Pages: 1 ... 1846 1847 1848 [1849] 1850 1851 1852 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047140 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27720 on: Friday, March 9, 2018, 12:41:25 »

ouch! proper snap? sounds horrific.

Yeah like a pinging sound and a feeling of being shot. I knew as soon as it happened I had done it again!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27721 on: Friday, March 9, 2018, 13:03:31 »

fuck...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #27722 on: Friday, March 9, 2018, 13:22:47 »

Yeah like a pinging sound and a feeling of being shot. I knew as soon as it happened I had done it again!

Not quite as bat but i fucked my sciatic nerve playing football and i couldn't walk for 2 days, then struggled for about 2 weeks to walk properly. 4 weeks later is still giving me grief. Pain killers from the docs did fuck all so i dug out a stash of "stronger ones" i had lying around.
To be careful i am only taking them for 5 days at a time then having a break but fuck me, you don't realise what a great job they do until you stop taking them.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #27723 on: Friday, March 9, 2018, 17:04:47 »

Not quite as bat but i fucked my sciatic nerve playing football and i couldn't walk for 2 days, then struggled for about 2 weeks to walk properly. 4 weeks later is still giving me grief. Pain killers from the docs did fuck all so i dug out a stash of "stronger ones" i had lying around.
To be careful i am only taking them for 5 days at a time then having a break but fuck me, you don't realise what a great job they do until you stop taking them.

I was off work for 2 months thank to sciatica... it finally got so bad I was taken to GWH in an ambo in January. Turns out my disc was so fucked I needed emergency spinal surgery (within half hour of the MRI being done) to prevent complete paralysis of my left leg and permanent loss of bladder function. Don't be too stubborn to keep bothering the doctor is my advice... although I was lucky to get the surgery when I did, thanks to my initial reluctance to do anything, I've got irreversible nerve damage which means I have limited sensation in my foot and lower leg.  Had my first day back at work today though, which was a good milestone.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #27724 on: Friday, March 9, 2018, 17:19:49 »

I was off work for 2 months thank to sciatica... it finally got so bad I was taken to GWH in an ambo in January. Turns out my disc was so fucked I needed emergency spinal surgery (within half hour of the MRI being done) to prevent complete paralysis of my left leg and permanent loss of bladder function. Don't be too stubborn to keep bothering the doctor is my advice... although I was lucky to get the surgery when I did, thanks to my initial reluctance to do anything, I've got irreversible nerve damage which means I have limited sensation in my foot and lower leg.  Had my first day back at work today though, which was a good milestone.

Glad to hear you're back at work/have been able to return to work. Hope your recuperation goes well. Good health.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #27725 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 15:21:41 »

The fucking state of this:

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #27726 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 15:40:37 »

Great news LS.

Had my op today. The anaesthetic drugs are class. The feeling of being pissed without having any booze!

2 weeks in a cast and then the physio begins (which is horrible!)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27727 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 15:49:35 »

Ha BO, I am going through physio too at the moment.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #27728 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 15:56:06 »

Ha BO, I am going through physio too at the moment.

I’ve done it for cruciate ligaments in my knee and my other Achilles. From memory it’s such hard work building up the muscles again. But I’m a total sap so it’s probably not that difficult!

What did you do mate?

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27729 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 16:03:46 »

I've heard tendons etc are painful. I dislocated my shoulder and snapped the top of my humerus off. A git trying to sleep  Smiley
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #27730 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 17:34:54 »

The fucking state of this:

What are atheist ninja trolls, and can I be one?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #27731 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 17:51:00 »

Ha. I started that yonks ago in a rush of drunken enthusiasm. It was a group of us trolling creationist/flerfer groups and the like.    Some fun was had but it died after a while.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #27732 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 22:14:59 »

OK. Follow-up for someone who only seems to inhabit very mainstream uplands of the internet: what’s flerfer?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27733 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 22:32:37 »

flat earther. Fuckwits who genuinely believe the earth is flat and use flawed and misunderstood 'science' to probe their point
woolster

« Reply #27734 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 22:53:21 »

whilst watching the news on ITV the new series of the only way is Essex was being advertised, what I don't understand is,why do people watch this shit, its fucking nonsense
Pages: 1 ... 1846 1847 1848 [1849] 1850 1851 1852 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: