Pages: 1 ... 1943 1944 1945 [1946] 1947 1948 1949 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5083725 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #29175 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 12:15:36 »

Eldene Surgery or Eldene Health Centre? The recptionist in the HC is so fucking dim it's painful.

Not even sure what it’s called anymore

Think it’s the health centre. They changed all the receptionists a couple of months back. Had more issues with them in that time than my family has had for the previous 35 years
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #29176 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 15:06:19 »

I went there to fix their network connection and they wouldn't let me in! She kept asking who I worked for. What does it say on my badge you cretin? Once I finally did get in, they didn't know where the key to the computer room was. It was in the key cupboard, labelled "computer room".
diggers

Ignore
« Reply #29177 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 15:10:20 »

I went there to fix their network connection and they wouldn't let me in! She kept asking who I worked for. What does it say on my badge you cretin? Once I finally did get in, they didn't know where the key to the computer room was. It was in the key cupboard, labelled "computer room".

I wouldn't have let you in either.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #29178 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 18:11:51 »

Not even sure what it’s called anymore

Think it’s the health centre. They changed all the receptionists a couple of months back. Had more issues with them in that time than my family has had for the previous 35 years

Fuck me. This old Tory boy uses his paid for NI & Tax for dental care there. Luckily for me and my myriad of off shore accounts to ptotect my millionaire salary. Tsk, tsk, who’d own up to be a working class Tory in this site eh?

Guffaw, fufaw. The dental side is excellent. After paying private dentistry for years it took an NHS establishment to tell me poor teeth were as a result of DNA not poor hygiene.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #29179 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 07:21:13 »

The ‘new’ road layout at the coate water roundabout. Coming from dorcan, you approach the roundabout and the road markings indicate left lane for the M4, right lane for old town/Town Centre

And then you get on the roundabout and it turns out the only way to go up Marlborough road (I.e. old town) was to be In the left hand lane

Things get better but they never get good
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #29180 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 09:30:10 »

House prices being so unreasonably high in Berkshire that a move back to Swindon is starting to become quite tempting.
Panda Paws

« Reply #29181 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 09:38:26 »

House prices being so unreasonably high in Berkshire that a move back to Swindon is starting to become quite tempting.

The housing crisis, particularly in the SE, is far from trivial.

We're looking to buy in Essex. 550k plus for a nice three-bed semi/terrace with a manageable commute. Crazy money, but we'll get there. Most families won't, and that's the terrifying thing.

Luckily the market is being swamped with people trying to get their money out before it crashes thanks to Brexit, and it's quite quickly turning into a buyers market, so there is a readjustment coming.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #29182 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 11:00:25 »

I'll get little sympathy for playing my central-London violin, but a passable 1 bed flat in my area is something like 450k. Everyone I know of my parents' generation is obsessed with us buying, but it's not even on my radar beyond loyally paying in to a Help to Buy ISA out of habit more than anything. I'm sure that £400 a month will add up to a deposit real soon...

Are you seeing house prices shooting up because of Crossrail Tails? or just general London exodus?
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 11:03:33 by Nemo » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #29183 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 11:05:50 »

I'll get little sympathy for playing my central-London violin, but a passable 1 bed flat in my area is something like 450k. Everyone I know of my parents' generation is obsessed with us buying, but it's not even on my radar beyond loyally paying in to a Help to Buy ISA out of habit more than anything. I'm sure that £400 a month will add up to a deposit real soon...

Same on the sympathy front - not looking for it and don't want it, and we'll be just about fine, eventually.

And yet it's your parent's generation (I'm guessing) that has benefited so dramatically from unsustainable property rises.

Normal families round our way are sitting on 700k+ houses, can't believe their luck and want to get the money out, but the % of people who can move into those houses is tiny compared to when they were bought.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #29184 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 12:04:32 »

Not that I’d expect you disclose

...but...I’m curious as to how your wages in your locations compare to mine compared to houses price difference.
We paid £275,000 for a brand new, 3 story, 4 bed two years ago

Sounds like I’d get half a cardboard box in London.
I guess the wages don’t difference as much or it would be easier to buy I guess?!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #29185 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 12:49:31 »

Are you seeing house prices shooting up because of Crossrail Tails? or just general London exodus?

Yep Crossrail has seen prices shoot up in Reading to the Bracknell area. I've lived in Wokingham for 3 years which I absolutely love but realistically I simply cannot afford it. I could get a small 2 bed house here or a decent size 4 bed (brand new as well) in Swindon. Development jobs pay far, far better this way but I fucking hate commuting, even if its only for an hour or so.

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world as I still come back to Swindon a lot to see mates, family, STFC etc... But for me, Swindon is not a particularly nice town to live in (sorry if that upsets a few people)

You're right about the generation above. We're getting horrendous pressure from both sides of the family to buy a house and have a family now we're both pushing 30 which is really fucking irritating.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #29186 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 13:07:28 »

off to Paris tomorrow for work. Apart from going on Saturday for an hour or so i have the whole weekend to myself and i honestly haven't got a care in the world for doing any form of sightseeing on my own.
I was hoping PSG might be playing at home but no joy there.
I will literally spend the weekend in my hotel room watching tv shows or films.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29187 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 14:16:42 »

But for me, Swindon is not a particularly nice town to live in (sorry if that upsets a few people)

One of Swindon's problems is the cunts who move in because of the relatively cheap housing, commute,  moan about the place, and don't bring anything to the party beyond air pollution and pressure on local services. They've brought the place right down.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #29188 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 14:22:26 »

What Reg said.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29189 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 14:42:47 »

off to Paris tomorrow for work. Apart from going on Saturday for an hour or so i have the whole weekend to myself and i honestly haven't got a care in the world for doing any form of sightseeing on my own.
I was hoping PSG might be playing at home but no joy there.
I will literally spend the weekend in my hotel room watching tv shows or films.

Ohh Chubbs you don't have go and sightsee. Go find a nice place to indulge some tasty food. Can recommend the not so French sounding "Burger & Fries" which is also pretty cheap as is A La Biere. To really get amongst it and feel more a local than a tourist, do go and try out my namesake (I went here because it had my name but turned out great!) Le Bambou. Vietnamese and for central Paris its again well priced.

Don't stay in your room mate Smiley

https://www.le-bambou.com/en/

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 1943 1944 1945 [1946] 1947 1948 1949 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: