Pages: 1 ... 1968 1969 1970 [1971] 1972 1973 1974 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5086116 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #29550 on: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 16:25:42 »

It's not constantly up ,AFAIK there were 2 sightings last night and the last sighting was before midday today.

MOD called in, presumably to track the things, but surely they will have got the hell out of dodge by now.

This should be a giggle, I am not sure what part of our military hardware we can actually operate within Trump's agreement (I know we are not allowed to use Trident, but that would perhaps be overkill for Gatwick?  Wink Cheesy)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29551 on: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 16:30:53 »

In just my 2nd day of working in my new home/office, I have managed to spill Bovril down a wall.

It's beginning to feel like home already.

Ahh Bovri! Man after my own heart. Love the stuff, it'll probably kill me.  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #29552 on: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 16:45:45 »

What are the odds that the trouble at Gatwick is linked to Russia in the coming days?  Can you imagine the sh*tstorm that would follow?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #29553 on: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 16:51:12 »

What are the odds that the trouble at Gatwick is linked to Russia in the coming days?  Can you imagine the sh*tstorm that would follow?
Yep, we'd be outraged to the point of wagging our fingers at them while they piss themselves laughing. We certainly gave them a good finger wagging over Salisbury.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #29554 on: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 16:56:03 »

Theresa: 'Vladimir, you need to know that I'm terribly cross about this!'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #29555 on: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 17:09:11 »

It's not constantly up ,AFAIK there were 2 sightings last night and the last sighting was before midday today.

MOD called in, presumably to track the things, but surely they will have got the hell out of dodge by now.

Yeah pretty obvious it's been back and forth for recharges (likely have two, rolling the next one out as the other comes in). I would assume that whoever is behind it (not kids although that'd be some bloody good scheming) is using a vehicle to launch from random remote locations? Making it a bit harder to tie down. However, you'd think the authorities would have a GPS on it now or just plain old fashioned watch where the damn thing is being flown back to and make an approach or at least watch to see what point of degree it moves to next. If the angle keeps getting wider they aren't likely to back track.

I'm going to hedge my bets on an activist org like Anonymous or GreenPeace (who often seek less peace than they claim, not necessarily their supporters).

The strangest part is it has taken it to get to the Army involved, to track the source! Which leads me to this;

When our use of EU Military Satellite Galileo, is rescinded after Brexit, would we even be capable of tracking something similar if another group did the same, in say April 2019?

'Incessant Nonsense'

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #29556 on: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 17:10:45 »

What are the odds that the trouble at Gatwick is linked to Russia in the coming days?  Can you imagine the sh*tstorm that would follow?

Nah, Vlad and Tezza are best mates now!

Vlad: sod that Theresa, have you delivered my Brexit yet, it cost me a lot of money
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 17:15:06 by horlock07 » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #29557 on: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 17:13:41 »

When our use of EU Military Satellite Galileo, is rescinded after Brexit, would we even be capable of tracking something similar if another group did the same, in say April 2019?

Bloody Project Fear again, we will just scramble the Spitfires and all will be fine, then back home for tea and medals! 
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #29558 on: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 17:29:15 »

Serious point though, they seem to only be seeing them every couple of hours, I asume now its dark they will have to suspend everything?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #29559 on: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 17:40:36 »

Putin: Glupaya zhenshchina!

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #29560 on: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 17:42:39 »

Bloody Project Fear again, we will just scramble the Spitfires and all will be fine, then back home for tea and medals! 

Haha, no project fear here! The Government has recently come out and said they've ended any negotiations on access to the military sensitive signal from Galileo and aren't exploring a deal to use the USA's GPS. They will look to, in their words 'build our own GNSS'. Further;

The EU has said its rules mean the UK will be excluded from the more militarily sensitive parts of Galileo and the UK government has said that it will not continue to seek access to these for military purposes after Brexit. It said this is because of the EU’s reluctance to allow a non-member country to be involved in the development of the project’s secure elements. As a result, the UK is looking into building its own satellite navigations system. Fullfact.org Dec 4th 2018

A GNSS of our own would cost in the region of £5bn (knowing the UK on major projects it'll cost more).

Tea and medals part sounds fantastic! Not sure the Spitfires are up to the job anymore though Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #29561 on: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 18:02:45 »

That was my thought tbh. It's too sustained to be kids or pranksters, so it's deliberate disruption. The cops have ruled out terrorism (how?) so that leaves foreign govts or the whole thing's a massive coverup for aliens landing in Terminal 2.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #29562 on: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 19:57:13 »

Drone keeps reappearing every time they think about reopening the airport. Whoever is behind this is running rings around the security services...which is cause for concern in itself.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29563 on: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 20:02:56 »

Was just watching the news. BBC still report the last sighting was noon. But that has to be BS/stale news.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #29564 on: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 23:03:35 »

Was just watching the news. BBC still report the last sighting was noon. But that has to be BS/stale news.
Story on BBC website with quote from Cooper...

Speaking at 21:30 GMT he said the situation remained "fluid", as the drone had been spotted again less than an hour earlier.
Pages: 1 ... 1968 1969 1970 [1971] 1972 1973 1974 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: