Pages: 1 ... 1963 1964 1965 [1966] 1967 1968 1969 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047345 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29475 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 21:58:43 »

Whatever happened to the great British tradition of forming an orderly queue?
Bus stops, taxi ranks etc, it just seems like a mass free for all these days.

Maybe the reintroduction of ration cards next April will see a return to some good neighbourly values.

In better news for you WB, I see that Wetherspoons are looking to open a new place in Wolverhampton, which will include a museum to mark the 40 years of the company's history. I'd imagine Martin will make sure that the ration cards are for British beer, rather than the Continental stuff which will have a high WTO tariff.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #29476 on: Friday, December 14, 2018, 08:56:31 »

In better news for you WB, I see that Wetherspoons are looking to open a new place in Wolverhampton, which will include a museum to mark the 40 years of the company's history. I'd imagine Martin will make sure that the ration cards are for British beer, rather than the Continental stuff which will have a high WTO tariff.

Martin gets on my nerves.
Too much of his propaganda in the pubs.
I've noticed that Wetherspoons are becoming much busier but without an increase in staff of course.
They are a good option in London though. A pint and a packet of crisps and still have change from a fiver.
Although had to leave the Crosse Keys yesterday after waiting for 20 minutes to get served.
Then again most pubs in central London seem very busy on a Thursday and Friday.
Don't these people do any work.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #29477 on: Friday, December 14, 2018, 09:09:54 »

Christmas jumpers. Today is the Day apparently.
The ones with the traditional Nordic patterns are pretty cool.
Everything else looks to be tat.
Wouldn't it be better to not buy this crap and just give all of the money direct to the charity?

It must be the ultimate nightmare in the workplace to have Christmas jumpers and Secret Santa on the same day.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29478 on: Friday, December 14, 2018, 12:00:12 »

Martin gets on my nerves.
Too much of his propaganda in the pubs.
I've noticed that Wetherspoons are becoming much busier but without an increase in staff of course.
They are a good option in London though. A pint and a packet of crisps and still have change from a fiver.
Although had to leave the Crosse Keys yesterday after waiting for 20 minutes to get served.
Then again most pubs in central London seem very busy on a Thursday and Friday.
Don't these people do any work.

A mate whose daughter lives near The Barbican informs me that people no longer work much on a Friday, using that as a day to withdraw to their second homes for the weekend. 

Hence pubs and restaurants are busy on a Thursday, but less so on a Friday.  I don't know about this shit, as I try to avoid London as much as possible.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #29479 on: Friday, December 14, 2018, 12:41:23 »

Christmas jumpers. Today is the Day apparently.
The ones with the traditional Nordic patterns are pretty cool.
Everything else looks to be tat.
Wouldn't it be better to not buy this crap and just give all of the money direct to the charity?

It must be the ultimate nightmare in the workplace to have Christmas jumpers and Secret Santa on the same day.

I try to get round this by dressing like a twat all year.
Panda Paws

« Reply #29480 on: Friday, December 14, 2018, 12:44:46 »

A mate whose daughter lives near The Barbican informs me that people no longer work much on a Friday, using that as a day to withdraw to their second homes for the weekend. 

Hence pubs and restaurants are busy on a Thursday, but less so on a Friday.  I don't know about this shit, as I try to avoid London as much as possible.

Your "mate" is talking bollocks, as I'm sure you know.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #29481 on: Friday, December 14, 2018, 12:55:34 »

I try to get round this by dressing like a twat all year.

Grin

Crap!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #29482 on: Friday, December 14, 2018, 13:18:32 »

Was promoted about 6 months ago and now report into a team based in the US.

Without blowing my own trumpet, I've done quite well and have been asked to lead a mini project and have been told who my resources are.
Let's just say it hasn't been received too well by some my "resources" who have been with the team for a hell of a lot longer than me.
This is not going to be fun...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #29483 on: Friday, December 14, 2018, 13:41:13 »

Without blowing my own trumpet, I've done quite well and have been asked to lead a mini project and have been told who my resources are.
Let's just say it hasn't been received too well by some my "resources" who have been with the team for a hell of a lot longer than me.
Maybe it's their "Buggins turn" mentality that has seen you promoted over them. Clearly the first thing you should do is start with an Alan Sugar style cull of some of the more prominent refuseniks to frighten the others into line and provide everyone with some gratifying entertainment at their expense.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #29484 on: Friday, December 14, 2018, 17:30:16 »

Do you reckon making a right cheeky offer on a house pisses off the sellers?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #29485 on: Friday, December 14, 2018, 18:04:41 »

You have to ask yourself would it piss you off? and you have the answer.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #29486 on: Friday, December 14, 2018, 18:31:42 »

It'd piss me off, to the point I'd rather not sell to you... the more pragmatic Mrs Donkey would probably convince me of a change of heart,  though.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #29487 on: Friday, December 14, 2018, 19:22:28 »

Most of your USA resources are probably fire at will people, so will be shitting it.  That can lead some to put lots of effort in but not stick their head above the parapet.  I see this quite a bit, especially in the South, not so much an issue in the NYC/LA area though.  There does seem to be much more of what I would say is an old factory approach - the longest serving get promotions, so when upstarts from across the pond go all "much more effective" on them, it does upset the apple cart a little.  good luck, they'll soon fall into line once they worry about their jobs.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29488 on: Friday, December 14, 2018, 19:24:03 »

yeah, give it time to settle.

if they are that bothered they'll leave
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #29489 on: Friday, December 14, 2018, 20:01:42 »

Yes
Pages: 1 ... 1963 1964 1965 [1966] 1967 1968 1969 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: