Pages: 1 ... 1934 1935 1936 [1937] 1938 1939 1940 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047269 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #29040 on: Friday, September 28, 2018, 13:31:08 »

I have worked in education for 20 years. I know a shit teacher when I see one.

How long you worked in IT, because you know fuck all about wireless networking?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #29041 on: Friday, September 28, 2018, 13:37:50 »

5 minutes mate. Everyone knows I just sit playing football manager all day.

And If I remember rightly, I fackin sorted you out with a cisco once..  Smug Fuck Off

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #29042 on: Friday, September 28, 2018, 13:39:44 »

Trying to get a gas meter fitted on a new supply, how the bloody hell am I supposed to know whether my supply is medium or low pressure.....!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #29043 on: Friday, September 28, 2018, 16:30:27 »

Over here the teachers have to fund their own classroom equipment, so you get a yearly shopping list that comes home with your kid for things to buy!  The teachers are allowed to claim some of their expenses against their tax return, so I'm sure it all works out ok for them.....................

To be honest, school, as we know it, should have been finished off a few years ago.  I am not sure what the replacement looks like, but it sure as hell isn't what it looks like right now.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #29044 on: Friday, September 28, 2018, 22:25:50 »

Education in the UK is fucked.  Academies (private companies funded by public money) are getting rid of experienced, competent, qualified teachers (typically by suddenly telling them they are crap after long and successful careers using badly applied Performance management processes coupled to gagging order Compromise Agreements on staff they get rid of) and replace them with either NQT's for less than £20k a year, or worse - for everyone -  "Instructors" who are unqualified and given the role of teachers (who work like slaves and are paid the same as slaves - and mostly they are great people paid for doing a job way above their "pay station").

Re "Academies (private companies funded by public money)" - has anyone known a private company that is not in it for profit?Huh?

To test this  - anyone who has kids in a recently appointed academy school, have a look at how many long serving, often much loved/respected teachers with years of experience suddenly leave/retire/look for pastures new, and are amazingly replaced by cheaper options.

And if you (or your kids) are looking at a career in teaching - think about long term careeer prospects!!!!  When I was a kid most teachers were at least 100 years old.  Now anyone over 40 is fucked/shown the door cos they are too high up the pay scale. Anyone going into to teaching under the current model will be on borrowed time by 35!!!

I am not a teacher - just someone who has seen how fucking disgraceful this country has become in (not) ensuring the development of our kids

PS - I am not Reg operating under a pseudonym

No one kills a thread like me....
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #29045 on: Friday, September 28, 2018, 22:58:44 »

Education in the UK is fucked.  Academies (private companies funded by public money) are getting rid of experienced, competent, qualified teachers (typically by suddenly telling them they are crap after long and successful careers using badly applied Performance management processes coupled to gagging order Compromise Agreements on staff they get rid of) and replace them with either NQT's for less than £20k a year, or worse - for everyone -  "Instructors" who are unqualified and given the role of teachers (who work like slaves and are paid the same as slaves - and mostly they are great people paid for doing a job way above their "pay station").

Re "Academies (private companies funded by public money)" - has anyone known a private company that is not in it for profit?Huh?

To test this  - anyone who has kids in a recently appointed academy school, have a look at how many long serving, often much loved/respected teachers with years of experience suddenly leave/retire/look for pastures new, and are amazingly replaced by cheaper options.

And if you (or your kids) are looking at a career in teaching - think about long term careeer prospects!!!!  When I was a kid most teachers were at least 100 years old.  Now anyone over 40 is fucked/shown the door cos they are too high up the pay scale. Anyone going into to teaching under the current model will be on borrowed time by 35!!!

I am not a teacher - just someone who has seen how fucking disgraceful this country has become in (not) ensuring the development of our kids

😂

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #29046 on: Friday, September 28, 2018, 23:25:54 »

There's more truth in that than a lot of people would realise.  Cost pressures at schools (and not just academies) are massive.  The government simply is not funding increases to school grants at a rate that even comes close to keeping pace with statutory pay rises & increased funding of pension schemes.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29047 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 00:37:04 »

A cogent analysis.  However we live in an evolving world, as Rob points out schools as we know them are probably finished. We need something more aligned with current reality,  it's easy to deconstruct something, but difficult to construct an alternative. The current alternative seems to be faith schools, a very dangerous path.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #29048 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 06:22:42 »

Wow chunky.

You are so wrong it’s unbelievable.

Academies are a good thing. One they are classed as charities, run like businesses yes, but for a good reason. There are many teachers older than 35. It’s the work loads and pressures that teachers do not like. It’s the lack of respect from students that upsets a lot of them.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #29049 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 08:23:51 »

Idiots who waste my time when I'm selling stuff online.

Idiot: "Is it still for sale?"
Me: "Yes, it is"
Idiot: "Great, I'll take it. Can I pop over later to collect?"
Me: "Of course, what time suits you?"

Then bugger all. A one off I may understand, but this happens quite a lot. Twats.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #29050 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 21:10:51 »

Idiots who waste my time when I'm selling stuff online.

Idiot: "Is it still for sale?"
Me: "Yes, it is"
Idiot: "Great, I'll take it. Can I pop over later to collect?"
Me: "Of course, what time suits you?"

Then bugger all. A one off I may understand, but this happens quite a lot. Twats.
Even if it means paying PayPal rip off fees,  make them pay for it before arranging collection.  If they turn up and there is a genuine reason for them not going through with the deal then can always reverse the payment - won't cost you anything, otherwise fuck 'em, keep the dosh.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #29051 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 09:01:38 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/45714544

Hopefully this gets laughed out of court
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #29052 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 17:05:41 »

Getting Swindon player's names wrong.  At the very least I think we should all know their names, on Tuesday I still heard people say 'McCormack'

This goes further, I have friends who flat out refuse to say another friend's name correctly.  Surely this is the least we can expect of people?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #29053 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 18:53:39 »

For some reason I’m watching a 1986 rerun of Top of the Pops.

I know I liked a drink in the 80s but I really have absolutely no recollection of so many songs/singers.

Nu Shooz, Falco, Pete Wylie. Who were these people?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29054 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 18:59:41 »

'Rock Me Amadeus' was pretty well known (Falco)
Pages: 1 ... 1934 1935 1936 [1937] 1938 1939 1940 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: