Pages: 1 ... 1921 1922 1923 [1924] 1925 1926 1927 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5097198 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #28845 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 16:10:33 »

Why do people waiting for buses insist in standing right in the middle of the pavement blocking other pedestrians? I swear the human race gets more and more selfish and less aware of others by the day.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28846 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 16:31:48 »

Why do people waiting for buses insist in standing right in the middle of the pavement blocking other pedestrians? I swear the human race gets more and more selfish and less aware of others by the day.

Presumably this is London you're talking about?  I suspect it's a fear of not being able to find a seat, so you want to be able as close to the kerb as poss to scramble on.

Although there are some bus stops which are just badly designed, so this can happen. Not enough space.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #28847 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 16:37:52 »

Presumably this is London you're talking about?  I suspect it's a fear of not being able to find a seat, so you want to be able as close to the kerb as poss to scramble on.

Although there are some bus stops which are just badly designed, so this can happen. Not enough space.

Yeah, you get the line of people along the kerb, which is fine as they are out of the way, but it’s the dickheads who just congregate in the middle of the kerb, blocking passers by.

It’s always a scrum to get a seat on the bus, mainly by the salad dodgers who are too fat to stand up for a bit.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #28848 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 16:41:32 »

So whilst I’m on the bus topic. What is the obsession with people having unnecessary loud conversations on the bus. I’m sat next to some women talking utter drivel on the phone. When someone calls me and I’m on public transport I’ll keep my conversation quiet and brief.

Now the fucking women to the left has just started a phone conversation. Shoot me now!

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #28849 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 16:43:05 »

Euro Star ticking system.

£104 return to Paris. Fantastic!

Then it tells me i need to pay 79 quid if i want a fucking seat! Fuck off!.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #28850 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 16:45:29 »

Just tell them you'll stand in the cafe car
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28851 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 16:48:45 »

Yeah, you get the line of people along the kerb, which is fine as they are out of the way, but it’s the dickheads who just congregate in the middle of the kerb, blocking passers by.

It’s always a scrum to get a seat on the bus, mainly by the salad dodgers who are too fat to stand up for a bit.

My sympathies... I'm usually in with the coffin dodgers, mostly still a civilised experience, although I do give the number 17 Penhill to Park South a miss.

I have had a salad dodging disabled person cut up rough over the use of the reserved for the elderly seat.... pointing out that I am elderly
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #28852 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 17:14:36 »

My sympathies... I'm usually in with the coffin dodgers, mostly still a civilised experience, although I do give the number 17 Penhill to Park South a miss.

I have had a salad dodging disabled person cut up rough over the use of the reserved for the elderly seat.... pointing out that I am elderly

Nowt wrong with the number 17, just a case of avoiding any eye contact.
The people who put their feet on the seat opposite do annoy me though, particularly when they are sat right next to the sign asking them not to.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #28853 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 17:18:36 »

So whilst I’m on the bus topic. What is the obsession with people having unnecessary loud conversations on the bus. I’m sat next to some women talking utter drivel on the phone. When someone calls me and I’m on public transport I’ll keep my conversation quiet and brief.

Now the fucking women to the left has just started a phone conversation. Shoot me now!

Happens every time I use the train in central London, Almost always women, and almost always at the tops of their voices in a foreign language. (i'll probably be labelled Misogynistic, and racist now!)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28854 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 18:42:13 »

not really racist, just observations

and while we are on non racism, I reckon 80% of 60mph middle lane hoggers i see in the morning look Asian.

obviously they could be British, but I reckon that would point to a genetic thing, which seems unlikely.

this doesn't apply to summer holidays, where it seems to be a fickwit free for all at times
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #28855 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 18:56:55 »

Luke Norris was born Luke Hacker and changed his name in 2012  Hmmm
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #28856 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 19:11:05 »

The Calley at Hodson closing on Friday ☹️
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #28857 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 19:11:49 »

not really racist, just observations

and while we are on non racism, I reckon 80% of 60mph middle lane hoggers i see in the morning look Asian.

obviously they could be British, but I reckon that would point to a genetic thing, which seems unlikely.

this doesn't apply to summer holidays, where it seems to be a fickwit free for all at times

Your comment on middle lane drivers is observational racism. Wash your mouth out with curry. I happen to agree with you because when I was on the road (for 30 years) it was something I picked up on also.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #28858 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 19:12:20 »

The Calley at Hodson closing on Friday ☹️

As in permanently?
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #28859 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 19:47:22 »

As in permanently?
Yep, couple running it said Wadworths can’t get anyone else in to carry on !
Pages: 1 ... 1921 1922 1923 [1924] 1925 1926 1927 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: