Pages: 1 ... 1827 1828 1829 [1830] 1831 1832 1833 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5066808 times)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #27435 on: Monday, February 5, 2018, 10:44:39 »

Shit. That’s a very long time. I had it for about week - couldn’t walk without throwing up and staggering everywhere.

Hope it clears up soon.

It's slowly getting better, I had flu to start with, then honestly thought i'd had a stroke as I felt so dizzy, lost all balance and strength, my face is numb. I had a CT scan and all is fine, just got completely blocked sinuses which caused the labyrynthitis. Never felt so shit. Been off work for over 4 weeks.
Flashheart

« Reply #27436 on: Monday, February 5, 2018, 10:46:18 »

I remember having an ear infection when I was young. I couldn't stand up, was off school for yonks because of it.
Barry Scott

« Reply #27437 on: Monday, February 5, 2018, 11:42:00 »

I found a lump in my bollock. Got seen by a GP the same day, have it checked in GWH a few days later and get told all is well.

As I then have another appointment (presumably in case they’d had to lop one off) I phone to cancel it as the letter clearly stated that “missed appointments cost the NHS £160 each” or something.

Well, I can’t cancel the appointment. They refuse to cancel it as “I have to attend”. The only way I can cancel it is getting my gp to do so. I’ve now tried to call my surgery and get something down about this about 10 times over 2 days. Fuck it, arhm oot.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27438 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 14:46:05 »

Not trivial at all really but grrrr:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/08/former-soldier-james-matthews-fought-against-isil-faces-terrorism/
Flashheart

« Reply #27439 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 14:54:53 »

You'd hope that common sense will prevail.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27440 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 15:31:50 »

You'd hope that common sense will prevail.
You would, but this falls in the nexus between Govt security policy, Scotland Yard and a touch of Foreign Office. Not an encouraging combination for "common sense"
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #27441 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 19:07:08 »

I found a lump in my bollock. Got seen by a GP the same day, have it checked in GWH a few days later and get told all is well.

Epididymal cyst? I have that.

Didn't get seen as swiftly as you did, when I was living in Norwich after university. In the week or so wait between seeing a doc and going for the scan, I did reevaluate my life: handed in my notice to the housing association office job I had, booked a holiday to Tanzania, and started my application to become a teacher.
Barry Scott

« Reply #27442 on: Friday, February 9, 2018, 10:14:43 »

Epididymal cyst? I have that.

Didn't get seen as swiftly as you did, when I was living in Norwich after university. In the week or so wait between seeing a doc and going for the scan, I did reevaluate my life: handed in my notice to the housing association office job I had, booked a holiday to Tanzania, and started my application to become a teacher.

Wow, that’s an ace reaction, only wish I had such a fire lit under my arse by something.

I think it’s the same thing, but can’t be sure.

I was lucky as I recognised it as something I’d had before so wasn’t remotely bothered. The first time I had it was an entirely different affair, but this was a decade ago, so I got seen by a doc within a few hours and the shock/fear was very short lived.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27443 on: Friday, February 9, 2018, 10:40:36 »

It goes without saying that any cancer isn't great. But the odds of beating testicular cancer are very good if caught reasonably early.

I know I'm particularly crap at getting anything seen to as soon as possible - but in this case its vital - got a ball lump - get it seen.

Preaching to the converted on here I hope (not you two, people in general).
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27444 on: Friday, February 9, 2018, 11:23:22 »

Had a filling this morning, which entailed anaesthetic so now dribbling coffee out of one side of my mouth and looking like I've had a small stroke. And I'm hungry but the only things immediately to hand are a bit chewier than I feel brave enough to risk. (I'm going all out on "trivial" here)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #27445 on: Friday, February 9, 2018, 11:35:58 »

Had a filling this morning, which entailed anaesthetic so now dribbling coffee out of one side of my mouth and looking like I've had a small stroke. And I'm hungry but the only things immediately to hand are a bit chewier than I feel brave enough to risk. (I'm going all out on "trivial" here)

I've had that for about a month due to this labyrynthitis/virus thing, half my face is numb, I honestly thought I'd had a stroke at first, I could barely walk, felt dizzy, numb face, slurred speech. They gave me a CT scan and everything, scary stuff.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27446 on: Friday, February 9, 2018, 11:43:47 »

I've had that for about a month due to this labyrynthitis/virus thing, half my face is numb, I honestly thought I'd had a stroke at first, I could barely walk, felt dizzy, numb face, slurred speech. They gave me a CT scan and everything, scary stuff.
'kin 'ell. That's definitely not trivial. Meanwhile, in "dental recovery updates" I am happy to report that the last few mouthfuls of coffee did remain in the mouth. But it's now gone a bit lukewarm so will be attempting to eat something with a fresh one. Wish me luck, folks.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #27447 on: Friday, February 9, 2018, 11:59:50 »

'kin 'ell. That's definitely not trivial. Meanwhile, in "dental recovery updates" I am happy to report that the last few mouthfuls of coffee did remain in the mouth. But it's now gone a bit lukewarm so will be attempting to eat something with a fresh one. Wish me luck, folks.

Had three filings last week and she took a flyer and did them with no injection, thankfully it was OK!

I had to go through all that when I collapsed the other year, months of CT scans EEG's etc worried sick after which they just concluded that my brain is 'unremarkable' and I have epilepsy onset in my early 40's! I was also worried I might have had a stroke but seems OK now.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27448 on: Friday, February 9, 2018, 12:26:35 »

Having had only one minor calf injury in a year (just before half marathon, obviously) I thought I was getting somewhere.

My knee has stepped forward and said "hold my pint".

It hurts all the time. Sitting. Standing. Supported. Unsupported. I did find one position in bed that it was OKish. But not until 4am.

Old + fat + running = tears..
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27449 on: Friday, February 9, 2018, 13:10:38 »

Surface. Shoes. Core.
Pages: 1 ... 1827 1828 1829 [1830] 1831 1832 1833 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: