Pages: 1 ... 1618 1619 1620 [1621] 1622 1623 1624 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5097556 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #24300 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 21:57:47 »

Both cannulae and cannulas are acceptable according to the Oxford dictionary, but I've never trusted that for some reason Wink

Depends on who you're speaking to... I know someone who would mark me down for using 'cannulas' in an examination scenario...

That said, he's a cunt, so... you know.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #24301 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 22:10:09 »

Depends on who you're speaking to... I know someone who would mark me down for using 'cannulas' in an examination scenario...

That said, he's a cunt, so... you know.

Yeah I can imagine me half dead in an ambulance hearing someone shout "get the cannulas in!" And me thinking WELL I'D RATHER DIE IF HE'S GOING TO TALK LIKE THAT.

or not    Huh?

Doesn't stop my arm from being stupidly red and itchy and bruised atm though :[

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #24302 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 22:28:26 »

Yeah I can imagine me half dead in an ambulance hearing someone shout "get the cannulas in!" And me thinking WELL I'D RATHER DIE IF HE'S GOING TO TALK LIKE THAT.

or not    Huh?

'Get the cannulas in'

Sounds like a smackhead dictating who's round it is next..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24303 on: Friday, September 2, 2016, 07:39:26 »

Snapping a wisdom tooth  Angry
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #24304 on: Friday, September 2, 2016, 09:00:48 »

We had all this during our 6 hour stint in A&E the other night, amazingly the nurse found blood immediately when trying to take samples from my wife (normally she ends up looking like a human pin cushion) but then puts the tape on and now it looks like someone have dropped a heavy weight on the fold in her elbow! A highlight previously was when they gave her some drugs in hospital and her chest and shoulders went all read, cue major nursing panic, doctors being called without any explanation to us as to what was going on, when informed my wife just pointed out it was her hair brushing against her skin and causing it to go red!

My advice for A&E after the other night, if you are going to tell patients the long delays are due to you being very busy, at least try to do so and don't just stand about in front of stressed patients chatting, we were referred directly by the GP as an emergency and it was over 3 hours before we were even spoken to! As always care was great once in the system!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #24305 on: Friday, September 2, 2016, 12:10:39 »

Been a shit day at work.

Had to explain about office 2016. Really is no different to 2010/13. People hate change.

Microsoft having issues with Office 365 and outlook, the day we go 'live' and users are in.

Now sky broadband is down at home.

"My office is broken!"
"What's wrong with it?"
"I can't find anything!"
"...have you tried looking?"
"No! Why can't it work?!"

I deal with 90% Picnic problems. Our head of sales refuses to use anything windows so we have to keep fudging stuff or changing our entire setup so he can do stuff from his fucking mac. Then when his calendars don't sync with the exchange properly he complains because it's our fault he won't just use sodding outlook. If he wasn't head of sales we'd tell him to do one but as is we have to put up with his 'macs are better I want to use a mac and won't even consider using a Microsoft product even if everyone else uses it'.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24306 on: Friday, September 2, 2016, 12:51:46 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-37249243

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #24307 on: Friday, September 2, 2016, 21:42:47 »

We had all this during our 6 hour stint in A&E the other night, amazingly the nurse found blood immediately when trying to take samples from my wife (normally she ends up looking like a human pin cushion) but then puts the tape on and now it looks like someone have dropped a heavy weight on the fold in her elbow! A highlight previously was when they gave her some drugs in hospital and her chest and shoulders went all read, cue major nursing panic, doctors being called without any explanation to us as to what was going on, when informed my wife just pointed out it was her hair brushing against her skin and causing it to go red!

My advice for A&E after the other night, if you are going to tell patients the long delays are due to you being very busy, at least try to do so and don't just stand about in front of stressed patients chatting, we were referred directly by the GP as an emergency and it was over 3 hours before we were even spoken to! As always care was great once in the system!

The "watching people chatting" bit is probably the worst. Particularly when they don't communicate with you the patient. I was asked 3 times if I smoked last time I was in A&E - I never have - and I was almost tempted to reply to the last one and say "what, you think I've taken it up in the past hour?"

Hope everything's ok with you/her now!

It's amazing if the operator said something as calm as that. I know they're used to it, but I would be tempted to say what my boyfriend said to me earlier when I asked for a piggyback (it wasn't "yes" and it wasn't as polite as "no")

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #24308 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 14:15:06 »

Not sure Big Sam understands the fundemental part of his job role.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37271746
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24309 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 14:58:47 »

Not sure Big Sam understands the fundemental part of his job role.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37271746

Remember when the Brazilian Ronaldo had to play in the 98 WC final after he'd had a seizure or something similar, the suspected reason being that Nike insisted on it as sponsor of the Brazilian FA, and why they play all their matches abroad.

I'm now coming around to the belief held by some that the England manager has to only pick players from a handful of clubs, as it's demanded by the PL and its various sponsors. 

I wsa tickled mind when Big Sam was asked what he told them at half time....."get it forward"  Smiley
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #24310 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 16:44:40 »

Met an Oxford fan in Lanzarotte last week. He was quite personable....

It's All Good..............
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #24311 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 16:51:28 »

Met an Oxford fan in Lanzarotte last week. He was quite personable....
Hopefully you still twatted the scummer
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24312 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 19:59:17 »

Smiley
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #24313 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 20:08:21 »

Or made a flag.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #24314 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2016, 08:20:22 »

Got to go to Newport tomorrow for a site visit that's likely to take around 30 minutes.... so that's 4+ hours either way on the train and its not even a particularly exciting journey!
Pages: 1 ... 1618 1619 1620 [1621] 1622 1623 1624 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: