Pages: 1 ... 1724 1725 1726 [1727] 1728 1729 1730 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5049041 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25890 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 11:05:52 »

In what way just out of interest?

Seemed to be what you're implying that 2 days notice is insufficient to organise, perhaps a car share/lift, taxi to and from, or a walk.

Reinforcing the thought by stating that their organisation and admin is shit.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #25891 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 11:12:36 »

Seemed to be what you're implying that 2 days notice is insufficient to organise, perhaps a car share/lift, taxi to and from, or a walk.

Reinforcing the thought by stating that their organisation and admin is shit.

Fuck knows why I am replying to your trolling attempts, but to make you feel important...

Actually it was 1.5 days notice and whilst the parents tried to get organised when one is talking 3-4 year olds it means car seats etc and thus limits capacity of the few who could work round it - she is not the only one missing out;
All locally based family is on holiday;
Trying to get a taxi locally here at 0830-0900 in the morning is impossible, there is only one firm and they are all tied up doing scheduled school runs;
Tried a bus but again that doesn't work as they are every 2.5 hours;
Could have walked but its 3 miles each way on country lanes.

Hmmm That good enough for you?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25892 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 11:17:18 »

Fuck knows why I am replying to your trolling attempts, but to make you feel important...

Actually it was 1.5 days notice and whilst the parents tried to get organised when one is talking 3-4 year olds it means car seats etc and thus limits capacity of the few who could work round it - she is not the only one missing out;
All locally based family is on holiday;
Trying to get a taxi locally here at 0830-0900 in the morning is impossible, there is only one firm and they are all tied up doing scheduled school runs;
Tried a bus but again that doesn't work as they are every 2.5 hours;
Could have walked but its 3 miles each way on country lanes.

Hmmm That good enough for you?

If it's only 3 miles couldn't someone have done a shuttle service? 

Ignore
« Reply #25893 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 11:19:40 »

Having to cancel my holiday next week as my dog is unwell.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25894 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 13:04:26 »

Does our council have no shame?

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/15302761.Anger_as_Race_For_Life_runners_hit_with_parking_fees/?ref=mr&lp=10
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25895 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 14:42:11 »

The issue here seems to be more that the means of paying for parking was incompetently organised, rather than having to pay. 

If we want to keep things like Lydiard as community assets, then as things stand charging for parking seems a fair enough way to do it. But people are going to get mightily pissed off when they have to queue and the machine is busted etc, so they get a parking ticket.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25896 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 15:02:41 »

The issue here seems to be more that the means of paying for parking was incompetently organised, rather than having to pay. 
Doesn't look like it, one quote about having to queue, but most are disgusted that the council are charging to park for a charity event, even though they said they'd waive charges for charity events when the charges were introduced:

"Last year Swindon Borough Council voted to introduce parking charges at Lydiard Park and Coate Water but the indication was always that these charges would not apply to large charity events."

From the organisers:

"The new parking charge was something we had discussed with the council in the hope that the fee could be waived for those taking part on the day, but unfortunately this was not possible"

So, they introduce something that will clearly affect charities, wave aside concerns that it might affect charities by saying they'll exempt charity events so they don't look like money-grabbing scrooges and then when it's introduced, screw the charities anyway.

And the quotes from angry participants:

"I am very angry, I couldn’t believe it. I think it’s disgusting.If the money had been put in a pot for Cancer Research I would happily have put a few pounds in. The money should have gone directly to the charity. I think most people would have been happy to pay if that had been the case."

“I think it’s disgusting,” added Theresa Sawyer from Park South, whose daughter was taking part.“These people have taken time to come here for charity, they’ve paid their £15 and now they’ve got to spend another £4 on parking.The council should give the money to Cancer Research. It’s terrible"

"“It never crossed my mind that they would charge people to park at a charity event. The council should give the money to the charity.”
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25897 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 15:13:59 »

I'm no fan of SBC, but having said something about charity events, they have done a volte face, and notified the organisers who presumably should have notified the participants.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #25898 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 15:15:56 »

If it's only 3 miles couldn't someone have done a shuttle service? 
For the 20 minute window available to drop the kids off could have been done once maybe.

In brighter news £350 on the car has a new MOT!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #25899 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 15:32:11 »

For the 20 minute window available to drop the kids off could have been done once maybe.

In brighter news £350 on the car has a new MOT!

Brighter news? An MOT costs 40 quid! whats the other £310 for?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #25900 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 18:42:32 »

Brighter news? An MOT costs 40 quid! whats the other £310 for?
Should have said, cam belt water pump change and all that jazz - lot less than I had budgeted for.

Sent from my Hudl 2
horlock07

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #25901 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 18:44:51 »

This is going to make me sound like a right wanker but the way they are trying to spin man united trying to win for Manchester is getting right on my tits!

Sent from my Hudl 2
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #25902 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 18:55:20 »

The constant drooling of football commentators over Dutch football - particularly the national team "The Dutch way, total football, always play one way, blah, blah"
Not done them much good has it, one measly European Championship and a big fat zero World Cups

I come from a land down-under
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #25903 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 19:29:48 »

Ajax are basically​ a higher league version of us from the past couple of years. Loads of possession, no chances, young players lacking physical strength, all very predictable.
Panda Paws

« Reply #25904 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 20:07:25 »

Ajax are basically​ a higher league version of us from the past couple of years. Loads of possession, no chances, young players lacking physical strength, all very predictable.

You're joking right? Yes they're struggling against a £250m+ Man Utd side but they're the best young team in Europe. They came within a whisker of winning their league, and got to a major European final with a side that cost less than £40m and has the youngest average ever in a European final ever... They also have some of the most promising young players in the world, and will cover the cost of the whole side with the sale of one player this summer.

Pages: 1 ... 1724 1725 1726 [1727] 1728 1729 1730 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: