Pages: 1 ... 1951 1952 1953 [1954] 1955 1956 1957 ... 2653   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5036447 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #29295 on: Friday, November 9, 2018, 13:50:07 »

The good old black gunk that appears after blowing or excavating the nose after a few journeys on London Underground.

Caused by various types of dust apparently.
Strangely, by all accounts, after a while regular commuters on the underground no longer notice it.
The body must adapt and all the toxic shit just gets absorbed.

Using the Bakerloo or Northern line is akin to descending into the pit of Hades.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29296 on: Sunday, November 11, 2018, 11:22:51 »

Grey pubes. I can ignore my wrinkles, receding hairline and salt and pepper stubble. But looking down when I pee is unavoidable. Thanks mother nature. Oh, and I'm not shaving down there, I don't want to look like a 12 year old kid.

And the Link cashpoint machine UI. I want cash. Just cash. As per the button I pushed marked "cash only" not the one with "cash and receipt" not the one with "cash and balance on screen" so don't keep asking me if I want a receipt and to see my balance after I've selected "cash". Go look at a Lloyds cashpoint and go back and do it properly.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #29297 on: Sunday, November 11, 2018, 12:26:11 »

Grey pubes. I can ignore my wrinkles, receding hairline and salt and pepper stubble. But looking down when I pee is unavoidable. Thanks mother nature. Oh, and I'm not shaving down there, I don't want to look like a 12 year old kid.
.....not forgetting that your balls now probably hang down further than your nob (I'm guessing.... Wink) as well.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #29298 on: Sunday, November 11, 2018, 13:18:56 »

"Buster" Batch  Smiley
Barry Scott

« Reply #29299 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 15:59:01 »

The electrician fitted a new thermostat for me and it’s a new modern energy saving piece of shit.

Apparently new thermostats have to work with temp as their governing main rule, as opposed to time as it’s apparently more efficient. Well that’s fucking bollocks and I HATE our thermostat.

This is how it works. You choose a program (P1-P6) and a time, much like a normal thermostat. Then you also set a temp, which so far seems fairly ok. So let’s say I choose p1, 07:00, 21 degrees. I can’t say for how long here, it just aims for 21 and then maintains that unless otherwise told.

So P2 acts like the off. You do this by picking another time, say 07:30, and choosing a new temp, say 18 degrees. You can choose a really low temp, so it’s very off, or a temp like 18 so it treats it like a base and keeps temp at 18 or above.

So far it all seems fairly acceptable, the really, really, really wanky problem though is that you can’t press a button to have an hour’s heat. You have to dial in a higher temp on the thermostat as an override that the heating now has to hit.

The problem with this is unless you turn it back down it won’t do anything until a program within the thermostat tells it otherwise.

So what happens is, and this is very inefficient, you get cold at night and you turn it up, then you fall asleep, then 4 hours later the temp wakes you up because you’re as hot as the sun and you have to turn it down to a lower temp.

This sometimes involves getting up and searching out the thermostat. It’s almost always involves sweat, frustration and disrupted sleep. If you decide to do nothing it’ll remain battering you with heat until the P2 18 degree target kicks in.

In about the last 2 weeks, we’ve had problems with this on a number of nights.

And that’s not the only issue caused by this. Go out and forget you’ve turned it up a degree or two just before you left and you come home to a hot house where your heating has been trying to maintain a hot temp for the last 6 hours with no one in.

Why can’t it just give me an hours heat on demand?

All this efficiency is going to put my energy usage up loads and it’s pissing me right off. I am about to find a simpler solution to this stupid piece of shit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29300 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 16:11:37 »

that does sound shit.

we have a very basic 'cosy' system (a bit like nest).

time bands and 2 temperatures, and use app/thermostat button to turn it on to one of the two temps for hour increments outside the programmed on times.

didn't think programming just 2  temps would work, but it's fine.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #29301 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 18:21:39 »

The electrician fitted a new thermostat for me and it’s a new modern energy saving piece of shit.

Apparently new thermostats have to work with temp as their governing main rule, as opposed to time as it’s apparently more efficient. Well that’s fucking bollocks and I HATE our thermostat.

This is how it works. You choose a program (P1-P6) and a time, much like a normal thermostat. Then you also set a temp, which so far seems fairly ok. So let’s say I choose p1, 07:00, 21 degrees. I can’t say for how long here, it just aims for 21 and then maintains that unless otherwise told.

So P2 acts like the off. You do this by picking another time, say 07:30, and choosing a new temp, say 18 degrees. You can choose a really low temp, so it’s very off, or a temp like 18 so it treats it like a base and keeps temp at 18 or above.

So far it all seems fairly acceptable, the really, really, really wanky problem though is that you can’t press a button to have an hour’s heat. You have to dial in a higher temp on the thermostat as an override that the heating now has to hit.

The problem with this is unless you turn it back down it won’t do anything until a program within the thermostat tells it otherwise.

So what happens is, and this is very inefficient, you get cold at night and you turn it up, then you fall asleep, then 4 hours later the temp wakes you up because you’re as hot as the sun and you have to turn it down to a lower temp.

This sometimes involves getting up and searching out the thermostat. It’s almost always involves sweat, frustration and disrupted sleep. If you decide to do nothing it’ll remain battering you with heat until the P2 18 degree target kicks in.

In about the last 2 weeks, we’ve had problems with this on a number of nights.

And that’s not the only issue caused by this. Go out and forget you’ve turned it up a degree or two just before you left and you come home to a hot house where your heating has been trying to maintain a hot temp for the last 6 hours with no one in.

Why can’t it just give me an hours heat on demand?

All this efficiency is going to put my energy usage up loads and it’s pissing me right off. I am about to find a simpler solution to this stupid piece of shit.

We have one of those. It’s called Honey Well. Seems to work fine.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Barry Scott

« Reply #29302 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 18:24:39 »

that does sound shit.

we have a very basic 'cosy' system (a bit like nest).

time bands and 2 temperatures, and use app/thermostat button to turn it on to one of the two temps for hour increments outside the programmed on times.

didn't think programming just 2  temps would work, but it's fine.

Not heard of cosy, just looked and seems decent. I was leaning away from a smart thermostat, but after this shit, I might give cosy or Tado a shot.

We have one of those. It’s called Honey Well. Seems to work fine.

It's all I wanted, just a dial and a button where I can add extra hours.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29303 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 19:05:41 »

I don't think cosy are anywhere near hive/nest . we only use it because it was a free sweetener to sign up to the energy company.

does the job, don't get me wrong
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #29304 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 19:57:52 »

Our thermostat is like that Barry. Ours is above a radiator though, which is definitely not annoying.

Things get better but they never get good
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #29305 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 12:48:54 »

Mine is like that so I just set it to manual mode, 21C, 24 hours a day. Coupled with this I manuallay adjusted the controls on each radiator to make upstairs a bit colder than downstairs. Works fine.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29306 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 15:39:40 »

That you have to wait an hour to add additional karma points.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29307 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 15:58:29 »

People who put bets on illegally, knowing full well their wager is based upon information they have received  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #29308 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 17:39:25 »

My greyhound took off after 3 muntjac deer at the back of John Lewis. Selective deafness, the shagger!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29309 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 17:40:40 »

My greyhound took off after 3 muntjac deer at the back of John Lewis. Selective deafness, the shagger!

See from that outset, that amuses me Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 1951 1952 1953 [1954] 1955 1956 1957 ... 2653   Go Up
Print
Jump to: