Pages: 1 ... 2009 2010 2011 [2012] 2013 2014 2015 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5082378 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #30165 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 13:46:04 »

Many years ago, I stayed in a cottage overlooking Ullswater, near Pooley Bridge.  Bird at the time was a literary type, and the fella whose gaffe it was, was a poet, all a bit Wordsworth.

He'd spontaneously break out into poetry, most of the hangers on seemed to be young women, who lapped it up. The only other fella was a hard Jock, who served in the Sun Inn, and simply refused to accept payment when I ordered beer. I didn't argue being a poor student.

Sounds more 'Withnail & I' than Wordsworth  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30166 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 13:51:43 »

I don't think Sleddale Hall (where Withnail and I was filmed) is a million miles from Ullswater.....
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #30167 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 13:58:26 »

I don't think Sleddale Hall (where Withnail and I was filmed) is a million miles from Ullswater.....

That was me point  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #30168 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 14:42:38 »

Wordsworth is buried in Grasmere, near to where I used to buy that lovely gingerbread
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #30169 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 16:54:02 »

To the cunt who caused the spillage of part of an expensive pint in central London.
A 'sorry mate' is not enough.
Repeated travel across the French Channel by ferry and clutching a shiny new blue passport would be punishment enough and more lenient than the crime deserves.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30170 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 17:07:13 »

It's a fair point.... however when I was there it was before the film, so for me defintely Wordsworthian.

Of course, daffodils which is very apt atm, was written about the display along the banks of Ullswater....  so

for oft, upon my couch I lie
in vacant or pensive mood

I'll picture BO wandering lonely as a cloud
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #30171 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 17:35:34 »

I'll picture BO wandering lonely as a cloud, ....while keeping an eye out for people on their mobiles.

You missed a bit.
Hopefully not the case in the Lakes for BO.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30172 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 17:42:02 »

You missed a bit.
Hopefully not the case in the Lakes for BO.

Brilliant.... I've now got BO wandering along reading Wordsworth on his phone, bumping into someone else doing the same.

hopefully they don't end up in the drink, its deep and cold.  Wastwater is the deepest and coldest and you can feel it, without getting in.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #30173 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 10:39:54 »

Religious callers when I'm trying to work on my car  Bad Mood
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #30174 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 14:01:58 »

Religious callers when I'm trying to work on my car  Bad Mood

Wouldn’t be Jehovahs Wickedness per chance?
Barry Scott

« Reply #30175 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 15:27:38 »

I used to get the brainless mormons more than any other.
Flashheart

« Reply #30176 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 15:59:02 »

There's a lot of mormons out here.

They're OK though. Always polite and respectful. Never had a problem with them and they know that no means no. It's the Filipino Roman Catholics that are a problem. Banging on about it at every opportunity and they're pushy, deceitful fuckers. Some of them offer free 'English' lessons to Thai kids. No prizes for guessing what the main topic of conversation is. Everything that they do is done with an ulterior motive.

There was one proselytizing in lessons in our kid's school a couple of months ago, telling our little boy that he should speak to god if he does something wrong. He's only 5. How fucking dare they. They've not been seen at the school since my misses complained to the head.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #30177 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 09:20:21 »

There's a lot of mormons out here.

They're OK though. Always polite and respectful. Never had a problem with them and they know that no means no. It's the Filipino Roman Catholics that are a problem. Banging on about it at every opportunity and they're pushy, deceitful fuckers. Some of them offer free 'English' lessons to Thai kids. No prizes for guessing what the main topic of conversation is. Everything that they do is done with an ulterior motive.

There was one proselytizing in lessons in our kid's school a couple of months ago, telling our little boy that he should speak to god if he does something wrong. He's only 5. How fucking dare they. They've not been seen at the school since my misses complained to the head.

A healthy spiritual environment not assisted by Católicolytic converters in this case.

Crap!
Flashheart

« Reply #30178 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 18:32:47 »

I know that there are many 'good' vegetarians/vegans out there, and I know that there are some on here.

Fuck me, though, it's so easy at times to see how vegetarians have a bad reputation overall.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #30179 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 19:14:55 »

Nah, vege, vegan, peschi, carni - we're all cunts on here.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 2009 2010 2011 [2012] 2013 2014 2015 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: