Pages: 1 ... 1874 1875 1876 [1877] 1878 1879 1880 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5084994 times)
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #28140 on: Friday, May 25, 2018, 11:03:43 »

The Russians paid quite well for the TEF database.

I always suspected Reg of being a bot!  Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28141 on: Friday, May 25, 2018, 11:54:06 »

I paid £30 for some decking stain last weekend, yet I could have bought the entire Homebase chain for £1.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #28142 on: Friday, May 25, 2018, 18:27:09 »

I keep seeing the same bollocks from (some) Liverpool fans how their net spend over two seasons has been nothing like we should all be fucking amazed.

The team that played Man City in the Qtr-Finals cost something like £350m in Transfer fees, but this is overlooked because Man Utd spent more (despite their income being almost double that of the Scousers).

I quite like a number of the Liverpool players, and actually quite like Klopp as a manager but their fucking fans piss me off, to the point I almost wan't the third best team in Spain to beat the fourth best team in England in the final. Then I remember that smug (but very good) bastard Ronaldo plays for the other mob.

With any luck they'll decide to use VAR in the final & the game never finishes so neither of them get to win it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28143 on: Friday, May 25, 2018, 20:35:13 »

Quote from: Sippo
Nothing. Known issue. Drink a litre of oil every 300 miles or so.

Not a recall but Audi are aware. £6k worth of work!
eek. warrant job I assume!
Barry Scott

« Reply #28144 on: Saturday, May 26, 2018, 13:19:45 »

I keep seeing the same bollocks from (some) Liverpool fans how their net spend over two seasons has been nothing like we should all be fucking amazed.

The team that played Man City in the Qtr-Finals cost something like £350m in Transfer fees, but this is overlooked because Man Utd spent more (despite their income being almost double that of the Scousers).

I quite like a number of the Liverpool players, and actually quite like Klopp as a manager but their fucking fans piss me off, to the point I almost wan't the third best team in Spain to beat the fourth best team in England in the final. Then I remember that smug (but very good) bastard Ronaldo plays for the other mob.

With any luck they'll decide to use VAR in the final & the game never finishes so neither of them get to win it.

I have no dog in this fight, but it’s clear their net spend is tiny. And £350m? Since when? As an outsider, to me it looks like they’ve spent nowhere near what Man U and the rest of the brands around them have.

I hope Liverpool spank Real. Such a diving moaning bunch of prima donnas. And I love Klopp.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #28145 on: Saturday, May 26, 2018, 13:25:30 »

I hope Liverpool spank Real. Such a diving moaning bunch of prima donnas.

[/quote] Me too,  hate that twat Ronaldo, still can't forgive him for what he did to Rooney in the world cup. 
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 26, 2018, 13:27:55 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #28146 on: Saturday, May 26, 2018, 13:57:00 »

Me too,  hate that twat Ronaldo, still can't forgive him for what he did to Rooney in the world cup. 
Fuck all to do with Ronaldo. Rooney was a twat.
Couldn't give the slightest fuck who wins. Don't like Liverpool but I do like klopp. Ronaldo is an arrogant prick but he's delivered year after year.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #28147 on: Saturday, May 26, 2018, 14:20:54 »

Me too,  hate that twat Ronaldo, still can't forgive him for what he did to Rooney in the world cup. 

Yeah he’s a wanker for getting kicked in the bollocks, huh!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #28148 on: Saturday, May 26, 2018, 14:40:38 »

I have no dog in this fight, but it’s clear their net spend is tiny. And £350m? Since when? As an outsider, to me it looks like they’ve spent nowhere near what Man U and the rest of the brands around them have.

Add up the transfer fees if the players that played, and it adds up to just shy of £350m.

And you’re right, they have spent less than Man Utd, but only one of the top 5 in England made a loss in 2017, yep Liverpool.
The fact that Man Utd, Man City & Chelsea all have bigger revenue than Liverpool is ignored.

It just annoys me that they use the fact they’ve managed to convince other clubs to overpay for their players as some kind of badge of honour.

PS Have to say I like Klopp too, it’s Liverpool’s fans that annoy me
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28149 on: Saturday, May 26, 2018, 14:56:13 »

probably I hope Liverpool lose eleventy nil. the Scousers will be insufferable if they win.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #28150 on: Saturday, May 26, 2018, 15:09:32 »

Lots of glory supporters swanning around in Liverpool shirts here today, hopefully they lose

I come from a land down-under
Barry Scott

« Reply #28151 on: Saturday, May 26, 2018, 15:30:23 »

Add up the transfer fees if the players that played, and it adds up to just shy of £350m.

So over the last 5 years or so they’ve spent that. That’s still nothing compared to the others. In fact having a cursory look, I can’t see how that team was £350m?

Edit: Using Wikipedia for fees and even including subs I get £270m.

And you’re right, they have spent less than Man Utd, but only one of the top 5 in England made a loss in 2017, yep Liverpool.
The fact that Man Utd, Man City & Chelsea all have bigger revenue than Liverpool is ignored.

How relevant is it though? They’re all big clubs with big revenues and most clubs make loses, some huge. Christ Man U  carry fuck loads of debt don’t they?

It just annoys me that they use the fact they’ve managed to convince other clubs to overpay for their players as some kind of badge of honour.

Or maybe they’re astute enough to get fair money for them? I’m not sure why that’d annoy you, seems like good business practice to me.

Also, having just googled more info about your points, in the last 5 years Man C have spent £563m nett, Man U £437m, Chelsea £222m, Liverpool, £52m.

Anyway, arhm oot, I’m very aware it’s a waste of my time to discuss something this trivial.

I feel like Liverpool are one of the more real and properly supported clubs in this country, as opposed to publicly traded brands, and they’re one of only about 3 or 4 I’d quite like to see doing well. Albeit mainly due to Klopp.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #28152 on: Saturday, May 26, 2018, 16:15:00 »

Fuck all to do with Ronaldo. Rooney was a twat.
Couldn't give the slightest fuck who wins. Don't like Liverpool but I do like klopp. Ronaldo is an arrogant prick but he's delivered year after year.
Agree with all of that !

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #28153 on: Saturday, May 26, 2018, 17:03:59 »

Rooney V Greasy Dago. Only one winner, the one with more than one brain cell. Liverpool because i’m English, i’d Love to cheer for a Scottish, Welsh or N.Irish club, sadly none of them made it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28154 on: Saturday, May 26, 2018, 17:15:01 »

I just can't bring myself to cheer Liverpool on.
Pages: 1 ... 1874 1875 1876 [1877] 1878 1879 1880 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: