Pages: 1 ... 2043 2044 2045 [2046] 2047 2048 2049 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5048680 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #30675 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 12:58:54 »

Its a fucking bed, not a DVD from amazon.
Yeah, fair dos, but if you've got room to get it in without too much aggro? I'd just open the side gate, tell them to sling it down the path and let the neighbours fetch it out from there. Appreciate that's probably not possible for everyone. I think I might have to enter myself in the "You didn't think it through" thread Smiley
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #30676 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 13:04:04 »

Yeah, fair dos, but if you've got room to get it in without too much aggro? I'd just open the side gate, tell them to sling it down the path and let the neighbours fetch it out from there. Appreciate that's probably not possible for everyone. I think I might have to enter myself in the "You didn't think it through" thread Smiley

Yeah, i see where you're comming from.

On a related subject: Say you have taken a letter or parcel for a neighbor because they were not in.

Now, for me, the neighbor knows where the letter/parcel is, based on the slip through their door, there for its perfectly reasonable for them to come and collect it.

My neighbors seem to think otherwise, I've held on to things for days and they just don't collect it, they wait for me to drop it round to them.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30677 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 13:06:55 »

I dunno, we have got neighbours across the road who are having a massive ding dong about parking outside each others houses, even though both have designated parking round the back of their places (although the people it most affects is actually us as they end up parking opposite our drive which makes getting in and out awkward) this has now led to both refusing to accept parcels for the other and thus as we work at home we get a constant stream of bloody parcels. We did take in a bloody massive one the other week, but it was picked up with an apology and a bottle of wine from the neighbour!

TBH we just accept them as its less hassle than falling out with people, I have seen the toxic way neighbours can fall out too many times in planning circles.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #30678 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 13:08:54 »

Yeah, i see where you're comming from.

On a related subject: Say you have taken a letter or parcel for a neighbor because they were not in.

Now, for me, the neighbor knows where the letter/parcel is, based on the slip through their door, there for its perfectly reasonable for them to come and collect it.

My neighbors seem to think otherwise, I've held on to things for days and they just don't collect it, they wait for me to drop it round to them.
Eh? That's just advanced twattery. Our neighbours quite often take things in for us as they're in more than we are, I always try to pick it up ASAP and apologise for them being disrupted. Simple manners, surely?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30679 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 13:15:17 »

At work there are 6 urinals in groups of 3. Today someone decided to use the middle one, meaning both of us had to be inconvenienced when I took up my position.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #30680 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 13:19:18 »

Eh? That's just advanced twattery. Our neighbours quite often take things in for us as they're in more than we are, I always try to pick it up ASAP and apologise for them being disrupted. Simple manners, surely?

I assumed that his neighbors were obviously a long way away in America?  Cheesy Wink
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 13:34:54 by horlock07 » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #30681 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 14:17:50 »

This doesn't really annoy me but couldn't think where else to put it...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48839428

Being a MofD pundit gets a pretty good salary, can sort of understand Lineker as he does other programmes etc but £410k+ for Shearer and £210k+ for Jermaine Jenas
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30682 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 14:46:58 »

Problem solved in Newnan, GA, USA - they just leave all of our parcels on the porch, including most that require a signature.  Sometimes they'll ring the bell, but then scarper anyway.  The fun bit is when you go away for a few days and come back to a pile of parcels - oddly, nothing has been pinched yet.
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #30683 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 15:05:38 »

At work there are 6 urinals in groups of 3. Today someone decided to use the middle one, meaning both of us had to be inconvenienced when I took up my position.

This should educate them:http://www.puffgames.com/everywhere/uniral.html
Now wash your hands.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30684 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 15:16:43 »

Not being able to get off the chuffer in Brimscombe, for tonight's big game.  It was an option into the 60's

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #30685 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 15:39:30 »

Not being able to get off the chuffer in Brimscombe, for tonight's big game.  It was an option into the 60's

Shame it's not on a Saturday, would have been a nice walk along the towpath from Stroud to the ground.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #30686 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 15:46:53 »

You do realise that's over 50 years ago now? Might be time to let it go?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #30687 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 23:05:20 »

If this guy is local I can't imagine it would be difficult to track him down, but alas it appears so. 

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/17743080.penhill-delivery-driver-assaulted-and-verbally-abused/
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #30688 on: Wednesday, July 3, 2019, 12:16:57 »

Uh oh, SBC give £72m to improve certain road junctions in Swindon. Await the carnage!!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30689 on: Wednesday, July 3, 2019, 12:53:22 »

if it's j16 like, fine. if it's Bruce Street bridges like...ut-oh.

this made me laugh though.

Gary Sumner, the council’s cabinet member for strategic planning, said: “This is unique in that we are putting in the infrastructure before the homes go in

that it's unique says it all about infrastructure planning really.
Pages: 1 ... 2043 2044 2045 [2046] 2047 2048 2049 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: