Pages: 1 ... 1684 1685 1686 [1687] 1688 1689 1690 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5066095 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #25290 on: Friday, January 20, 2017, 11:33:02 »

Oh, I know about it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #25291 on: Friday, January 20, 2017, 12:45:13 »

Oh, I know about it.
You will soon know more if its the size of these kidney stones!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #25292 on: Friday, January 20, 2017, 12:49:48 »

Oh, I know about it.

Sounds a bit daft but I've suffered in the past and used to drink lemon juice/cider vinegar mixed with olive oil washed down with a lot of water. It really helped with my symptoms.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/138953-how-use-olive-oil-lemon-juice-kidney-stones/
Peter Venkman

« Reply #25293 on: Friday, January 20, 2017, 12:57:04 »

drink lemon juice/cider vinegar mixed with olive oil washed down with a lot of water.
It will never catch on.

Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #25294 on: Friday, January 20, 2017, 13:05:47 »

It will never catch on.

it burns your insides like a bastard but if it eases the unbelievable pain then its worth a try
Peter Venkman

« Reply #25295 on: Friday, January 20, 2017, 13:11:02 »

it burns your insides like a bastard but if it eases the unbelievable pain then its worth a try
I passed a stone when I was 20 and yes that hurt like hell, luckily had none since.

Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #25296 on: Friday, January 20, 2017, 13:18:46 »

I passed a stone when I was 20 and yes that hurt like hell, luckily had none since.

I had two +  two operations
Barry Scott

« Reply #25297 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 20:35:18 »

That cunting PC I've been modding - or more specifically HP and their proprietary bullshit.

So, I got the cooler mounting kit from Noctua. Great.

HP hve designed their backplate and motherboard mounting system to make even this kit impossible. Not to be defeated, and powered by anger, I took a fucking drill to the case and the shit sent to me by Noctua and drilled, hacked and smashed the shit out of the motherboard and cooler mounting thing until I could then bodge parts of the Noctua kit into making my cooler mount upon my CPU. Barry 1 - 0 HP.

Cooler mounted, rewired from 4 pin fan to 5 pin to prevent HP forcing me into using their tripe and then turn it on. Boom, works great, the BIOS accepted the new CPU without issue, the RAM was perfect and resting temps of cores 22˚c. Then it dies.

Turn it back on, it just goes into a restart loop. Go into safe mode and it's fine. Restart, fine, then crashes, then restarts and restarts and restarts.

Finally worked out it seemed to throw a fit when it was just about to ask for my password as sometimes the screen went funny at that exact second. So I pull out the graphics cards, put in and older 256MB one and works fine. So it seems my guestimate of my standard PSU being powerful enough was wrong. Great.

Now I have to bodge a PSU so that I can run all my new hardware because HP decided it was beneficial to again make expensive, noisy, proprietary shite that only they sell. Fuck you HP, fucking fuck you.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #25298 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 20:43:17 »

Mines technology related too. Before the Focus went back last week I took the time to remove the dash cam I'd wired in, ready to be installed in the new car. Picked up the new car Thursday, mounted the camera and ran the cable behind trims and seals to the fusebox, all nice and tidy.

Had to wait until today to actually get it wired in because I needed some crimp connectors which were arriving in the post. I wire it in using this piggyback connector which goes in place of a fuse in the fusebox, means you don't have to splice any wires and makes it nice and easy to remove in the future.

Finally got it all ready to be plugged in and realised the bastard fuses in the new car are a different size to the bastard fuses in the old car. Now another wait whilst I order another eBay part.

Bloody car manufacturers using different sized components.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #25299 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:03:59 »

Bloody car manufacturers using different sized components.

Just wait until the UK stops adhering to European standards. I kid you not. I had to check the holes a British colleague and I had punched in our A4 paper were the same gauge this summer. You have no idea of the multiple tiny benefits of a united Europe.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25300 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:28:56 »

talking of cars. lost  my keys today (now found). had to use the spare to get to work. the remote lock battery was gone. opened it with key.. beep beep beep. started engine with key, beep beep beep.

who the fuck designs a car that can validate the immobiliser chip to start but doesn't shut off the alarm when it does. Toyota.

thought it was cream crackered, but seems this is the norm. lock with key, open with key OK. lock with fob, open with key - alarm carmageddon.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #25301 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:35:44 »

carmageddon.

Nice.  Too Cool

(You're secretly quite pleased with yourself aren't you.)

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25302 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:38:50 »

I am, but I've used that mentally for some time.

it's the word I use for those inexplicable days where you see lots of broken down cars on the motorway. like this evening. 3 breakdowns and I only did Chippenham j17 to Swindon j16.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #25303 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:47:06 »

Maybe it was all my years with OUP, but I enjoy seeing a new word grow from the ground up. I've already had three more people adopt Fuzzy's perfect description of the outside-lane-90mph-Beemer/Merc/Audi-patrol as "Wankpanzers".

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25304 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 22:51:36 »

Smiley I like that one
Pages: 1 ... 1684 1685 1686 [1687] 1688 1689 1690 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: