Pages: 1 ... 1745 1746 1747 [1748] 1749 1750 1751 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5066183 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #26205 on: Thursday, July 13, 2017, 16:48:52 »

These posts should probably belong in the boxing thread......

Call me cynical but I honestly think this could be all scripted, the fight plan is already set just like a wrestling  "fight".

McGregor comes out and starts impressively, landing a few punches despite many of the greatest boxers of recent times failing to land many punches against Mayweather. The fight looks in the balance early and then Mayweather finishes it of impressively in rounds 7-9. Both come out of with reputation intact and the theatrical element of this farce lived up to the hype.

As I said I'm so cynical towards this
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #26206 on: Thursday, July 13, 2017, 16:51:16 »

There's a legitimate super fight a few weeks later.

Many people don't even know about Golovkin v Alvarez
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #26207 on: Thursday, July 13, 2017, 16:56:17 »

There's a legitimate super fight a few weeks later.

Many people don't even know about Golovkin v Alvarez
Genuinely excited for this fight. Think Alverez can retire him?
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #26208 on: Thursday, July 13, 2017, 17:06:37 »

I guess GGG is favourite, slightly, I haven't looked at the odds.

It's a mouthwatering prospect, I've seen a lot more of GGG and hope he wins but I don't really know
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #26209 on: Sunday, July 16, 2017, 08:11:14 »

I guess GGG is favourite, slightly, I haven't looked at the odds.

It's a mouthwatering prospect, I've seen a lot more of GGG and hope he wins but I don't really know

Sat infront of oddschecker at the moment. GGG 4/7 (4/6 best price, betfred) vs. Alvarez 11/8 (6/4 is still about with some lesser bookies)

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26210 on: Monday, July 17, 2017, 15:54:50 »

England's Test performance at Trent Bridge, these last 3.5 days. I'm struggling to remember a more incompetent home performance, certainly since the pre central contract days of the 90's.

I guess it's another nail in the coffin for Test cricket... we're going West Indies style, players don't want to play, as the easy money is in the white ball game.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26211 on: Monday, July 17, 2017, 16:52:37 »

I'm not sure where the fault lies, because for a while it looked like we were on a good track with Test cricket in the mid 2000's.  Since the retirement, voluntary and otherwise of key players from that group we've gone rapidly backwards.  Balance for example - how does he manage to get a recall after being shown to have a massive technical flaw that good standard Test bowlers have identified?  To have not found anyone even remotely looking like a competent opener?  The seeming desire to have a team Stokes type all rounder style players because they look good in the one innings in five it works and they look good at the one day stuff?

I haven't checked, but we must have a team of players averaging in the 30's at best, outside of Cook and Root, and that includes Tests against Bangladesh which used to be used to balance off players having 40+ averages 10 years ago.

The bowling isn't too bad, could certainly do with some competition for the frontline two, but the batting is simply more likely to fold than bat big.  When we perform, it's because one od these hit and miss players has a big hit, but they'll follow that with several single digit efforts.

The answers don't seem obvious either - people keep calling for other players who are equally as poor at the long game - Morgan being a good example.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #26212 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 10:37:58 »

It doesn't annoy me or make me angry but it surprises me...a lot...being an ex contact lens wearer for 20+ years I just can't see how....trouble was neither could she  I am guessing....

http://globalnews.ca/news/3603281/woman-27-contact-lenses/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #26213 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 11:56:13 »

Im sorry, but what are we teaching the youth of today for an 18 year old girl to accept that being sexually assaulted is normal on a night out?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/40633487/getting-groped-is-just-part-of-a-normal-night-out
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26214 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 12:49:47 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40641841

What is wrong with the human race?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #26215 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 12:52:16 »

Why is this acid attack thing becoming a thing?!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #26216 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 13:07:02 »

Why is this acid attack thing becoming a thing?!

Agreed, I don't understand it at all.  

'Chappy door run' was about as brave as I got when I was younger, it seems the yoof of today are a different breed altogether.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26217 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 15:40:43 »

Agreed, I don't understand it at all. 

'Chappy door run' was about as brave as I got when I was younger, it seems the yoof of today are a different breed altogether.
TBF BO, I suspect the modern day equivalent of your younger self are not the ones carrying out acid attacks. Conversely, your contemporaries that would be the equivalent would likely also have been very very different from your younger self.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #26218 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 16:20:10 »

TBF BO, I suspect the modern day equivalent of your younger self are not the ones carrying out acid attacks. Conversely, your contemporaries that would be the equivalent would likely also have been very very different from your younger self.

That is a fair point Paul and I am inclined to agree with you.

Still, I will never understand how people get kicks from chucking corrosive substances into random people's faces.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26219 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 16:25:35 »

That is a fair point Paul and I am inclined to agree with you.

Still, I will never understand how people get kicks from chucking corrosive substances into random people's faces.
Me neither. Something for which I am profoundly grateful.
Pages: 1 ... 1745 1746 1747 [1748] 1749 1750 1751 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: