Pages: 1 ... 1880 1881 1882 [1883] 1884 1885 1886 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047692 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28230 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 10:19:46 »

Door to door tea towel selling...

Is this legit, we seem to have a stream of scousers coming to the door claiming they are on rehab programmes selling door to door and suggesting that if they meet sales targets they are entitled to some kind of apprenticeship - it was plumbing this morning?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #28231 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 11:00:28 »

Is this legit, we seem to have a stream of scousers coming to the door claiming they are on rehab programmes selling door to door and suggesting that if they meet sales targets they are entitled to some kind of apprenticeship - it was plumbing this morning?
No.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #28232 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 11:35:56 »

Two websites crashing today due to marketing offers.

- Thomas Land with £10 tickets
- Marks and Spencer, 20% off school uniform.

If you have offers, expect more traffic and put the relevant infrastructure in place.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #28233 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 13:41:13 »

Not just exclusive to scousers and while there are some good rehabilitation schemes for recent criminals, these aren't the usual career paths (selling Jeyes cloths) that are encouraged or undertaken.

I would say it's a rekkie to see how often a household is answered. You answered so likely your house won't become a potential target. Keep an eye on your neighbours though if you know some that are out all day or most of the weekends. Goes without saying; houses with empty personnel or pets, yet full of goods, is prime for these toerags!

Having said all that, i've no idea why they come to mine, there's nothing to take! Unless they want 1000 tea towels and a few boxes of rubber gloves?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #28234 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 14:41:40 »

Not just exclusive to scousers and while there are some good rehabilitation schemes for recent criminals, these aren't the usual career paths (selling Jeyes cloths) that are encouraged or undertaken.

I would say it's a rekkie to see how often a household is answered. You answered so likely your house won't become a potential target. Keep an eye on your neighbours though if you know some that are out all day or most of the weekends. Goes without saying; houses with empty personnel or pets, yet full of goods, is prime for these toerags!

Having said all that, i've no idea why they come to mine, there's nothing to take! Unless they want 1000 tea towels and a few boxes of rubber gloves?
I think the rubber gloves are enough to put them off....
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #28235 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 14:52:48 »

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/16269410.1_000_pupils_a_day_missing_from_schools_in_Swindon/

That is actually a lower absence rate than most employers will see on their "front line" roles!  Reporting is very lax these days, no context provided, no comparisons of note.

The question the Education system is unable to grapple with, is how to educate individuals?  If they could crack that, then holidays would be a thing of the past anyway - parents could just be given an allocation to use when they like.  Children would have an education plan linked to the ability, their personal needs and have support provided along the way.  You would never "miss" anything.  The world has moved on with technology, schools are incredibly slow to follow.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #28236 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 15:19:31 »

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/16269410.1_000_pupils_a_day_missing_from_schools_in_Swindon/

That is actually a lower absence rate than most employers will see on their "front line" roles!  Reporting is very lax these days, no context provided, no comparisons of note.

The question the Education system is unable to grapple with, is how to educate individuals?  If they could crack that, then holidays would be a thing of the past anyway - parents could just be given an allocation to use when they like.  Children would have an education plan linked to the ability, their personal needs and have support provided along the way.  You would never "miss" anything.  The world has moved on with technology, schools are incredibly slow to follow.

To do that would require resources and resources cost money that public schools don't have. There's already a shortage of teachers anyway - let alone teachers to provide the strict level of attention needed to pull something like this off. Same issue with technology - there isn't the money available to pay for it and then to train the staff to use it.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #28237 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 19:11:19 »

“Sandwich cream”!? No

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44373387
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #28238 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 19:17:04 »

A few years ago probably longer TBF they were hawking a story of discontinuing the stuff due to falling sales. Made national news then quelle surprise sales took off again. Now that I know this stuff which I love is made by those cunts at Kraft/Heinz (Mondelez) I will now stop buying the stuff and have a generic brand.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28239 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 19:20:47 »

that was back in 2000.

iirc that jacked the price up too when it 'came back'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28240 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 19:20:50 »

Bit like sandwich potatoes.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #28241 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 19:40:12 »

that was back in 2000.

iirc that jacked the price up too when it 'came back'
Probably. I have to say we have recently being buying the Bramwell range of condiments from Aldi. Their mayonnaise tasted virtually the same as Hellmans. Mind youi’m not a massive mayo fan but the missus is andshes happy with the stuff so hey ho.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28242 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 19:54:49 »

Now that I know this stuff which I love is made by those cunts at Kraft/Heinz (Mondelez)
tbf they weren't exactly trying to hide it:

it's in quite big letters on the label
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #28243 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 20:09:10 »

tbf they weren't exactly trying to hide it:

it's in quite big letters on the label
I’m actually registered blind.....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28244 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 20:09:58 »

I when I went away to do higher education, the nice middle class girl I shacked up with, ate mayonnaise, I didn't know what it was, having only ever had salad cream coming from Swindon.

It wasn't even Heinz, but something called Hellmans and very nice too. 

I tried to convince her of the delicacy of sandwich spread, but to no avail.
Pages: 1 ... 1880 1881 1882 [1883] 1884 1885 1886 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: