Pages: 1 ... 1864 1865 1866 [1867] 1868 1869 1870 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5081697 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #27990 on: Sunday, April 29, 2018, 20:40:30 »

Funnily enough I spent a lot of time working with a programme that supports prisoners and their families. It's a huge part of rehabilitation that they maintain contact if possible but you are absolutely correct, those who have a loved one commit an awful crime are often overlooked when we think about victims. It's not just the emotional side of it either; there are practicalities like loss of earnings, potential homelessness, retaliation from the community etc.

That sounds incredibly interesting. Some people just cannot be rehabilitated but there are some amazing stories of people that have and I always think that there is a more positive outcome from these scenarios. A lot of people won't or don't care to understand that and believe someone should just rot in jail. However, that does no one any good at all. I know many will disagree but rehabilitation is paramount to any slice of good to come from something so bad.

Absolutely, the partner of the lad was in a lot of my classes at secondary school, the likelihood is she will have to resettle somewhere else now because in this particular case, it was the friends of the victim who goaded the defendant. Knowing the area they are from, a retaliation would certainly be highly possible. Even though the victims wife has been quoted as saying she is happy that justice has been done and they can help put some closure for everyone. It was just extremely unfortunate that the legal nemesis 'alcohol' was party to this incident and the resulting outcome was the worst possible.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #27991 on: Monday, April 30, 2018, 10:06:58 »

2 stabbings on town center/old town over the weekend.

Knife crime in general seems to be increasing at a rate of knots.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #27992 on: Monday, April 30, 2018, 10:17:56 »

2 stabbings on town center/old town over the weekend.

Knife crime in general seems to be increasing at a rate of knots.

And according to the govt its not related to police cuts!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #27993 on: Monday, April 30, 2018, 10:34:09 »

of course it isn't.

What makes me laugh if people on social media all of a sudden posting "2 stabbings in 2 day, time to get out of this town" as if they think its going to be any better anywhere else.
Flashheart

« Reply #27994 on: Monday, April 30, 2018, 10:45:01 »

It's Sadiq Khan's fault.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #27995 on: Monday, April 30, 2018, 10:53:51 »

It's Sadiq Khan's fault.
This has been going on long before it was announced he wanted to buy Wembley. :-)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #27996 on: Monday, April 30, 2018, 12:46:28 »

It's Sadiq Khan's fault.

According to the Mail it was Jeremy Corbyn.....
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #27997 on: Monday, April 30, 2018, 12:55:00 »

According to the Mail it was Jeremy Corbyn.....

And simultaneously the last Labour government
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #27998 on: Monday, April 30, 2018, 13:32:04 »

of course it isn't.

What makes me laugh if people on social media all of a sudden posting "2 stabbings in 2 day, time to get out of this town" as if they think its going to be any better anywhere else.

The 'come to Bristol' comment was bizarre, given the crime levels there.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #27999 on: Monday, April 30, 2018, 16:10:01 »

of course it isn't.

Well... There are much better places to live to be honest. The biggest news story in my town is that a pub got a new name.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28000 on: Monday, April 30, 2018, 16:12:37 »

Well... There are much better places to live to be honest. The biggest news story in my town is that a pub got a new name.
tbf, doll's heads in pot holes seems to be the lead story in Swindon:

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/16192994.The_creepy_dolls__39__heads_popping_up_in_Swindon__39_s_potholes/

How very Royston Vaysey of us.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #28001 on: Monday, April 30, 2018, 17:55:07 »

This could go in either thread.
Got underpaid at work today by quite a substatial amount due to cash flow, after moaning to everyone all day, I got a call after work about the job I applied for a couple of week ago offering me an interview. Been looking at changing jobs for a while and after today it couldn’t have come sooner. Just needed to impress in the interview now.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28002 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2018, 10:33:30 »

Going into a public bog and finding someone else's floater, a massive floater. It won't flush away.  Huh? The next person's gonna think it's mine  Sad
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28003 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2018, 10:35:11 »

good luck Quagmire
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28004 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2018, 10:58:11 »

This could go in either thread.
Got underpaid at work today by quite a substatial amount due to cash flow, after moaning to everyone all day, I got a call after work about the job I applied for a couple of week ago offering me an interview. Been looking at changing jobs for a while and after today it couldn’t have come sooner. Just needed to impress in the interview now.

Good luck, plus if its good I assume you won't have to work your existing notice as they have breached your contract by not paying you?
Pages: 1 ... 1864 1865 1866 [1867] 1868 1869 1870 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: