Pages: 1 ... 1722 1723 1724 [1725] 1726 1727 1728 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5088302 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #25860 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 15:46:43 »

Steve Morrison scoring for Millwall in the 85th minute for Millwall.  Bradford have been the better team by far.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #25861 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 15:57:17 »

Dickheads invading the wembley pitch
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #25862 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 15:58:22 »

It could only be Millwall.........twats!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #25863 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 15:58:47 »

Millwall should be banned from promotion....no scratch that...from football. Horrible bastards.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #25864 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 16:06:49 »

Well worth it to see Neil Harris telling one of their fans who was trying to join in his hug to fuck off. I bet the moron is really offended and all...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #25865 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 16:16:28 »

Steve Morison in his interview said those fans were annoying him and its ruined the moment
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #25866 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 16:36:20 »

Should be a statement made...invade the pitch, no presentation.

Bradford better but didn't gamble enough in final third.

Shame...adds to our shit season.

Clems Army!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #25867 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 16:55:59 »

Well worth it to see Neil Harris telling one of their fans who was trying to join in his hug to fuck off. I bet the moron is really offended and all...

I saw one clip of a lady who seemed quite put out by Harris' lack of appreciation.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #25868 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 17:07:32 »

Kids had their first school photos done recently.

Got the proofs back with a price list the other day. Daylight robbery.

£50 for a CD with 8 photos on it.
£9 for 1, yes 1 6x4 photo. I shit you not. I can go boots and print one for 25p.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #25869 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 17:25:42 »

Kids had their first school photos done recently.

Got the proofs back with a price list the other day. Daylight robbery.

£50 for a CD with 8 photos on it.
£9 for 1, yes 1 6x4 photo. I shit you not. I can go boots and print one for 25p.

We had that from our nursery a couple of weeks ago, we had no idea they were doing it, we were just shown the photos after they had been done with the price list.
Must be the same company as the CD was £49 with 8 photos.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #25870 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 17:37:42 »

We had that from our nursery a couple of weeks ago, we had no idea they were doing it, we were just shown the photos after they had been done with the price list.
Must be the same company as the CD was £49 with 8 photos.

This will soften the blow when we get our price list shortly (they were doing this at my daughters nursury last week) - enough effort was spent getting her to not look petrified so I suppose we'll pay.

Also,

HOW IS THIS STILL AN INDUSTRY?

We can all take a photo and edit, filter etc.

Come at me, photographers.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #25871 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 17:41:31 »

I suppose we'll pay
Also,

I've heard of answering your own question, but here you appear to have questioned your own answer...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #25872 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 17:42:36 »

I've heard of answering your own question, but here you appear to have questioned your own answer...

Haha.

Suckers, the lot of us.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #25873 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 22:20:53 »

This will soften the blow when we get our price list shortly (they were doing this at my daughters nursury last week) - enough effort was spent getting her to not look petrified so I suppose we'll pay.

Also,

I would disagree with that part totally. I think there are many that have a good "eye" for an image. Yet there are also many that definitely can't.

While I agree with much of the rest I think this boils down to "what the client wants?" generally you get what you pay for. These "mass shoot school photographers" do tend to take the piss a little as in you don't get buggar all for your money and then ramp up the price for prints.

I'm not a pro photographer, i'm an amateur but with a good eye and passion for photography. I have a confidence in my ability and I know my standard is better than many pro's i've researched to develop my own style. Working alongside 3 of my pro photographer friends i'll be 2nd shooter this summer at 3 or 4 shoots. It'll be my first time shooting in a professional environment and while it's scary and i'll probably feel like I haven't got the best gear, I know that I will have much of an idea. I know I can get great results out of my current camera, so that is all that matters to me. It's also a great opportunity to learn and develop my portfolio massively.

Apologies Costanza, I wasn't trying to make this about me. To truly answer, yes there is a place for photographers. I think on the whole as an individual you have to think about what goes into the price. Like when people expect musicians to play a gig for nothing or say £50. There is all the factors; practice, equipment, labour, consultation, marketing etc, etc. The same applies in any trade as i'm sure you know. It's no different in photography and like in trade you get some good, some bad, some cheap, some expensive. Erring on caution most people choose someone in the middle.

There is also a massive difference between being able to just shoot in Auto to being able to shoot in Manual. Real photographers work hard on set/site and many hours of set.

I really don't like these big school photography companies because effectively once they have set up and rigged the lighting, set focus etc, the kids are told to do exactly the same pose, sit in the same spot and they can take four or five frames. I imagine it must sap the creativity from them as the monotony of the job must be a bind. That and I imagine having excellent daycare skills is a bigger factor than being a talented photographer.

I'm sure there will be some that disagree. I'm also sure someone will do this in a more concise way.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #25874 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 22:51:55 »

They did that in 2010.
Pages: 1 ... 1722 1723 1724 [1725] 1726 1727 1728 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: