Pages: 1 ... 1998 1999 2000 [2001] 2002 2003 2004 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5067768 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #30000 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2019, 12:40:11 »

Very sad story. Why is a 12 year old playing a game designed for adults?
There's nothing in there that says he played the game. In fact the story says he watched footage from the game with the victim. There's plenty of game footage all over YouTube, including,sadly, some of the graphic violent content from GTA. He may well have watched footage with her on YouTube. And despite the clikcbait headline, the story says "one such incident occurred" after watching this footage. It does not say it was the first,suggesting this was part of a continued pattern of assaults in which the GTA footage played a minor part. Focussing on the game avoids the far more troubling question of what the hell has gone on in this lad's head that sees that as being something he'd even think about, much less do
Flashheart

« Reply #30001 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2019, 12:46:49 »

Focussing on the game avoids the far more troubling question of what the hell has gone on in this lad's head that sees that as being something he'd even think about, much less do

Indeed. It's fucked up, game or no game.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #30002 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2019, 21:00:31 »

Thanks I bought a compression sleeve the other week to help.

I've read a wrist splint helps at night, might give that a go also.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #30003 on: Thursday, February 28, 2019, 06:29:31 »

There's nothing in there that says he played the game. In fact the story says he watched footage from the game with the victim. There's plenty of game footage all over YouTube, including,sadly, some of the graphic violent content from GTA. He may well have watched footage with her on YouTube. And despite the clikcbait headline, the story says "one such incident occurred" after watching this footage. It does not say it was the first,suggesting this was part of a continued pattern of assaults in which the GTA footage played a minor part. Focussing on the game avoids the far more troubling question of what the hell has gone on in this lad's head that sees that as being something he'd even think about, much less do
So maybe a follow on question is whether a 'game' should have rape scenes in it?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #30004 on: Thursday, February 28, 2019, 09:30:29 »

So maybe a follow on question is whether a 'game' should have rape scenes in it?
From what i understand. It doesn't. Again, from what i understand at most you see a rocking car to give the impression of a sexual act taking place.
Again, this is just what i've read. The last GTA a played properly was still in birds eye view.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30005 on: Thursday, February 28, 2019, 12:17:09 »

My name is Audrey and I have a problem.

I’m getting seriously addicted to horseradish sauce. I’ve always liked it but only had it with roast beef.

Now I have it on almost everything meaty - sandwiches or meals
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #30006 on: Thursday, February 28, 2019, 12:20:04 »

I’m getting seriously addicted to horseradish sauce. I’ve always liked it but only had it with roast beef.

If you know where to go you can did the stuff up yourself in late spring through to the autumn. Be warned it’s fucking fierce stuff, not like the tamed version from the supermarkets.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30007 on: Thursday, February 28, 2019, 12:41:13 »

I've never really had sauces on meats before but the wife has got me into horseradish, mustard and wasabi and I now love the stuff!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30008 on: Thursday, February 28, 2019, 12:43:00 »

Ive just quaffed a bacon sandwich smothered in the stuff. And I was always a ketchup man.
Flashheart

« Reply #30009 on: Thursday, February 28, 2019, 12:46:48 »

I'm with you.

I insisted on going out for a roast last Sunday. I wasn't really that bothered about the roast, it was the horseradish I was most inteersted in.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30010 on: Thursday, February 28, 2019, 12:46:55 »

Ive just quaffed a bacon sandwich smothered in the stuff. And I was always a ketchup man.

I've never really been a fan of ketchup. Always HP on bacon.

I'm sure this has been done to death, but this could run for a bit!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #30011 on: Thursday, February 28, 2019, 13:02:34 »

Isn't what David Lammy's saying racist?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47400300
Flashheart

« Reply #30012 on: Thursday, February 28, 2019, 13:19:26 »

At best it's a poor choice of words. How is skin colour relevant?

I also don't agree with his overall message that they should stop making Africa out to be desperate. Why does he think people are sending their money at all? I suspect a fuck ton of people in Africa really ARE that desperate. Ignorance from a politician? Fancy that!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30013 on: Thursday, February 28, 2019, 13:19:51 »

yeah it probably is.

what he should have said was 'talentless shit Theroux wannabes.. I would though'
Flashheart

« Reply #30014 on: Thursday, February 28, 2019, 13:25:14 »

what he should have said was 'talentless shit Theroux wannabes.. I would though'

That would work.
Pages: 1 ... 1998 1999 2000 [2001] 2002 2003 2004 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: