Pages: 1 ... 1666 1667 1668 [1669] 1670 1671 1672 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5086881 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #25020 on: Friday, December 9, 2016, 10:18:39 »

I still can't deal with the 'bad' shitty nappies at all well, or vomit.

I generally have to have my own sick-bucket with me, which often gets used. But that's only really useful if one has fore-warning. On more than one occasion the wife has come home and had to clear up a mess that was more than the original mess because I have contributed to it myself.

This morning my youngest's (1) ass exploded, shit everywhere, inside and outside of nappy. It was horrendous.
To top it off, my eldest (3) decided to vomit up what could only be described as curdled milk. Neither of these would normally bother me, i'd deal with it, but with the stench of shit still fresh in the air mixed with the vomit, it was just too much.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #25021 on: Friday, December 9, 2016, 11:10:26 »

Not sure I could do it, tend to start gagging even at the site of a pile of vomit in the street.

And so the cycle continues.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #25022 on: Saturday, December 10, 2016, 19:16:07 »

Not sure I could do it, tend to start gagging even at the site of a pile of vomit in the street.

Great admiration though, particularly for the young who have to balance school with being the primary carer for a parent.

I guess, same as with a kid, you just get on with it because you've not got a choice. Then you just get used to it.

The other thing I've noticed with kids is their inability to be bored by repetition. When does that happen? When a 10 year old finds something entertaining they enjoy it, when a 6 year old does they insist on doing it repeatedly every hour consecutively until you make them stop. And it almost inevitably makes a very annoying noise.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Flashheart

« Reply #25023 on: Saturday, December 10, 2016, 19:25:37 »

My little boy's latest game is to stack the pillows up on the end of the bed, get on top of them and then jump off onto the bed.

He loves it, he'll do it for hours. It's not a problem in itself but you have to congratulate him on the impressiveness of EVERY SINGLE BLOODY JUMP. No half-hearted plaudits are allowed either. "Oh yeah", will not suffice. It has to be a full on enthusiastic: "WOW, that was a big one".

Every few seconds.

Oh, the joys of parenthood.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #25024 on: Saturday, December 10, 2016, 19:52:36 »

My little boy's latest game is to stack the pillows up on the end of the bed, get on top of them and then jump off onto the bed.

He loves it, he'll do it for hours. It's not a problem in itself but you have to congratulate him on the impressiveness of EVERY SINGLE BLOODY JUMP. No half-hearted plaudits are allowed either. "Oh yeah", will not suffice. It has to be a full on enthusiastic: "WOW, that was a big one".

Every few seconds.

Oh, the joys of parenthood.

Cheesy see, that's one of those standard parenting things that to me sounds absolutely adorable but only cos I don't have to do it all the bloody time!

*Ells pretends she's not going to try that later*

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25025 on: Saturday, December 10, 2016, 20:22:31 »

reminds me of hearing a thus when batch Jr was 6. Turned out he was climbing up the shelves next to his bed and jumping off to elbow drop his teddy bear.

and that was the end of leaving the TV unguarded. they are very quick at working out how to find sky sports  wwe
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #25026 on: Saturday, December 10, 2016, 20:29:54 »

I think I'd have gone mental having Sky at 6.

Maybe the bear deserved it?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25027 on: Saturday, December 10, 2016, 20:44:12 »

just to be clear, he was sneaking it on when we weren't in the room. he doesn't have it in his bedroom (even now).

The children's TV  was a mixed bag, the worst being Mr bloody tumble. God I hate that guy.

anyway I digress.

The bear was I think piglet from Winnie the Pooh.  Piglet didn't deserve it.

One for your psycho analysis, when he was really little - about 3, we often heard him talking away while in bed while going to sleep. You'd hear him chattering and giggling, and when you asked him who he was talking to he'd tell you 'the laughing girls that are in bed with me'.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #25028 on: Saturday, December 10, 2016, 20:47:19 »

Taking after his dad ?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25029 on: Saturday, December 10, 2016, 20:53:07 »

I wish (don't tell Mrs batch).

unless you mean the girls I've been to bed with laugh... in which case no comment Sad
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25030 on: Saturday, December 10, 2016, 22:11:16 »

Listening to Mr fucking Whippy pontificating about Speedway the way he used to about football in between the analysis of why we were so shite today.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #25031 on: Saturday, December 10, 2016, 22:51:45 »

I wish (don't tell Mrs batch).

unless you mean the girls I've been to bed with laugh... in which case no comment Sad

Nothing wrong with laughing in bed, got to do something while you're all asleep Wink

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #25032 on: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 08:24:49 »

Round 2 of vomiting. This time from my 1 year old. Poor little sod. 5 times we woke up to him chucking his  guts up. We have so much washing to do this morning and I'm off to buy some new pillows.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #25033 on: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 19:45:53 »

and now im hugging the porcelain, for fuck sake
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #25034 on: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 23:57:55 »

and now im hugging the porcelain, for fuck sake

Sad that's horrible, I hope the poor little lad's okay. And you, of course!

Pages: 1 ... 1666 1667 1668 [1669] 1670 1671 1672 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: