Pages: 1 ... 1771 1772 1773 [1774] 1775 1776 1777 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5081404 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #26595 on: Monday, September 25, 2017, 11:50:39 »

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/deal/news/trains-disrupted-by-car-on-132651/

Just how?!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26596 on: Monday, September 25, 2017, 11:55:16 »

Moving out here, the healthcare system was one are of concern before making that jump and I won't lie, the potential safety net of the NHS and being able to return if something big happened was a deciding factor.

Since being here I can confirm that fully private healthcare is a scary thing.  Not knowing what a visit to the Doc's could cost, even with employer subsidised bi-weekly payments in place.  It is also abundantly clear that having profit in the mix causes it to be bloated beyond belief.  The admin involved is eye watering, keeping many people in employment to move paperwork around, testing for anything they remotely can and pushing drugs far more effectively than street corner dealers.  For all it's faults, the NHS wins hands down for me.  I would say it has opened my eyes to having a mix though, maybe a sort of standard healthcare we all get then you can top-up for non emergency stuff.  I never really saw the benefit in the UK, but would probably happily pay a few quid each month to have the option of jumping queues for non emergency stuff if we return.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #26597 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 11:22:14 »

The wife ordered a Lumie Light from Holland and Barrett as a present for her mum as it had a significant discount.

6 weeks later we were sent another and charged again.

Upon phoning H&B they said that as she didn't tick the "this is not a repeat order box" we will be sent one every six weeks automatically.  The lady from H&B struggled to understand why we didn't want another one.

It is a fucking light not Omega 3  Doh
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #26598 on: Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 17:54:49 »

We want to move out electricity meter outside the house and about 1m from where the power supply comes into the house (the supply presently travels 2m plus inside the house until it reaches the meter) Electricity North West want 900 quid to basically kill the power, cut the wire, splice a 1m piece on, we have to do all the excavation and buy and fix the box ourselves.

Daylight fucking robbery!
Barry Scott

« Reply #26599 on: Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 18:14:45 »

We want to move out electricity meter outside the house and about 1m from where the power supply comes into the house (the supply presently travels 2m plus inside the house until it reaches the meter) Electricity North West want 900 quid to basically kill the power, cut the wire, splice a 1m piece on, we have to do all the excavation and buy and fix the box ourselves.

Daylight fucking robbery!

We're going through the same. Make friends with a few electricians and ask about. Sadly both electricians who our electrician said could do it had stopped after one got caught and lost his job and the other threw in the towel as he wanted to keep his job.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26600 on: Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 23:15:17 »

Being in a shopping queue with around four items and the person unloading the trolley full in front doesn't give you the nod to go in front of them. That's part one, part two being the last two items they have not registering on the scanner. Other staff members being called etc.  Suicide
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #26601 on: Thursday, September 28, 2017, 06:59:49 »

Being in a shopping queue with around four items and the person unloading the trolley full in front doesn't give you the nod to go in front of them. That's part one, part two being the last two items they have not registering on the scanner. Other staff members being called etc.  Suicide

It's nice when people do let you in but i never expect it. I wouldn't offer if i was the one with the full trolley. Unless she was fit. :-)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #26602 on: Thursday, September 28, 2017, 07:24:54 »

People that do their full weekly shop then use the self service quick checkouts. Fuck off.

People who go to the cash point and then decide to get balance receipts with every fucking card in their wallet. Bloke in front of me did 6 the other day
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26603 on: Thursday, September 28, 2017, 07:54:23 »

I was in a shop once when they announced another till was opening, as I moved towards it this bloke virtually sprinted past me. I was taken aback and just stayed in my original queue. Nobody came for ages  Cheesy
I raised a wry smile in his direction as I left the shop and he was still waiting to be served  Smug Fuck Off
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #26604 on: Thursday, September 28, 2017, 07:58:41 »

Asda not allowing trolleys into their self serve checkouts.

I only had a trolley because i had my son with me, but even with only 4 items then said i wasn't allowed to use them
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #26605 on: Thursday, September 28, 2017, 08:19:13 »

Isn't that obvious though. The self service area's aren't designed for trollies. Gets my back up, kids or not, when people use the self service with trollies.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #26606 on: Thursday, September 28, 2017, 08:41:46 »

Isn't that obvious though. The self service area's aren't designed for trollies. Gets my back up, kids or not, when people use the self service with trollies.

No its not obvious...

obvious would be a sign saying "no trolleys" or "baskets only" which it doesn't. Self service are marketed as express lanes, for people with a few items. Shouldn't matter how they are being transported.

Back in the day before self serve checkouts you used to have the "basket only" lane. General rule was if you had a trolley with 10 items of less, its was ok to use them.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #26607 on: Thursday, September 28, 2017, 08:51:21 »

Oh come on. Look at the space especially in asda. Trollies take too much room. Anyone with common sense can see they're not designed for massive trollies.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #26608 on: Thursday, September 28, 2017, 09:14:12 »

I don't see the problem with using a trolley in the self service checkouts, done it many times, for the same reason; I have a child.

What about people in wheelchairs? They take up the same amount of space as a trolley, are they allowed to use the self service checkouts as Asda?
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #26609 on: Thursday, September 28, 2017, 09:19:23 »

I was in a shop once when they announced another till was opening, as I moved towards it this bloke virtually sprinted past me. I was taken aback and just stayed in my original queue. Nobody came for ages  Cheesy
I raised a wry smile in his direction as I left the shop and he was still waiting to be served  Smug Fuck Off

In the same vein, we had a trolley full doing our weekly shop, heading towards the only till open when some guy with a basket pretty much sprints past and starts to empty his basket on the end of the conveyor, behind two other trolleys. Immediately came across the tannoy they were opening the till next door Cheesy we were walking out the shop and he hadn't even got to the front of the queue  Bye

Pages: 1 ... 1771 1772 1773 [1774] 1775 1776 1777 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: