Pages: 1 ... 1738 1739 1740 [1741] 1742 1743 1744 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5089847 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #26100 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 13:37:50 »

Along similar lines, when, how and why did the word 'email' (verb) get replaced with 'reach out'? The Americans are by far the worst for this, but the phrase seems to be taking hold here too.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26101 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 13:45:33 »

Me and some mates were talking about this recently and a mate, who works in some cunty place in London, won the debate when he said his boss asked him to "step into my idea shower."

I hope I never have to step into an idea shower and touch base.

I think that's got to be the cuntiest phrase I have ever heard. I cannot believe that phrase was uttered by someone, they should be thoroughly ashamed!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #26102 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 14:00:31 »

Apparently thought (or idea) shower is now the alternative to brainstorming which is no longer PC because of perceived offense to epileptics.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #26103 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 14:14:11 »

Apparently thought (or idea) shower is now the alternative to brainstorming which is no longer PC because of perceived offense to epileptics.

I cannot speak for all epileptics, but I don't give a shit about it to be honest
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26104 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 14:39:22 »

Rain
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #26105 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 14:44:12 »

I cannot speak for all epileptics, but I don't give a shit about it to be honest

Suspect that's the view in the majority of instances where a group of people have it decided on their behalf, as to what might or might not be deemed offensive. Normally some jobsworth in a local authority somewhere.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26106 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 15:48:36 »

Quote from: reeves4england
Along similar lines, when, how and why did the word 'email' (verb) get replaced with 'reach out'? The Americans are by far the worst for this, but the phrase seems to be taking hold here too.

It hasn't made it to our company yet. Thankfully.

idea shower, I'd have laughed in my bosses face
china red

« Reply #26107 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 16:10:29 »

Yeah heard this on a training session recently, world is far too PC these days
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #26108 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 16:28:31 »

There's a fucking cunt in my office who uses the term "revert" as interchangable with "reply."

Get fucked.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #26109 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 17:17:08 »

On that note, "Can I get?" Instead of "Please may I have?" Lovely sign in the pub by the canal in Bradford On Avon which makes it plainly clear you won't get fuck all if you "Can I get?" When wanting service. Here, here.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26110 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 19:12:18 »

Quote from: jayohaitchenn
There's a fucking cunt in my office who uses the term "revert" as interchangable with "reply."

Get fucked.

I'd never even heard revert in that context before, had to Google to check.

Don't you work in the same place as Paul D?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26111 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 19:18:46 »

Paul may revert to your question Batch
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26112 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 19:20:33 »

Smiley
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #26113 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 22:14:29 »

Can someone brighter than me explain why the Adver is so shit please?

This is a sincere question.. I know it's not the Sunday Times, but I imagine there are still plenty of journalism grads etc who would be happy to get the gig. I refuse to believe they can't actually spell or they wouldn't have got the job in the first place. So what is it? Tough deadlines? Because I'm sure like anyone else with a degree I've probably written thousands upon thousands of words via the power of red bull alone but I've still never written anything along the lines of "if you wasn't a footballer"

Or do they just all come from Oxford? 🤔

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26114 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 01:42:26 »

It has been turned into a largely centralised national chain, so very little money now spent on local journalism.  If you notice, on any day the courts report you get loads of articles, which shows they use other sources for most of the content, that and rehashing social media as they don't have local reporters to the level they used to.  It is all but a free local rag these days.
Pages: 1 ... 1738 1739 1740 [1741] 1742 1743 1744 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: