Pages: 1 ... 1978 1979 1980 [1981] 1982 1983 1984 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5092984 times)
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #29700 on: Friday, January 25, 2019, 17:09:59 »

Anyone else noticed near empty pubs so far this month?

My local doing Carling at £2.60, Strongbow at £2.00 and Worthington at £1.50 a pint currently and trade is pretty good I would say.

Pint

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #29701 on: Friday, January 25, 2019, 17:29:16 »

My local doing Carling at £2.60, Strongbow at £2.00 and Worthington at £1.50 a pint currently and trade is pretty good I would say.

Pint

Not sure I would drink any of those, even at that price.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #29702 on: Friday, January 25, 2019, 19:12:05 »

Restaurants that add a service charge to the bill.

Shouldn't it be up to the customer to show their appreciation of good service and / or good food?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Flashheart

« Reply #29703 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 10:29:41 »

This is quite typical of the type of discussion one can expect to have with somebody from this part of the world. Their education system is not the finest.

Watching a movie:
Wife: Why is it cold in Japan?
Me: Because it's in a cold part of the world.
Wife: But it's in Asia
Me: Not everywhere in Asia is hot
Wife: But Thailand's hot
Me: And Japan's cold, Asia's a big place. China can also get cold and that's in Asia.
Wife: But China's close to Thailand
Me: China is thousand's of miles away from Thailand
Me: And Asia is a big continent. America is one country, but that's cold in the North and hot in the South
Wife: But America's a big country
Me: And Asia is a big continent, bigger than America.
Wife *Looks confused*
Me: Australia is just one country, do you think the climate is the same everywhere you go in Australia
Wife: Oh, fuck off.

And that, ladies and gentleman, is what it is like to be married to a Thai sometimes.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #29704 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 11:24:05 »

This is quite typical of the type of discussion one can expect to have with somebody from this part of the world. Their education system is not the finest.

Watching a movie:
Me: And Japan's cold, Asia's a big place. China can also get cold and that's in Asia.
Me: And Asia is a big continent. America is one country, but that's cold in the North and hot in the South
Wife *Looks confused*
Me: Australia is just one country, do you think the climate is the same everywhere you go in Australia

And that, ladies and gentleman, is what it is like to be married to a Thai sometimes.
Its not just a Thai education thing mate, I used to have similar "discussions" with my Headlands educated ex wife, hence now she is my ex wife.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #29705 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 11:44:12 »

I've got a headlands educated wife and she normally just says fuck off at the start of the conversation. Saves time and energy.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29706 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 11:46:58 »

I've got a headlands educated wife and she normally just says fuck off at the start of the conversation. Saves time and energy.
That sounds very familiar.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #29707 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 11:53:29 »

Surprise surprise, I was also Headlands educated.

You bunch of cunts.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29708 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 12:15:45 »

Surprise surprise, I was also Headlands educated.

You bunch of cunts.
So were both my sons and a lot of my old mates, my ex wife was a twat though and it wouldnt matter what school she attended TBF! Cheesy

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #29709 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 12:44:33 »

Is it as weird as France where  my step mother had to formally adopt me (I was in my 30's at the time) due to the strange inheritance laws over there.

Explains a lot. Poor woman.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #29710 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 12:46:24 »

Watching a movie:
Wife *Looks confused*

It’s a global phenomenon I think you’ll find. Even among ‘educated’ people of both sexes.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #29711 on: Sunday, January 27, 2019, 09:59:20 »

seemingly STFC always falling behind and having to watch the oppo players supine on the ground for about 20 minutes during the second half.  I'd have signalled for a stretcher for the Creepy keeper yesterday.  For those of a certain age, I just loved the way those Golf buggy-stretcher carriers whizzed on in the World Cup in the USA.  At the site of their approach, writhing players recovered miraculously and more speedily than Lazarus.

On a separate note, I recall the Creepy forum complaining like hell about our time wasting antics when we had had to defend a lead with 9 men earlier in the season!
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 27, 2019, 10:01:52 by RedRag » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #29712 on: Sunday, January 27, 2019, 17:54:32 »

Restaurants that add a service charge to the bill.

Shouldn't it be up to the customer to show their appreciation of good service and / or good food?

I agree, but I think this is usually more high end places where multiple people share the task of serving a table.  The idea is that it goes into a central pool to be shared.  Over here they show you how much to add in most places - give some recommendations at say 15%, 18% and 20%.  To be fair to them, they deserve it over here as their tips go towards their salary - so a restaurant can pay below minimum wage as a result.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #29713 on: Sunday, January 27, 2019, 17:55:54 »

Which brings me to the IRS - just had three goes at working out my tax return and got three different answers.  Have to read up on two different tax laws to figure out the variation and get the right one.  Never thought I'd miss HMRC!!!!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #29714 on: Monday, January 28, 2019, 09:25:42 »

B&Q....

We went there before Christmas, after checking with the guy behind the counter that there was no plan to change the range in the near future (the paint was on sale) bought a load of paint samples. The missus finally decided what we wanted so we went to buy it on Saturday only to discover that they have changed the whole range so the colours chosen were not available.

Cue more samples and a trip again yesterday to buy some paint, setting aside the pain factor its also a 40 odd mile round trip each time! Snotty complaint is forthcoming!
Pages: 1 ... 1978 1979 1980 [1981] 1982 1983 1984 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: