Pages: 1 ... 1944 1945 1946 [1947] 1948 1949 1950 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5064655 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29190 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 14:51:08 »

Ohh Chubbs you don't have go and sightsee. Go find a nice place to indulge some tasty food. Can recommend the not so French sounding "Burger & Fries" which is also pretty cheap as is A La Biere. To really get amongst it and feel more a local than a tourist, do go and try out my namesake (I went here because it had my name but turned out great!) Le Bambou. Vietnamese and for central Paris its again well priced.

Don't stay in your room mate Smiley

https://www.le-bambou.com/en/

Could go and look up Froggy.... to discuss Voltaire and the whether the foreign policy of Napoleon III had any impact on STFC's current state, over a glass of something civilised.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #29191 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 15:10:03 »

Ought to go on the bevvy with Red Frog.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29192 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 15:10:19 »

Not that I’d expect you disclose

...but...I’m curious as to how your wages in your locations compare to mine compared to houses price difference.
We paid £275,000 for a brand new, 3 story, 4 bed two years ago

Sounds like I’d get half a cardboard box in London.
I guess the wages don’t difference as much or it would be easier to buy I guess?!

I think at this stage you would be lucky to get a studio flat in some god forsaken area of London for that kind of money.

We live in Battersea and our 2 bed ground floor flat with a small 'garden' is valued at £500,000+ (I don't know how much exactly) The nearby power station renovation has studio apartments at over a million which is frankly ludicrous.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29193 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 15:14:20 »

off to Paris tomorrow for work. Apart from going on Saturday for an hour or so i have the whole weekend to myself and i honestly haven't got a care in the world for doing any form of sightseeing on my own.
I was hoping PSG might be playing at home but no joy there.
I will literally spend the weekend in my hotel room watching tv shows or films.

I just googled Paris FC as I am sure they were a lower league club and quite surprised to see they are 7th in the French second division. Looks like there could be a Paris derby next season.

Sadly they are away to Auxerre this weekend. Not that they sound particularly exiting, their last 3 games have been 0-0, 0-1 and 0-0! Swindonesque!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #29194 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 15:53:05 »

You can get a 2 bed flat in Dagenham for 160 grand. That'll do.
Panda Paws

« Reply #29195 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 15:56:08 »

Not that I’d expect you disclose

...but...I’m curious as to how your wages in your locations compare to mine compared to houses price difference.
We paid £275,000 for a brand new, 3 story, 4 bed two years ago

Sounds like I’d get half a cardboard box in London.
I guess the wages don’t difference as much or it would be easier to buy I guess?!

Wages aren't going to differ massively for a lot of regular jobs. Public sector jobs, mid-level roles etc hence why the chances of buying a house for most people is less than zero.

It will come to a head eventually though. Everyone who is sitting in a normal yet ludicrously overpriced house will die or sell. Unless property just stays in the family, prices have to normalise. There's streets and streets of 1930s semis where I am (Buckhurst Hill) which go for a minimum £600k. The market to buy at that level is getting smaller and smaller, but the supply won't dwindle until the prices do.
Panda Paws

« Reply #29196 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 15:57:24 »

You can get a 2 bed flat in Dagenham for 160 grand. That'll do.

I doubt you can, and I doubt any of us would willingly live there either.

Would be a good investment opp though, so long as you're willing to be a bit flexible on the quality of your tenant.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29197 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 17:08:41 »

I think at this stage you would be lucky to get a studio flat in some god forsaken area of London for that kind of money.

We live in Battersea and our 2 bed ground floor flat with a small 'garden' is valued at £500,000+ (I don't know how much exactly) The nearby power station renovation has studio apartments at over a million which is frankly ludicrous.

Having lived near the Hampshire/Berks/Wilts border (a little South-West of Newbury), I can only share my frustration/joy in the difference in prices within just a 10 mile radius. For each county I could, for "just" £150k get a one bedroom box (flat) in Hampshire. In Berks I could get a slightly more tarted up one bed box. In Wilts I could get nice box with maybe an extra bedroom/study and a separate kitchen. Now I was on a modest living and if I allowed any loosening of the scope to buy then we were looking at £300k for a "normal" 2 up 2 down terrace.

I moved to Derbyshire/Notts border (which isn't as far north as it seems to some). Trains from Derby/Notts every 20-30mins to nodnoL and take around 1hr30mins. Also decent bus network, thanks largely to TrentBarton with routes to Derby/Nottingham every 10-15mins. On top of that the Peak District is a mere cockstride away. Easy access to the M1 and East Mids Airport too. "Oh well lucky you, ya cunt". My point is, you'd think this would come at a premium. It seemingly doesn't (and it's not because everywhere round here is a shithole).

For comparison;

My friend sold a 3 bed semi for £150k. The top end would be £170k, bottom end £120k. In fact there's a 2 bed semi, new build for £110k.

Let's say BO wants to get out of the Rat-Race and leave his 2 bed flat in Battersea. £500-£550k he could get here today...

This https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54998851.html for £550k

This https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64259599.html for £525k

or
This https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-68966687.html for £500k

I'd go for the £550k one myself.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #29198 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 17:17:41 »

Who'd want to live in London?  No
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #29199 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 17:32:00 »

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #29200 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 17:36:27 »

2 bedroom Victorian terraced houses are going for over £250,000 in BS3. It's nuts.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #29201 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 17:45:53 »

Haha, Matlock has some stunning little places. It's like a mini Bakewell, just not as many Hunter Boots/North Face Jacket/Plastic Farmers RaaRaa types.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #29202 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 17:50:06 »

2 bedroom Victorian terraced houses are going for over £250,000 in BS3. It's nuts.

My sis used to live in Redland, BS6...same spec 2 bed Vic Terrace Flat are now around £360k - £400k. Crazy.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #29203 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 18:27:23 »

Why we are not winning games and are not run away leaders in the Premier League!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #29204 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 21:09:42 »

Ohh Chubbs you don't have go and sightsee. Go find a nice place to indulge some tasty food. Can recommend the not so French sounding "Burger & Fries" which is also pretty cheap as is A La Biere. To really get amongst it and feel more a local than a tourist, do go and try out my namesake (I went here because it had my name but turned out great!) Le Bambou. Vietnamese and for central Paris its again well priced.

Don't stay in your room mate Smiley

https://www.le-bambou.com/en/
Cheers mate, if there’s one thing I plan on doing it eating. Makes it better that I’m not paying.
Problem I have is I am very self conscious about eating alone so I normally stuck to take out or fast food.
Pages: 1 ... 1944 1945 1946 [1947] 1948 1949 1950 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: