Pages: 1 ... 1841 1842 1843 [1844] 1845 1846 1847 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5088760 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27645 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 18:57:45 »

Apparently my council tax doesn't now include basic services such as gritting the roads in town centre or even the major arteries out of Swindon. Fucking useless bastards, the council
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27646 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 19:00:01 »

Why do divers enter the water backwards?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #27647 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 19:01:29 »

Apparently my council tax doesn't now include basic services such as gritting the roads in town centre or even the major arteries out of Swindon. Fucking useless bastards, the council
Yes but it does cover Perkins expenses. That should make you feel better.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27648 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 19:05:50 »

Yes but it does cover Perkins expenses. That should make you feel better.
Ah, well now you put it like that, I can see there's priorities. That's all fine then
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27649 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 19:41:14 »

Quote from: pauld
but such shittyness means I can work from home tomorrow.

well I could if my RSA token hadn't stopped working...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #27650 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 20:08:19 »

I wrote this on another forum on the 16th February, therefore it may even be out of date now....

There have been 18 school shootings in the US in 2018 already, to bring some context to that if you adjust the figures for the difference in population that means that if we had the similar rate in the UK we would have suffered 5 school shootings in the UK since 1st January 2018.

Stayed quiet for a bit - my daughter had to come home early from school today because some idiot decided to come into school with a handgun in his backpack.  Clearly someone dobbed him in as he is now in jail under questioning but he caused the school to go into lock down for 25 minutes once it became public knowledge he had one.  As far as I can tell it did not come with any threat of use.

The debate is very interesting.  Yes, there are some clear nut jobs, but by and large the historical context is well known.  It has certainly been illuminating in so far as the level of knowledge everyday people seem to have about their Constitution, why ti exists, what it all means and their interpretation of the wording.

Overall, it does seem like their is a shift occurring at the moment and while laws may not change quickly, I think there is a very real possibility that within a generation or two the 2nd Amendment may get some updating, or at least new legal interpretation.

It does baffle me personally, given where we come from, that people can have what sounds like a reasoned debate when the answer to a gun problem is to have more guns.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27651 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:10:05 »

Stayed quiet for a bit - my daughter had to come home early from school today because some idiot decided to come into school with a handgun in his backpack.  Clearly someone dobbed him in as he is now in jail under questioning but he caused the school to go into lock down for 25 minutes once it became public knowledge he had one.  As far as I can tell it did not come with any threat of use.
'kin 'ell. That would have proper shit me up. Hope all are well (except for the idiot with the gun)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27652 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:12:16 »

Driving home from town last night, roads not gritted, effectively one usable lane on Queens Drive and the dual carriageway, everyone's taking it nice and careful because the conditions are OK but slippery. Everyone that is apart from the stupid bitch behind me who decided I wasn't going fast enough and started tailgating me. Genuinely couldn't believe how stupid some people are.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #27653 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:36:27 »

I had that this morning on the same bit of road, going to the hospital. Some twat in a white van tailgating me then undertaking. I hope he ended up in a ditch somewhere.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27654 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:41:19 »

There's plenty of arseholes around. I don't speed up for anyone.  Smiley
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #27655 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:41:39 »

Driving home from town last night, roads not gritted, effectively one usable lane on Queens Drive and the dual carriageway...

I know everyone likes an excuse to bash the council, but saying the roads weren't gritted simply isn't true.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27656 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:42:25 »

Seen the gritters on three occasions this week
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27657 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:59:38 »

I know everyone likes an excuse to bash the council, but saying the roads weren't gritted simply isn't true.
When I drove home from town centre yesterday evening and then again last night neither Queens Drive or the A4259 had been gritted. It does seem to have been done this morning tbf.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 2, 2018, 12:01:12 by pauld » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #27658 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 12:55:34 »

'kin 'ell. That would have proper shit me up. Hope all are well (except for the idiot with the gun)

Some kid phoned in a threat overnight, so now they have increased Police presence onsite!

Ignore
« Reply #27659 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 12:59:50 »

When I drove home from town centre yesterday evening and then again last night neither Queens Drive or the A4259 had been gritted. It does seem to have been done this morning tbf.

They've been gritted numerous times. It's doesn't make any difference in this weather though. I drove along the m4 last night. I couldn't even see the road underneath the snow.
Pages: 1 ... 1841 1842 1843 [1844] 1845 1846 1847 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: