 »

That stuff brings back memories. May as well have wiped your arse with a carrier bag.  Sad

It took about half a roll to complete the job, then the bog backed up when you flushed it.
« Last Edit: Friday, October 4, 2019, 22:26:42 by 4D » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #31149 on: Friday, October 4, 2019, 22:26:31 »

Whilst the nation argues over Brexit, the Amazon is still on fire. You know, that area of the planet that produces 20% of the world's oxygen.
Flashheart

« Reply #31150 on: Friday, October 4, 2019, 23:17:03 »

Whilst the nation argues over Brexit, the Amazon is still on fire. You know, that area of the planet that produces 20% of the world's oxygen.

The Amazon's contribution to global oxygen levels is surprisingly small. Largely because a lot of what oxygen is produced is used by the immense population of animals of the jungle. It's also not a new thing, it happens every year, and most of it occurs naturally. Although the fires are worse than usual this year, mostly because of their shitty government.

The planet doesn't have an oxygen problem anyway. We've got lots of that. The problem is that there's too much Co2 in the atmosphere, and this is where the Amazon does help because it helps to suck the Co2 out of the atmosphere. That, and there's a lot of animals in the jungle suffering, poor schmoozens.

It is thought that some fires, like those that happen in California, actually help to reduce Co2 overall. While a lot of Co2 is released during the fires, a lot is also stored in the charcoal and what not. Certain forests have evolved to recover quickly, fires are a part of their cycle, and the new growth ends up absorbing more Co2 than the fires release.

I doubt you were looking for that reply, but I've had some sweet pills and my misses is faffing about in the bathroom, so here it is.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #31151 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 00:43:06 »

The Amazon's contribution to global oxygen levels is surprisingly small. Largely because a lot of what oxygen is produced is used by the immense population of animals of the jungle. It's also not a new thing, it happens every year, and most of it occurs naturally. Although the fires are worse than usual this year, mostly because of their shitty government.

The planet doesn't have an oxygen problem anyway. We've got lots of that. The problem is that there's too much Co2 in the atmosphere, and this is where the Amazon does help because it helps to suck the Co2 out of the atmosphere. That, and there's a lot of animals in the jungle suffering, poor schmoozens.

It is thought that some fires, like those that happen in California, actually help to reduce Co2 overall. While a lot of Co2 is released during the fires, a lot is also stored in the charcoal and what not. Certain forests have evolved to recover quickly, fires are a part of their cycle, and the new growth ends up absorbing more Co2 than the fires release.

I doubt you were looking for that reply, but I've had some sweet pills and my misses is faffing about in the bathroom, so here it is.

And this is why you're awesome.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #31152 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 07:33:22 »

Do you need some Izal Bambi?

Ignore
« Reply #31153 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 07:51:31 »

Good response and plenty for me to chew on. I'm never surprised with what the debate offered on here comes up with.

There are conflicting views on oxygen levels produced and the impact on the planet etc from the Amazon, but I think we can both agree that the it burning is a bad thing? I think we're both on the same side of the argument but coming from different angles here.
Flashheart

« Reply #31154 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 11:55:04 »

but I think we can both agree that the it burning is a bad thing?

Definitely. Burning the rainforests is a dickish thing to do, regardless of other factors.
Pages: 1 ... 2074 2075 2076 [2077] 2078 2079 2080 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: