Pages: 1 ... 1932 1933 1934 [1935] 1936 1937 1938 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5092087 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #29010 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 09:42:34 »

Marriage...no not mine :-)

Just seems so many people i know are splitting from their partners after only being married for a no more than a a few years. Its very sad to see. It just seems to be the way these days. Go back 15-20 years and even further splits like this were few and far between but now, its just seem to be the norm.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29011 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 10:09:57 »

Just seems so many people i know are splitting from their partners after only being married for a no more than a a few years. Its very sad to see. It just seems to be the way these days. Go back 15-20 years and even further splits like this were few and far between but now, its just seem to be the norm.

Official stats suggest that the divorce rate is lower than say 15 years ago....

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/divorce

However that doesn't tell us whether that's couples who've been together years or not that long.....anecdotally I do believe that the numbers who've been together years and then divorce later in life is on the increase.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/marriagecohabitationandcivilpartnerships/articles/marriageanddivorceontheriseat65andover/2017-07-18
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #29012 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 10:43:32 »

Official stats suggest that the divorce rate is lower than say 15 years ago....

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/divorce

However that doesn't tell us whether that's couples who've been together years or not that long.....anecdotally I do believe that the numbers who've been together years and then divorce later in life is on the increase.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/marriagecohabitationandcivilpartnerships/articles/marriageanddivorceontheriseat65andover/2017-07-18

interesting fact reg.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #29013 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 16:20:15 »

Pure assumption on my part but now a days with advanced technology I bet more people are leaving ‘paper trails’ of any extra curricular activity and thus more likely to be caught...and then divorce
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #29014 on: Thursday, September 27, 2018, 11:01:14 »

When cleaning things, be it ourselves or dishes etc whilst in the shower, bath, dishwasher, washing machines etc we use hot/warm water. We are told this helps.
So why when cleaning our teeth do we use cold water?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29015 on: Thursday, September 27, 2018, 11:16:05 »

When cleaning things, be it ourselves or dishes etc whilst in the shower, bath, dishwasher, washing machines etc we use hot/warm water. We are told this helps.
So why when cleaning our teeth do we use cold water?

I'd hazard a guess that warmer water might make the toothpaste soggy.

When I was a kid toothpaste wasn't a thing, a bit like washing up liquid, it started to come in the late 50's early 60's. Before then you had tooth powders like Gibbs and Eucryl.  Wet the brush and dip in, possibly sometimes even a block.

They were very abrasive, but as there were so many smokers it helped to clear the nicotine and tar stains.... transiting from 50's post war austerity, to the more now recognisable 60's was in many ways a fine thing, but I sort of understand why Brexiteers wish to go back there.... ain't going to happen though.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #29016 on: Thursday, September 27, 2018, 11:16:40 »

Pure assumption on my part but now a days with advanced technology I bet more people are leaving ‘paper trails’ of any extra curricular activity and thus more likely to be caught...and then divorce
I agree, there is a lot more available to lead people astray. Social media plays a massive part i'd say.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29017 on: Thursday, September 27, 2018, 11:21:59 »

I agree, there is a lot more available to lead people astray. Social media plays a massive part i'd say.

Further to yesterday... the Mail had this article.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6209623/Divorces-fall-lowest-level-1973-growth-silver-splitters.html
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 27, 2018, 11:27:08 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #29018 on: Thursday, September 27, 2018, 11:54:57 »

I can't click that link im afraid :-)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #29019 on: Thursday, September 27, 2018, 12:10:37 »

Well we can rule any of those factors out as a cause then. I assume the rising/falling/stagnant divorce rate is due to coffee/immigrants/millenials/low cut dresses
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #29020 on: Thursday, September 27, 2018, 12:39:34 »

My missus bought me a box of mince pies the other day. I love mince pies so obviously I'm not going to let them go to waste but FFS it's bloody September. This should be illegal.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29021 on: Thursday, September 27, 2018, 14:16:33 »

Well we can rule any of those factors out as a cause then. I assume the rising/falling/stagnant divorce rate is due to coffee/immigrants/millenials/low cut dresses

Entirely possible.... but the Mail does have a new editor, so I've been looking to see if the more rabid right wing tendencies, have a had a bit of a brush up.... tbf, it is difficult to tell.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #29022 on: Thursday, September 27, 2018, 17:43:27 »

My missus bought me a box of mince pies the other day. I love mince pies so obviously I'm not going to let them go to waste but FFS it's bloody September. This should be illegal.

Mince pies are for life, not just for Christmas.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #29023 on: Thursday, September 27, 2018, 21:00:15 »

Mince pies are for life, not just for Christmas.

Agreed. Same goes for pancakes and pigs in blankets (not together) rather than their normal dates

Food is for enjoyment not tradition in my household
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #29024 on: Thursday, September 27, 2018, 21:29:28 »

Agreed. Same goes for pancakes and pigs in blankets (not together) rather than their normal dates

Food is for enjoyment not tradition in my household

No pigs in blankets to be found anywhere in Asda last weekend. Was devastated

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 1932 1933 1934 [1935] 1936 1937 1938 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: