Pages: 1 ... 1949 1950 1951 [1952] 1953 1954 1955 ... 2653   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5035975 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #29265 on: Thursday, November 1, 2018, 19:58:39 »

Those commentators on the footy who have to apologise for any bad language you may have heard from the crowd.

Who really cares.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29266 on: Thursday, November 1, 2018, 20:06:27 »

Those commentators on the footy who have to apologise for any bad language you may have heard from the crowd.

Who really cares.

The same people who, when in a family area at a football match, have to put up with constant swearing from a so called adult that can't control their emotions. Not quite as well as a most of the kids they're surrounded by.

On TV though, even live broadcast has a delay so there is no excuse really. They can mute out pick up.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29267 on: Thursday, November 1, 2018, 20:06:34 »

Huh, there was literally no delay in real speed!

Those bitter Jambos though 😂

Disappointed to read there are Hobos on the Town End Forum Sad

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #29268 on: Thursday, November 1, 2018, 20:07:52 »

You realise that footage is in slow motion and if you look closely he tries to avoid hitting the bench yet still catches it on the way down. If anything he was trying to protect himself from further injury. Not that it matters but it was a pound coin and not a 5p. Pound coin has similar weight to a shot. So not the nicest thing to be struck with at velocity.

If it had been a hibs fan it would have been a Penny at best

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29269 on: Thursday, November 1, 2018, 20:15:07 »

If it had been a hibs fan it would have been a Penny at best

Nae a ken wha it be. A fuckin' bawbee!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #29270 on: Friday, November 2, 2018, 12:18:43 »

People who when saying goodbye on the phone say "bye" multiple times

"bye, bye , bye , bye, bye" and then hang up. What's wrong with a singular "Bye"
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #29271 on: Friday, November 2, 2018, 12:26:43 »

And those who begin telephone conversations knowing full well the train is about to go into a tunnel, yet continue to ask "hello, are you still there, I can't hear you" multiple times.

I come from a land down-under
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #29272 on: Friday, November 2, 2018, 12:38:33 »

And those who begin telephone conversations knowing full well the train is about to go into a tunnel, yet continue to ask "hello, are you still there, I can't hear you" multiple times.

Telephone conversations on public transport should be banned in my opinion. (emergency calls only) I also don't know why people on trains or buses feel the need to increase the volume of their voice so the other passengers have to listen to their inane conversations.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #29273 on: Friday, November 2, 2018, 12:44:48 »

and I am fully aware there is a quiet carriage on a train, but my ire is more for bus journeys where you are more packed amongst more people.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #29274 on: Friday, November 2, 2018, 14:28:41 »

People in general who talk loudly whilst on the phone. There's a dick who stands outside my workplace some lunchtimes, I can hear his conversation through a closed window from 50 yards away. STFU!!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #29275 on: Friday, November 2, 2018, 18:15:32 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45765767

This annoyed me for a number of reasons but mainly and controversially, what else could the airport have done other than offer him a wheelchair? Which he declined.
Now he’s threatening to sue them... i don’t see how he can?
It’s clearly unfortunate, and everyone has lost luggage at times on planes, it’s just his happened to be EXTREMELY important. But I can’t see what else the airport can do other than what they’ve tried?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #29276 on: Friday, November 2, 2018, 18:22:46 »

I was going to wade in with the fact that turning down a push from someone on the basis it degraded him was probably a bit odd given he then pulled himself along the floor.  However, is the story actually suggesting that the airport does not have normal wheelchairs, which it seems he could have used given he has the use of his arms?  If so, fair enough on it making the press - the airport would indeed be a long way behind others in that regard. I even got offered one once when I had a bad foot and my Dad was given a motorised lift when he left a cane behind as he had a flare up with his arthritis.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 2, 2018, 18:24:53 by RobertT » Logged
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #29277 on: Friday, November 2, 2018, 18:44:03 »

Quagmire, quite understand that it might look like an over-reaction.  Militancy can be tiresome.

However, if you were active disabled and suffered all sorts of indignities every day of the week you might feel differently.  You might feel emotionally battered and want to militate for yourself and others in your situation.

Personal dignity always and independence wherever possible should be prioritised in public places.  Luton airport processes 1m. passengers a month I believe, so really no excuses in it not having even a buggy like most airports.  Pretty shoddy imo so I am more annoyed by Luton Airport!
« Last Edit: Friday, November 2, 2018, 18:45:55 by RedRag » Logged
Barry Scott

« Reply #29278 on: Friday, November 2, 2018, 19:07:11 »

In some respects I think he’s been a twat, in others I think it’s quite a good way to draw attention to a problem.

It doesn’t actually say on the article that he was offered a wheelchair, but a “rigid high backed chair”. Is this an office chair?

It also says they’d strap him in, common in health and safety terms for the disabled, so would certainly be rather demeaning, although doing what he did doesn’t exactly seem a more sensible alternative.

Maybe he has a point. And it’s got people talking so might achieve something.
woolster

« Reply #29279 on: Friday, November 2, 2018, 22:16:01 »

Being in Blackpool and having to put up with pissed up Brizzle wovers muppets
Pages: 1 ... 1949 1950 1951 [1952] 1953 1954 1955 ... 2653   Go Up
Print
Jump to: