Pages: 1 ... 1994 1995 1996 [1997] 1998 1999 2000 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5067141 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #29940 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 10:15:48 »

Trouble is Batch, apparently HMG gave waved through something like 400 returning Isis fighters of late, without problem. This looks like a case of, for Javid, it's in the media better be seen to do something, for my leadership ambitions.

More backbone than the leader of the opposition and May TBF.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29941 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 10:20:27 »

There may be a grain of truth in that, but there are rules governing who can be stripped of British nationality Reg.

It'll go to appeal anyway.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29942 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 10:21:35 »

More backbone than the leader of the opposition and May TBF.

Totally irrelevant... the HS has to operate within the boundaries of the law... I guess the other 400 nodded back in all had watertight legal claims.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #29943 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 12:46:13 »

Hypocrisy is amazing
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #29944 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 14:03:29 »

Totally irrelevant... the HS has to operate within the boundaries of the law... I guess the other 400 nodded back in all had watertight legal claims.

I don’t believe I said anything about anything being relevant to your comment. I made a personal statement on my appraisal of the characters within my post.

Whether there are any legal grounds or discrepancies in the withdrawing of her citizenship will be made by people with far more knowledge than you or me. Hopefully she and others will be kept out by a government with a backbone that puts the safety and national interests of its citizens like me my family first.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29945 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 15:18:21 »

I don’t believe I said anything about anything being relevant to your comment. I made a personal statement on my appraisal of the characters within my post.

In which case if it is irrelevant, what is the point of appending it?   The question that is relevant, is this.... why is Javid taking such an interest in this case, after media frenzy, when simultaneously being happy to repatriate 400 other Isis fighters without problem? 
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #29946 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 11:02:23 »

Roll Eyes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/47317052
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #29947 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 12:41:48 »

In which case if it is irrelevant, what is the point of appending it?   The question that is relevant, is this.... why is Javid taking such an interest in this case, after media frenzy, when simultaneously being happy to repatriate 400 other Isis fighters without problem? 
According to yesterday's paper at least 100 others attempting to return have also been denied.  Long may it continue,  every single one should be denied.   Probably not  'happy' to repatriate the others but have had to do so due to clever 'ambulance chasing'   lawyers that we fund, who have found ways around it.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #29948 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 12:48:22 »

They should bring back Pankration.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #29949 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 12:58:02 »

They should bring back Pankration.
Which country did he represent ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #29950 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 10:09:47 »

Not really sure which thread this belongs in, but this will do.  Watched an interview yesterday given by a Chicago policeman dealing with the Jussie Smollett case.  (Jussie Smollett = the black, gay American actor accused of orchestrating an apparently homophobic & racially-motivated attack on himself in order to raise his profile.)  The policeman was really laying in to him, accusing him of damaging race relations etc.

I may - and probably am - missing something here.  What bothered me was that Jussie Smollett has not even been tried in court yet.  What happened to ‘innocent until proven guilty’?  And he has denied doing what he’s been accused of.  It seemed well out of order for the policeman to be commenting in that way.  And to make matters worse, it was a policeman making the comments.  He’s not even a member of the judiciary…but a member of the law enforcement agency (the police) that’s there to gather evidence and assist the judiciary.  Should they really be commenting publicly like this?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #29951 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 10:14:55 »

Not really sure which thread this belongs in, but this will do.  Watched an interview yesterday given by a Chicago policeman dealing with the Jussie Smollett case.  (Jussie Smollett = the black, gay American actor accused of orchestrating an apparently homophobic & racially-motivated attack on himself in order to raise his profile.)  The policeman was really laying in to him, accusing him of damaging race relations etc.

I may - and probably am - missing something here.  What bothered me was that Jussie Smollett has not even been tried in court yet.  What happened to ‘innocent until proven guilty’?  And he has denied doing what he’s been accused of.  It seemed well out of order for the policeman to be commenting in that way.  And to make matters worse, it was a policeman making the comments.  He’s not even a member of the judiciary…but a member of the law enforcement agency (the police) that’s there to gather evidence and assist the judiciary.  Should they really be commenting publicly like this?
tbf, at least he didn't just shoot him.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #29952 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 10:30:24 »

Innocent until proven guilty has gone. The "me too" campaign has seen to that.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #29953 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 10:58:43 »

Innocent until proven guilty has gone. The "me too" campaign has seen to that.
Trial by media is nothing new, the Mail and other papers have been doing that for years. And it's irrelevant to Ardiles' point which was about US law enforcement publicly assuming guilt of a suspect before trial.
Barry Scott

« Reply #29954 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 11:19:23 »

We keep missing deliveries, because delivery drivers don't press the doorbell, but knock.

I understand "some doorbells don't work", but our house is all brick and laid out in such a way (one room wide and all in a line) that if someone knocks we often only hear it if we're in one of 2 rooms. We also close doors throughout due to cold/drafts, so the noise just doesn't carry. Also not helped this week by the neighbours having building work done. But ffs, press the fucking button and knock if you don't trust the fucking thing.
Pages: 1 ... 1994 1995 1996 [1997] 1998 1999 2000 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: